MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
alberttky

Qatar Airways New Destinations

Bullshit one - the fare is before taxes. I checked the Oct fares and the return is RM 2,588!

Plus there is a long stopover of 19+ hours! No thanks!

Bullshit one - the fare is before taxes. I checked the Oct fares and the return is RM 2,588!

I checked from SIN 04OCT for 1 week and indeed it's SGD463.

Perhaps the promotional air fare is already sold out on your chosen dates because it says there that taxes, fees and surchages are all included.

I bought 2 tix this morning for RM1281 return, all-in. Outbound only 2.5hrs layover in DOH, on way back got 8hrs to kill (overnite). My final destinations in Norway are Tromso & Bergen. :)

I bought 2 tix this morning for RM1281 return, all-in. Outbound only 2.5hrs layover in DOH, on way back got 8hrs to kill (overnite). My final destinations in Norway are Tromso & Bergen. :)

Doc, nice one! :good:

Ticket from DOH-OSL return would be around QAR2000++

Edited by Fairul

Perhaps the promotional air fare is already sold out on your chosen dates because it says there that taxes, fees and surchages are all included.

Yes, I reselected the dates and it turned up a RM 1291 fare all in. But the connecting flight is still 19+ hours later... Anyway, its interesting to note that their launch fares are at 70% discount. Will look out for more of their new routes (esp to S America) in future!

Yes, I reselected the dates and it turned up a RM 1291 fare all in. But the connecting flight is still 19+ hours later... Anyway, its interesting to note that their launch fares are at 70% discount. Will look out for more of their new routes (esp to S America) in future!

It simply means to prefer you hang out in Qatar while waiting for the connecting flights.

Is DOH transit friendly? Anyway you will need to find a place to stay with such long transit time.

Looking forward to your trip report..that's for sure.. :D

Looking forward to your trip report..that's for sure.. :D

Thanks, if we catch the elusive Northern Lights, there'll surely be something written up, hehehe!

made some dummy bookings... it seems that the promo fare allow only carried on board luggage... means no free meal on board too?

Huh, a FSC charging customers for meals on board? That's a first, no?

For those who are on long transit in DOH, Fairul and Nuriman (both of whom are based in Doha and responded in this thread) would be more than glad to host you guys. Kan? LOL.

For those who are on long transit in DOH, Fairul and Nuriman (both of whom are based in Doha and responded in this thread) would be more than glad to host you guys. Kan? LOL.

hahaha, btw an ex-classmate, good friend, is a heart surgeon in doha now.

No lah, full service, with 23kg free check-in bags.

Oh I wasn't aware. Because I clicked on the fare and it mentioned carry on luggage 7 KG allowance.

IMG01393-20110930-1233.jpg

Took this today, QR's ad for its new service to Oslo, the other side of the block is the ad for service to Sofia (not on the pic)

Edited by Fairul

The air fare may be cheap but Oslo is such an expensive city :( But people can take this chance to go to other more affordable European cities through Oslo. It means one will have to buy another air ticket from Oslo to another European city but it will still be very cheap, definitely beats flying D7 directly to Europe :D

Sign in to follow this