Icon Important Announcement!

New registrations require administration validation. This may delay registration approvals.
Reach out to us on our Facebook Page for faster approvals

Photo

KL International Airport exceeds service quality targets

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 Hon Kit

Hon Kit
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:16 AM

Heard some foreigners queued for over 2 hours at this queue.

qqSESxj.jpg

#42 Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Mohd Suhaimi Fariz
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 11:44 AM

qqSESxj.jpg

2 hours? I guess that's par the course for most other airports. I remembered waiting that long at Washington Dulles to clear immigration & customs.

#43 kandiah k

kandiah k
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:07 PM

2 hours? I guess that's par the course for most other airports. I remembered waiting that long at Washington Dulles to clear immigration & customs.

Oh yes IAD is crazy with the long long lines at the immigration and I avoid flying into IAD and prefer JFK instead. 

Speaking of KULs' long lines, I think they either have an unexpected increase in arrivals OR the counters opened are not sufficient. MAHB should look into this. 

On another note, does anyone notice that the font and colours used for the new signages are not on par with the standard fonts they use at KLIA1? Just an observation. 

#44 Mushrif A

Mushrif A
  • Platinum Member
  • 3,560 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 01:07 PM

Long lines at IAD are using during the bank of afternoon arrivals from Europe.

The mornings tend to be relatively quiet.

#45 Chris Tan

Chris Tan
  • Gold Member
  • 873 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 02:09 PM

It might be standard at crappy airports but that does not make it acceptable IMHO. Not when KLIA (and the country as a whole) has greater aspirations.

#46 Alif A. F.

Alif A. F.
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 02:25 PM

Speaking of which I saw four automatic gates installed for foreign passport holders at KLIA. I saw one foreign traveller attempting to use it but didn't work for her. Apart from that, there is no one using that machines as all of them queuing up just like in your photo.

#47 jahur

jahur
  • Gold Member
  • 941 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 02:39 PM

My cousins queued at Heathrow for 106 minutes. Immigration queue at big airports usually take 45minutes to 3hours depending on how efficient they handle peak arrivals.

At BKI though at night there's a horde of Korean and prc flights at night and sometimes only 4 foreign passport counters are open that one is unacceptable.

At KLIA I was stuck at the domestic to international immigration counter for 45minute as only 2 were open you could hear how anxious many of the pax were as they could miss their connecting. Countless times ground crew have unloaded passenger transfer bags. By the time passengers reached the designated gates their have already been offloaded. This is one of the reasons why I would never buy flights with less than 1.5hours of transit time in between no matter how attractive the fares are.

Edited by jahur, 04 January 2019 - 02:41 PM.

#48 Waiping

Waiping

Model Collector/Spotter

• Platinum Member
  • 5,722 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 05:38 PM

At BKI though at night there's a horde of Korean and prc flights at night and sometimes only 4 foreign passport counters are open that one is unacceptable.

Was arriving BKI from DMK on Christmas day and there were 2 counters for local, 6 for foreign passport. If that's is not enough they decided to queue everyone thru the baggage X Ray machines and the Green Lane was closed. Some people very hungry oh...

#49 Chris Tan

Chris Tan
  • Gold Member
  • 873 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 07:15 PM

At KLIA I was stuck at the domestic to international immigration counter for 45minute as only 2 were open you could hear how anxious many of the pax were as they could miss their connecting.

When the dom-intl immigration is busy, I find it faster to head airside and go upstairs to international departures. Especially for Malaysian passport holders as the main departure immigration hall has autogates.

#50 Hon Kit

Hon Kit
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 10:30 PM

The new autogate is quite impressive. Reads quite fast compared to the old one

#51 JuliusWong

JuliusWong
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,892 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 11:37 AM

Yes true that and in fact they are the same builders  :sorry:  :sorry:  :sorry:

WCT Group...... Their architects and engineers really need some compass in their life

#52 Holger

Holger
  • Silver Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:20 PM

"Now we have bees in KLIA2. We got maggots, rats and now bees. Maybe a zoo or KLIA 2 honey?" the AirAsia Group Bhd's chief executive officer tweeted on Monday (Jan 7) night.

"Could be new income which could reduce airport tax. Jokes aside, this is dangerous for my passengers and my staff. Will the non-communicative new CEO solve this?

#53 BC Tam

BC Tam
  • Platinum Member
  • 7,414 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:55 PM

I've had experience of birds (of feathered variety) buzzing overhead at holding area at BKI
http://www.malaysian...ic=21221&page=8
Admittedly not as hazardous as those reported at KLIA2, but random bird droppings can be 'inconveniencing' too (as per visits to Trafalgar Square & Leicester Square, London)  :pardon:

#54 Waiping

Waiping

Model Collector/Spotter

• Platinum Member
  • 5,722 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:23 PM

I've had experience of birds (of feathered variety) buzzing overhead at holding area at BKI
http://www.malaysian...ic=21221&page=8
Admittedly not as hazardous as those reported at KLIA2, but random bird droppings can be 'inconveniencing' too (as per visits to Trafalgar Square & Leicester Square, London)  :pardon:

Geez, you know how many would die for a trip just to experience it? :D

#55 BC Tam

BC Tam
  • Platinum Member
  • 7,414 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:21 PM

Geez, you know how many would die for a trip just to experience it? :D

Bird droppings at BKI or Trafalqar Sq/Leicester Sq ?

(personally I would value life, as I know it, over bird droppings anywhere) :D

#56 V Wong

V Wong
  • Gold Member
  • 841 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:59 AM

He would have blamed it on the air quality of klia2 if I had sneezed there...

#57 flee

flee
  • Platinum Member
  • 11,555 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:03 AM

Klia2 exceeds quality of service targets

https://www.freemala...ervice-targets/

#58 Mr.Bandit

Mr.Bandit
  • Silver Member
  • 390 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 06:51 AM

KLIA dropped to no 54 World Best Airports by Skytrax from no 44 last year.

#59 Chris Tan

Chris Tan
  • Gold Member
  • 873 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 07:21 AM

Maybe they can afford to renew their subscription if they increase the PSC :P

#60 kandiah k

kandiah k
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 12:28 PM

And yet they say they have exceeded the service quality targets? Just complacent and not innovative like our neighbor down south. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users