MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Robert

KLIA Plaza Premium Lounge to be refurbished

Please feel free to move to the lounge review thread if required

https://www.businesstraveller.com/business-travel/2016/12/01/plaza-premium-group-plans-heathrow-expansion/

Lets hope the food improves afterwards. Following the last refurbishment the place took a massive step back

"In other news, the Plaza Premium lounge in the Satellite Terminal of Kuala Lumpur International will undergo a phased renovation from late December to the end of May, during which time the lounge area will be partially closed. After works it will seat more than 200 passengers."

Not surprised they have to do something, the place is getting very congested

Probably those bulky comfy sofa seats will have to make way for more compact versions

The food used to be OK until the current layout was introduced. Now you even have to queue at the bar to get a cup of tea.

I'm wondering why is KLIA2 Plaza Premium Lounge located at such a weird location.. Pier L.

I had a flight at Pier P, but wanted to check out the International PPL at Pier L.

Had to go through a one-way flow direction, past Pier L security check.

Reaching the lounge isn't really a problem, but getting out of Pier L is troublesome.

Had to walk against passenger flow, back to the security check. There is no exit lane.

So had to talk to the officers explaining that I need to get to Pier P, and they have to halt the incoming passenger queue to let me (reverse out) through the scanners.

Really inconvenient and I would not bother to visit that PPL again, unless my flight departs from Pier L itself.

Or does anyone here know an alternative way back without having to interrupt security officers?

Edited by Arthur W.

I have no other alternative way back without interrupting the security officers. I think that's the only way.

But

There is a Wellness Lounge next to the food court which is also run by the Plaza Premium Group.

Edited by Walter Sim

The wellness lounge at klia2 accept priority pass.

The plaza premium first at t1 satellite is by airlines invitation only at the moment. Shower is clean. Choice of foods is classic Malaysian either chicken or fish.

Edited by KK Lee

Sign in to follow this