MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Phil

London Heathrow EGLL/LHR

Hi all, went to London Heathrow to catch the SQ A380 on its second day of ops, sadly the sun didn't play the game all the time but had a nice couple of hours anyway. I hope you like the shots:

One for the Indain boys to start with

vtjej.jpg

splkc.jpg

On the morning AMS-LHR-AMS

phaoa.jpg

gcivw.jpg

We have our own logo-jets too.....

gmidx.jpg

Nice colour scheme

eckdx.jpg

Off to LCA

5bdbc.jpg

A bit bit haze hit but nice anyways

aa777.jpg

Just love this scheme

aic-1.jpg

Close-up

aic-2.jpg

HKG bound

cxb744.jpg

Then as this beast comes out the sun says goodbye,typical, caught the Qantas giving her a loving kiss on the forehead

vhojn.jpg

Huge wingspan

sqa380-1.jpg

Portrait

sqa380-2.jpg

Look at the curve of the wings, amazing

sqa380-3.jpg

Well again I hope you enjoyed them.

Phil, the sun over here is also playing hide and seek with us at times. :rolleyes:

First time for me seeing Clickair. :good:

Some real close up shots you have.

My favourite is the AA front shot. Nice reflection on the fuselage. :good:

Phil, any Virgin pictures to share with us?? <_< <_<

Nope but a B744 for all you Virgin lovers out there :rolleyes:

virgin.jpg

Wow... wonderful pictures there Phill, any longer sleeker Virgins to drool on? :drinks:

Wow... wonderful pictures there Phill, any longer sleeker Virgins to drool on? :drinks:

Ok due to popular demand here is one I quickly edited,enjoy peeps.... :drinks:

1140285.jpg

fuahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Long virgin NICE!!!!!!

I wanna go to LHR! Phil, how's spotting in Heathrow? is it spotter friendly? How many mm do we need for a decent picture.

My favourite is the AA front shot. Nice reflection on the fuselage. :good:

Yeah, I favor that too :)

And also how Qantas giving the Dugong 'a forehead kiss'.. :lol: cute comment!

Edited by Irni Mastura

wow we now have sq a380 coverage at london :clapping: , many thanks for the photos phil :good: , jumbo kissing super jumbo nice :good: , not to forget the long virgin :p

Edited by Louis L.

Phil,

Excellent shots !!! :drinks:

Can you direct me to this 27L photo-spot ? :pardon:

As you can see (by my siggy), I'll be visiting LHR on 31mar08 and 12may08 for some spotting...

Is this close to Hatton Cross Underground station ? :huh:

Phil, nice wide bodies from LHR! 1999 style Star Alliance is still flying!

Long time not trying 27L lining up. Looks like my spot is still OK :D

Any vip planes for sharing?

Hey guys, sorry for no reply, I have been away for a few days, sadly not spotting though, so here are a few replies in one. Here is a nice contrasty photo of a BA B757 for TK

gbpec.jpg

Pieter C this spot is quite close to Hatton Cross train station, you just walk out of the exit with the bus station in front of you and take a left along the main road and you will find the spot easily, if you like drop me a PM and maybe we can meet up?Only if the weather is nice though :rolleyes:

Walter Sim, yes heathrow is not too bad for being spotter friendly by UK standards as long as you don't do anything crazy!!! I use a 75-300 lens and this is fine.

I hope this is ok guys, by the way I am going to start a thread for LHR movements soon, like the AMS one so watch this space for hopefully some nice photos and nice movements............ :drinks:

Phil, nice stuff mate!

I think its about time BMI updated A320 G-MIDX...apart from the fact its faded to buggery, Varig is no longer a member, and the other week was the 6th anniversary of the MURDER of Ansett

Thanks mate. Sure, I think these A320 are going though, G-MIDU was ferried to SEN for re-spray into Spannair colours. Such a shame about Ansett R.I.P. :cray:

Air New Zealand and the Australian Transport minister at the time (his wife was on QF bird) certainly did no favours! They not only murdered Ansett, but they killed my life long dream (I was 14 at the time) to fly for Ansett as a career. And to think many thought Jetstar was an overnight idea, any coincidence between Lindsay Fox pulling out of the Ansett deal and Jetstar picking Avalon just a couple of years later??? Anyhoo, thats another story, not worth entering into...

Hi Guys, due to popular demand and the fact that I like showing my photos off :pardon: I have decided to do a kind of blogg for Heathrow movements that I have captured over the past six months that have been of interest to me and hopfuly you guys, this will be on-going so check back for up-dates. I have of course missed a lot of goodies and a lot have arrived or departed in bad weather so I didn't get them, anyways I hope you like the pics and if you want to see anything in particular let me know, enjoy and thanks for looking :drinks:

Owned by Flyglobespan and used regularly in this hybrid scheme for quite a long time. Taken 01/07/07.

gcefg.jpg

All Nippon started to use the T7 on the LHR route and have now re-placed the B744 completley on this route. Taken 01/07/07.

ja777a.jpg

Rare to get these in daylight and is caught in the last rays of sunshine lining up on 27R. Taken 01/07/07.

5ykqt.jpg

VFAB arriving on 27L. Taken 13/09/07.

gvfab.jpg

We usualy get the B737's so nice to get a B762. Taken 13/09/07.

eidbw.jpg

Hybrid schemes are always welcome.Taken 13/09/07.

sxbkc.jpg

Alitalia have a new colour scheme which are slowly appearing at LHR. Taken 13/09/07.

ibixv.jpg

Tarom also have a revised scheme. Taken 13/09/07.

yrlca.jpg

Icelandair have now re-fitted all their B757's with winglets, nice! Taken 13/09/07.

tffiv.jpg

Iberia don't often use their A319's into LHR so nice to catch this little one on finals for 09L. Taken 13/09/07.

ecjaz.jpg

PIA look fantastic with their different tails, this handsome strech T7 is caught on finals for 09L. Taken 13/09/07.

apbhw.jpg

Air Canada B762's are all but gone from LHR now so here is this beauty in the blue scheme. Taken 18/09/07.

cfvnm.jpg

Now some pics for the Virgin fans enjoy....... All taken 18/09/07.

gvbig.jpg

gvbug.jpg

gvair.jpg

Air Algerie operate daily. Nice winglet example. Taken 18/09/07.

7tvkb.jpg

Air Astana B752. Taken 18/09/07.

p4fas.jpg

Nice to get the smaller buses from Jordan on a Wednesday. Taken 18/09/07.

jyayh.jpg

Another Virgin. Taken 18/09/07

gvshy.jpg

I hope you enjoyed these more to follow............ :clapping: