MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
David.W

Najib returns to KL in 'Hebatkan Negaraku' AirAsia jet

dedc4b3170fe3775c4eecdf74022ba2d.jpeg

Caretaker prime minister Najib Abdul Razak returned to Kuala Lumpur from his two-day visit to Sabah in an AirAsia jet featuring BN's election slogan Hebatkan Negaraku (Make my country greater).

According to Bernama, the BN chairperson posed for photographs with Sabah BN leaders with the A330-300 aircraft in the background before departing Kota Kinabalu.

Najib had arrived at the airport at about 4pm after concluding his visit to Kota Marudu for a meeting with the people.

He was accompanied by Sabah deputy chief ministers Joseph Pairin Kitingan and Yahya Hussin, state secretary Sukarti Wakiman and several senior government officers.

Also present was AirAsia Group CEO Tony Fernandes.

Meanwhile, photographs sighted by Malaysiakini showed that the stewardesses were clad in blue uniforms, which is BN's official colour, as opposed to their normal red uniforms.

Incidentally, red is the official colour of Dr Mahathir Mohamad's party Bersatu.

https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/423569

Cabin crew we're donning all blue instead of the usual red attire. I believe they should've retained the AirAsia font on the tail. Not sure why they removed it.

Saw the aircraft departing today. The tail section painting job was poorly done though..last minute job?

It is clear that all explicit symbols, signs, logo of Airasia, and Airasia X have been removed, the one on the tail hastily done so.

So, it is clear that on one hand, Tony wants to butter up the caretaker PM, but at the same time, no explicit association with Airasia or its affiliates... at least optically.

Saw an insta post. The aircraft is currently undergoing sticker removal.

Tony making an extremely big bet... but one that will pay off handsomely. Wait and see... (only if BN wins)

Tony making an extremely big bet... but one that will pay off handsomely. Wait and see... (only if BN wins)

Given lhdn treatment on those tycoons who supported opposition and d7 chairwoman is supporting ph, tf has limited choice.

Edited by KK Lee

Another instance of Najib trolling the opposition. This is clearly targeted to Rafidah.

Say what you want about him, he's mastering the art of troll.

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Given lhdn treatment on those tycoons who supported opposition and d7 chairwoman is supporting ph, tf has limited choice.

Tony has no option to say no - just like he could not say no when the govt. wanted him to do the share swap with MAS.

I think that if Pakatan does not win GE14, Rafidah will probably have to resign her position in D7.

BTW, were the rules flouted at BKI? The photo above shows that none of the VVIPs wore high visibility attire...

BTW, were the rules flouted at BKI? The photo above shows that none of the VVIPs wore high visibility attire...

There is no high-vis vest in blue colour available ..... :unknw: oh wait, why dont they place blue sticker on the high-vis vest ...for a day :p

Edited by Kee Hooi Yen

Tony has no option to say no - just like he could not say no when the govt. wanted him to do the share swap with MAS.

The share swap was highly beneficial for TF & AirAsia. It's a bit disingenuous to say that TF's arm was twisted in that instance.

Tony quickly changed sides and his posting yesterday uses a old picture of the A320 "A True Malaysian" painted plane with Dr M face.

Syed Saddiq describes Tony Fernandes as an unsung hero

https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/424326

I noticed that many commentators did not understand that AK/D7 might lose their AOCs and are still blaming him for being spineless. Many forgot what happened to that CEO of Supermax....

I noticed that many commentators did not understand that AK/D7 might lose their AOCs and are still blaming him for being spineless. Many forgot what happened to that CEO of Supermax....

I think everyone has their own reasons and agenda. Malaysia is a democratic nation and should respect each other with their choices in life.

interested to know whether the plane has been repainted back to normal livery or special livery

The wrapping was removed on 8May afternoon.

I would dearly like a 1:400 version of that in my collection but none of the players have announced it yet :)

Sign in to follow this