MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Tony

Sydney 12JUN06

Slept at 3am (serious, I was studying! <_ woke up minutes before boy oh blue sky alas src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_yahoo.gif" alt=":yahoo:"> After a whole week of dark clouds, rain, and cold gusts, it's time to put my little FZ5 to work. :D

I know I know...I should be studying, but instead spent most of the day wandering around my apartment, looking out for chio-bu's (Pieter: pretty girls :p ) as they fly past my window.

Opened my eyes, spotted the blue sky, and a QF 738 flew past my window. :o Quick! Grab the camera!

Ran straight out onto the balcony, and guess what I got? THIS.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

UA in new colour! B)

After which I decided to have lunch with a bunch of friends, and also make a trip to TAB to make a bet for World Cup 2006 (hope Japan wins Australia! :rofl: ).

Had a look at my watch - 2pm!! South African should be coming in any time! Ran all the way back to my apartment, and more "shooting" occurred.

The little Saab

IPB Image

Slightly bigger Dash8

IPB Image

Mix of 73's

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

And CityFlyer, QF's A332/333??

IPB Image

Last jet I captured for the day, 763

IPB Image

IPB Image

Apparently the South African landed on another runway. :sorry: They changed the arrival and departure pattern after 3pm, so no more flights down the rwy 25 path. :blink:

What a day...Now back to studies... :mellow:

Ah, love them all, UA new color looks pretty to me now, cuz I tot it's ugly when it first introduced :D

Great shots Tony, we just add a SYD spotter into MW list.........thanx :)

Just spot from balcony, that's a real fun to spot and save :good:

Keep more coming! :yahoo: ...and MH?

..............and study hard

Edited by Seth K

Ah, love them all, UA new color looks pretty to me now, cuz I tot it's ugly when it first introduced :D

Great shots Tony, we just add a SYD spotter into MW list.........thanx :)

Just spot from balcony, that's a real fun to spot and save :good:

Keep more coming! :yahoo: ...and MH?

..............and study hard

Thanks bro!

MH flights at SYD: twice daily. MH123 comes in at 8am, and MH141 around 8pm. At the moment, wind is favouring 16R, so I expect the MH Triple Seven to approach from the CBD. Which means no chance for me to get a shot of it. Either way, it's getting dark now. Once saw the Heliconia (MRD) approaching RWY25 when I was on my way to the airport - too dark, nothing much to see. <_>

I'm organising a spotting session in late July, hopefully I'll be able to catch the Hibiscus in action. ;)

Wow... nice catch... :good:

What make it nicer... from your own balcony :rofl:

Don't have to spend money on travels etc, etc...

I'm sure you're having a hard time to concentrate...

Anyway.. good luck :drinks:

Great Catch Tony!

Its good to be able to spot from your balcony. You live near the airport?

10km from Sydney KS airport, slightly off the approach path of RWY25 ;) :good:

Wow... nice catch... :good:

What make it nicer... from your own balcony :rofl:

Don't have to spend money on travels etc, etc...

I'm sure you're having a hard time to concentrate...

Anyway.. good luck :drinks:

Tough time concentrating, bang Norman! Made a bet for Japan to win tonight's match too! :yahoo:

waaa nice position u got there Tony! hopefully we can do spotting together someday soon! :drinks:

No probs bro, either when you come over to SYD or when I get back to KUL! :clapping:

wow.... how i wish my house have a balcony like yours :D good shots :good:

keep more coming !

Tony,

Could you do me a favor when you're spotting.Mind to take a shot of QF 'Yananyi Dreaming' or other QF a/c if you can.

Thanks in advance.

hey Tony..Nice shots of UA in new Colours..

Looking fwd for more..

Hmm Balcony spotting.Interesting.. :)

Tony,

Could you do me a favor when you're spotting.Mind to take a shot of QF 'Yananyi Dreaming' or other QF a/c if you can.

Thanks in advance.

No problem bro! Shall keep that in mind.. :)

***EDIT***

Was anticipating the heavies to come in via 25 this morning, but to no avail :( 34L in use accding to ATIS.

Edited by Tony

No problem bro! Shall keep that in mind.. :)

Thanks again,Tony.Nice UA 744.Love their new c/s.

Hi Tony, you have a very nice spotting place from your balcony.

It will be extra nice one day when you :drinks: and spot :yahoo:

Love the UA shots :good:

Show us more when your exam is over.

I am sure by now you know the Japan Vs Australia football results....... :mellow:

Wow.... the United colours look great...! Thanks for sharing those shots.

Next time I visit Sydney, we go spotting ok? :D.

I am sure by now you know the Japan Vs Australia football results....... :mellow:

Yes...JAP was real bad in that game, AUS did play well and they deserve the win - JAP players didn't even show the effort to regain status! :angry: Some said the weather's too hot for the nihongo's - :nea: excuse.

Well taken shots...and what a convenient spotting spot.

Indeed. Again I woke up early to prepare for my 9am exam and to see if SYD's using 25 for early arrivals, no luck --> 34L&R in use, parallel ops... <_>

B)-->

QUOTE(Kelvin B @ Jun 14 2006, 12:17 AM) 55575[/snapback]

Next time I visit Sydney, we go spotting ok? :D.

Sure :good: Who else wanna join? :p

Think you'll be around during January?

Wanna try out the DXB-BKK-SYD sector with the -ER. Or...DXB-SYD on the A345's...whatever's cheaper.. :p

Had a look at my watch - 2pm!! South African should be coming in any time! Ran all the way back to my apartment, and more "shooting" occurred.
SAA havent flown to SYD in years mate. Their only aussie port of call now is PER, however, that may change if gov't grants the rights of international carriers to fly PER-east coast. Which is very hot topic at the moment, would be good to SAA restart where they left off (FYI, for those wondering SA280/1 was JNB-PER-SYD rtn using 742/3's, now its PER only with A342's)

Only QF A332's have Cityflyer (Shityflyer as its known) sticker. All to be transferred to JQ by years end (can't wait!!)

Awesome pics.

Thanks Gibby.

Checked the schedule again and noticed that I overlooked something - SA codesharing with QF, coming in from Johannesburg! D'oh!

Also heard that the A332s have weaker floorboards, which is why QF is giving them over to JQ Intl as QF is unable to upgrade their A332 premium cabins without spending money to strengthen the floorboard.