MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Denny Yen

Asiana unveils special livery 767

These pics were captured from Chinese media. Asiana is making use of its TV dramas (popular in East Asia) to promote tourism to their country.

This 767 features the star of "Jewel in the Palace" TV series. Now I bet all pilots would want to be parked next to her at the gates.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Screenshot of the star...she certainly resembles Bridgitte Lin

IPB Image

They should have done this much earlier, when the show was in her first run.

Love the flying Ah moi :yahoo:

HahahahaHa.. Yeah It A Little Bit Late. :mellow:

:wub: she is so cute... SEA? BKI also locatd at SEA o,., haha,... :lol:

Why Sherman, you hoping to be able to catch the cutie ah Moi here at BKI kah ? Unfortunately, those OZ birds come and go under cover of darkness - very inconsiderate !! :D

Cool. It's a very good drama. It's fast becoming a trend for the Koreans to use the TV Series to promote their country now, very smart. Last time was Winter Sonata (i prefer Stairway To Heaven :)).

Cool. It's a very good drama. It's fast becoming a trend for the Koreans to use the TV Series to promote their country now, very smart. Last time was Winter Sonata (i prefer Stairway To Heaven :)).

Yeah yeah, it came all the way here too, watched GTO-Great Teacher ?????? and Full House(u guys know this one?)............very nice, luv the Ah Moi especially! :drinks: :clapping: :p

HahahahaHa.. Yeah It A Little Bit Late.

Do I miss a point here? :pardon:

GTO-Great Teacher ?????

GTO - Great Teacher Onizuka, is a Japanese drama.

Edited by S V Choong

Agreed with all that this drama is outdated for now although you can still watch the re-runs on cable TV here. There are 2 recent popular dramas: featuring Korean popstar RAIN as a bodyguard; the oher one is the Korean palace drama version of "Brokebeck Mountain."

On a side note, Korean dramas are bringing in >1 billion USD in direct and indirect revenue. There are some Japanese housewives that regard Winter Sonata's leading actor as god. They actually paid money to fly to each location where the star makes public appearance for promotion/meet the fan sessions.

News release item:

http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/SITE/data/htm...00605110051.asp

There was even an Asiana "Jewel in the Palace" tour (although outdated):

http://j3travel.com.sg/Tour/Tour_OZ_Korea%...6D4N%20311.htm#

Agreed with all that this drama is outdated for now although you can still watch the re-runs on cable TV here. There are 2 recent popular dramas: featuring Korean popstar RAIN as a bodyguard; the oher one is the Korean palace drama version of "Brokebeck Mountain."

On a side note, Korean dramas are bringing in >1 billion USD in direct and indirect revenue. There are some Japanese housewives that regard Winter Sonata's leading actor as god. They actually paid money to fly to each location where the star makes public appearance for promotion/meet the fan sessions.

News release item:

http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/SITE/data/htm...00605110051.asp

There was even an Asiana "Jewel in the Palace" tour (although outdated):

http://j3travel.com.sg/Tour/Tour_OZ_Korea%...6D4N%20311.htm#

Korean Palace drama version of Brokeback Mountain ?? :blink:

OOohh this is nice! A bit too late I'd say, I watched it last year, and that was also the 3rd re-run on astro i think! hehe...if i am not mistaken, those korean dishes have a lot of small sized appetisers / tapas like, so imagine all the extra cutlerys etc!

Am I the only one who thinks gray is a not-so-attractive color? Looks like a military plane

Hi, Denny.

Well, it will serve HKG as well?

So, far as I know, OZ flies B744M to HKG rather than B767.

I read different versions of the news release reported by different Korean english online news. Different wordings were used, for e.g. "China, Japan, Taiwan and other East Asia destinations"; "Japan, Taiwan and SE Asian cities". And from the TV drama's maker's news release, they say that this drama was popular in Japan, Taiwan and HK. So that's why Asiana decided to use this special plane for these places. I believe that so far, only 1 aircraft has been spotted with this livery, HL7514.

I believe that so far, only 1 aircraft has been spotted with this livery, HL7514.

Thanks, Denny,

Hope I will have the chance for this

However, I have got HL7423 with the football team member sticker already. :p :p :p

Yeah yeah, it came all the way here too, watched GTO-Great Teacher ??????

Yeah, i did. Watched it on TV3 every weekend at 6.00pm in year 2000. Long time ago ...... Hope i can go back to year 2000 :(

and Full House(u guys know this one?)............very nice, luv the Ah Moi especially! :drinks: :clapping: :p

Yeah, the lead actor is Rain. Got this drama on 8TV now. The lovely Ah Moi you're talking about is "宋慧乔", also starred in 'Autumn In My Heart'. This had happened in Malaysia before, about parents got the wrong baby ......

The lovely Ah Moi you're talking about is "宋慧乔"

Yup, she is nice and yummy.... :good : :give_rose: :

A bit chubbie though, but wouldn't mind that :)

Yup, she is nice and yummy.... :good : :give_rose: :

A bit chubbie though, but wouldn't mind that :)

Taiwanese media says: face = o.k., but legs = chubby, they look like Chinese white radish from the back.