MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Tamizi Hj Tamby

MH F50 Niner Mike-Mike Golf Zulu

Guys,

Now i'm in the state of curiosity,as did MAS operates F50 with rego 9M-MGZ?

I've checked through the A.net photo database and there's no picture of Golf Zulu in MH livery.This is the photo i've found on A.net:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0475783/M/

From the remark there,it was said:Ex-9M-MGZ.Even on Adrian's Signature also have the Golf Zulu pics.Anybody could tell me the exact story of Golf Zulu?

Could be a temporarily aircraft leased by MAS to cover for the one which crashed at Tawau in 1995. I think back then Pelangi was still operating and did not have a spare a/c.

It's actually a leased aircraft and painted with all white c/s with MH logos and title only. It stay at Malaysian soil less than 2 years until MAS bring over Pelangi F50 later with the half Pelangi, half MH c/s (Painted to full MH c/s months after that) to cover the departure of 9M-MGZ to Skyways. But It's hasn't been proven whether it is 9M-MGK since there are no written information about that. Currently it's flying with Skyways under rego SE-LEU.

Fokker 50. Acft. Reg, SE-LEU. Constr. #, 20115

SE-LEU Ex-reg 9M-MGZ / VH-FNJ / OE-LFW / VH-FNJ / PH-EXD

Edited by Adrian M

It's actually a leased aircraft and on the the white c/s. Currently it's flying with Skyways under rego Se-LEU.

I see...finally,the mystery is solved! Thanks a lot,Adrian!

I see...finally,the mystery is solved! Thanks a lot,Adrian!

^^ Glad to help out, Tamizi ^^. I have added a little more info above. And Google is an amazing tool to find Rego info. ;) Still I will forever miss these special temporary c/s. And has been fresh in my mind since 10 years ago.

Currently it's flying with Skyways under rego SE-LEU.

Not sure, but most probably saw her yesterday at Kobenhavn-Kastrup Lufthavn ;)

I see then,Adrian.Does the Golf Zulu means lots for you?

Hehe yeah. Although the c/s is very simple but somehow I love the impression of whites and purity on her. -MGZ made me run to the LBU airport fence when I heard F50 approaching. I was in Primary 5 and 6 back then LOL.

Not sure, but most probably saw her yesterday at Kobenhavn-Kastrup Lufthavn ;)

Haha I have been keeping close eyes on SE-LEU all over the a.net, fltlvl350.com and other hehe...

Hehe yeah. Although the c/s is very simple but somehow I love the impression of whites and purity on her. -MGZ made me run to the LBU airport fence when I heard F50 approaching. I was in Primary 5 and 6 back then LOL.

Haha I have been keeping close eyes on SE-LEU all over the a.net, fltlvl350.com and other hehe...

Ohh...i see.So sad that i've never get a chance to went onboard Golf Zulu. :(

Ohh...i see.So sad that i've never get a chance to went onboard Golf Zulu. :(

:lol: Me neither. My sister did when she fly from LBU-BWN enroute to PER for new semester at Curtin in early 1996. And another time in Dec 1996 from BWN-LBU when she come back from PER for summer break. The last time I saw 9M-MGZ is in 1997 at BKI when I'm walking down the stair of B734 at Gate 6 and -MGZ just starting to move out from the parking bay in front of me. Few weeks after that I never seen -MGZ anymore.

Hey guys was 9M-MGZ a replacement for the one which crashed at TWU in 1995?

Not sure coz there's no black and white written about it. But logically yes. Coz 9M-MGZ only appears weeks after the crash and 9M-MGK appears after 9M-MGZ left. So yes and sounds more sense. But would better to ask insiders that work for MAS more than 15 years about it. Captain that has been flying MH F50 for 12 years at least or the engineer. If they do remember and care about it.

To my knowledge MGZ was a replacement for the crashed MGH. Did saw it around BKI but can't remember much. Wasn't a spotter back then.