MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ken K. Kour

Kuala Lumpur International Airport

As we all know, KLIA is not completely built right now.

I think plans are for a similar Satellite terminal right now, another 2 runways??

Does anyone have anymore Info? maybe the MH insiders (Radzi, TK, etc etc)

any help to shed some light on this would be great!! (looking for things like Charts, Blueprints, Artist Impressions... Anything?)

i realise this is in the wrong forum.... sad.gif

final plan calls for 3 more satellite buildings, a second MTB and 3 extra runways that can handle 100 million pax/year

I have written about this in AeroM before. Got the info from someone working with MAHB.

Overall, there will be FOUR satelite terminals in total. And two Main Terminal Buildings (MTB). The one supposedly "under construction" is the 2nd satelite terminal.

Now, you'd ask where would the 3rd and 4th satelite will be built? According to this acquaintance, the 3rd and 4th will be located on the opposite side of the current MTB. If you coming on the highway into KLIA, with current MTB on your right, there will be a 2nd MTB on your left (currently there are parking lots and other not-so-important structures that can be demolished when the time comes)

They never thought about the LCC terminal when they design the airport.

They never thought about the LCC terminal when they design the airport.

4408[/snapback]

Where's the exact point of the LCC terminal? And the entry will be from where? Is it towards the cargo area?

I have written about this in AeroM before. Got the info from someone working with MAHB.

Overall, there will be FOUR satelite terminals in total. And two Main Terminal Buildings (MTB). The one supposedly "under construction" is the 2nd satelite terminal.

Now, you'd ask where would the 3rd and 4th satelite will be built? According to this acquaintance, the 3rd and 4th will be located on the opposite side of the current MTB. If you coming on the highway into KLIA, with current MTB on your right, there will be a 2nd MTB on your left (currently there are parking lots and other not-so-important structures that can be demolished when the time comes)

4347[/snapback]

blink.gif wow... i knew of the second Sattelite Terminal as shown in Jouvarn's KLIA V2...

(hmm.. interesting.... if someone could get Jouvarn to do a KLIA v3 but with the comeplete Future Development biggrin.gif biggrin.gif)

also, Where would the runways go? is there no Artistic views or Plans (images) around?

The area opposite side of the current MTB now is mostly plantation lands. We surely can sacrifice our palm oil tree for more runaways smile.gif

Also note that there isn't any housing scheme within a few kilometer radius of KLIA, why? People would love to invest in properties near the airport, but there isn't none. The closest ones I can think of are @enstek, Bandar Baru Salak Tinggi, Kota Seriemas, Kota Perdana, etc. Since 1997, we only see palm oil plantations, why? I think because the area has been reserved for future expansion.

Say, it is MUCh easier to chop off trees than to demolish housing areas smile.gif

Also note that there isn't any housing scheme within a few kilometer radius of KLIA, why? People would love to invest in properties near the airport, but there isn't none.

It was the same the last time with SZB. Then Subang Jaya sprung up and within a few years the residents start complaining about overhead flying aircraft (never mind the airport was there first). huh.gif dry.gif

It was the same the last time with SZB. Then Subang Jaya sprung up and within a few years the residents start complaining about overhead flying aircraft (never mind the airport was there first).  huh.gif  dry.gif

4495[/snapback]

it is bcause 10km by 10 km areas has been reserve for KLIA developement and the airport operator plant palm oil trees instead of building better LCC terminal. smile.gif

Also note that there isn't any housing scheme within a few kilometer radius of KLIA, why? People would love to invest in properties near the airport, but there isn't none.

One of the reason is that it will destroy the concept of the airport "The airport within a forest and the forest within a airport".

The government has probably decided that there shall not be any housing nearby as it will stop the growth of the airport and more importantly the land is currently occupied.

It was the same the last time with SZB. Then Subang Jaya sprung up and within a few years the residents start complaining about overhead flying aircraft (never mind the airport was there first).  huh.gif  dry.gif

4495[/snapback]

Hehe..my house is situated UNDERNEATH the approach path (RWY 33)....I'm not complaining. However....when a jumbo comes in...damn...the sound can wake up the dead. blink.gif blink.gif

Hope this help

KLIA

interesting link,but...Between the airport and the capital city lies, Pudu Raya, the international information technology (IT) city designed as Malaysia's Silicon Valley. ....??i think it's called Cyberjaya tongue.gif

To me, regarding the "buffer zone" planted with palm oils, it is easier to take out those trees to build runaway rather than demolish the future existing housing schemes, if any.

Anyhow, we're OK, we're not Singapore, we have plenty of land smile.gif

Anyhow, we're OK, we're not Singapore, we have plenty of land smile.gif

5482[/snapback]

Agreed, but we'll still need proper planning and use land wisely.

PHASE 2 (2003 - 2008)

To handle 35 million passengers per annum by 2008.

Kiat.net didn't exactly say what to do to increase from current 25 million passengers to 35 million in 2008.

I suppose no new runaway is involved. Just a 2nd satelite building which will effectively add 10 million capacity.

Out of curiousity, will the 2ne satelite be completed by 2008 anyway? It's almost 2006 now and we really haven't heard much about the construction.

Guest Fendy

i doubt so, the current satellite itself is currently underutilised.

i also recall last time there was an advertisement of KLIA on tv, and said KLIA will have a lot of facilities including entertainment and even a theme park...

i guess its all talk...

On Friday's 25 Nov newspaper ( I believe it was the NST) the Works Minister commented that KLIA now looks like a supermarket... selling chocolates and beverages along the pedestrain way, thereby obstructing passengers' movement.

I notice that too, along the travelator leading to gates A & B domestic where there is this new 'Flying Emporium' selling perfumes, cosmetics etc. It has indeed choked the already narrow passageway next to the travelators. A sales personnel was actually pestering me to buy chocolates while I was moving on the travelator to my departure gate! The nerve of the person, just like the illegal taxi touts at KLIA. So 'cheap' to sell like that, I think!

On Friday's 25 Nov newspaper ( I believe it was the NST) the Works Minister commented that KLIA now looks like a supermarket... selling chocolates and beverages along the pedestrain way, thereby obstructing passengers' movement.

I notice that too, along the travelator leading to gates A & B domestic where there is this new 'Flying Emporium' selling perfumes, cosmetics etc. It has indeed choked the already narrow passageway next to the travelators. A sales personnel was actually pestering me to buy chocolates while I was moving on the travelator to my departure gate! The nerve of the person, just like the illegal taxi touts at KLIA. So 'cheap' to sell like that, I think!

17352[/snapback]

yup,happened to me too

and they seems to be selling the same stuff at the other stalls,especially at gate area A.

Plus the mouth of the 'T junction' getting crowded as well

Agreed. The same stuff are being peddled everywhere. And I suppose this will be duplicated when the LCC terminal is completed, and when new terminals are built in the future.

Sign in to follow this