MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mushrif A

New A319CJ for TUDM?

Hmm,let's see...perhaps the A319CJ is the replacement for the F28? :rolleyes:

TUDM has an F-28? :blink:

Didn't know that because I thought they only operate a 737NG (BBJ), Gulfstream IV, and the Bombardier CRJ Global Express :huh:

Guest Fendy

Didn't know that because I thought they only operate a 737NG (BBJ), Gulfstream IV, and the Bombardier CRJ Global Express :huh:

f281pt.jpg

No G-IV in the inventory. Maybe you meant the Falcon 2000.

I don't think it will be a replacement, just an addition.

Basle is the place for interior fitting, just like the BBJ. It could stay there for up to a year. But in the end I guess we would have another target to spot.

RMAF is operating a BBJ for the king. Don’t understand, why they bought A319CJ for the pm instead of another BBJ.

Perhaps someone can shed some lights. :pardon:

:drinks:

Boeing BBJ are reserve for Agong, Sultans, and TYT Negeri and PM. DPM usually use falcon or Global Express. 1 BBJ is sometime not enough especially if Pak Lah need to make his overseas trip and at the same time the Agong or the Sultan wants to go overseas too.... Those aircraft were own by the Govt but operated (of course) by RMAF. If you want to use the a/c, even for the Sultans, U need to get approval from the PM. But it was actually process and approve by certain officer in the Prime Minister's Office, whe because of his "invaluable service" to one of the State, he'll be awarded the "Datukship" always....

I wonder if the A319CJ was ever part of the A380 package ordered by PMB? And pricing advantage led them to choose the A319CJ?

One would have thought that ordering another BBJ would be the better choice given common spares, crew, logistics etc with the existing BBJ.

Edited by mushrif a

I wonder if the A319CJ was ever part of the A380 package ordered by PMB? And pricing advantage led them to choose the A319CJ?

One would have thought that ordering another BBJ would be the better choice given common spares, crew, logistics etc with the existing BBJ.

This is an Air Force / Government property, therefore the commonality issue does not arise. What is more important is the percentage from the sale and the percentage of the maintenance later.

Edited by Radzi

This is an Air Force / Government property, therefore the commonality issue does not arise. What is more important is the percentage from the sale and the percentage of the maintenance later.

Now that's one very honest answer!

This new aircraft for TUDM was with LAN Airlines Airbus A319-132 -D-AVXC (cn 2572) ... It is 60Million USD price... Why should by a second hand ?

This new aircraft for TUDM was with LAN Airlines Airbus A319-132 -D-AVXC (cn 2572) ... It is 60Million USD price... Why should by a second hand ?

The aircraft wasn't with LAN, the registration was. It is a temporary registration used by Airbus.

No G-IV in the inventory. Maybe you meant the Falcon 2000.
There's no Falcon 2000, its a Falcon 900.

Perhaps, Badawi just wanted another jet so he has some more choice on his frequent visits to PER.

Nice CJ .

I'm sure the gov. will be sending all of you who pay taxes a thank you card for the lovely present :)

Yeah.

"Thank you for your tax ringgit that pays for this aircraft. Please send some more for the maintenance"

This is nothing. Might as well take 2 (or more) of the B747-4H6s withdrawn from MAS fleet and convert to the likes of 'Air Force One', or Japan's twin gov jets. It is befitting of an 'advanced' country like Malaysia which has the tallest, highest, longest and prestigeous off all things on the planet.

I just saw the PM on the prime time news on TV3. During the press interview after arriving from London, he was asked about the plane - the A319CJ.

Either he is very naive, ill-advised or just plain ignorant or stupid or all of the above.

He said and I quote" kita sewa, kita tak beli. ........Bukan duit kita. Kita sewa dari Penerbangan Malaysia."

Penerbangan Malaysia refers to PMB, the lessor of many aircraft in MH's fleet. PMB is owned directly by Khazanah/ Ministry of Finance, Inc. So, is the PM saying that Khazanah/ MoF Inc is not the Government? Not financed ultimately by the Malaysian taxpayer?

Maybe since yesterday Khazanah/ MoF Inc changed ownership and is now owned by an individual tauke or a foreign entity!

Seriously, I think the PM was cornered with that question and he didn't have anything intelligent to say, in my opinion. Hence the stupid remark that PMB is not owned by the Govn.

Edited by mushrif a