MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ja Singh

qantas dumps dubai in favor of singpore fr LHR flights

QF already hub through SIN.. much easier for them to return to SIN than start KUL.

QF never wanted KUL, otherwise they'd fly here already.

To be fair Qantas did make a marriage proposal to MH,But MH was the shy girl who did even wanted to meet up for the first date.

Had they done that things my have been different today.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-set-to-decide-singapore-or-kuala-lumpur-for-qantasia-hub

Edited by Ja Singh

To be fair Qantas did make a marriage proposal to MH,But MH was the shy girl who did even wanted to meet up for the first date.

Had they done that things my have been different today.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-set-to-decide-singapore-or-kuala-lumpur-for-qantasia-hub

Doesn't change the fact that SIN is a much more lucrative destination for airlines, especially when Australia/NZ and Europe are involved.

I can't see Qantas putting their own metal into low-yield ultra competitive KUL. At best, maybe a Jetstar B787 service from Melbourne or Sydney or a narrowbody service from Perth.

Pretty impressive stuff for the SIN-London market. 4 daily A380 and 3 daily B77W flights to choose from to get to Heathrow and an upcoming B787 service to Gatwick.

I can't see Qantas putting their own metal into low-yield ultra competitive KUL. At best, maybe a Jetstar B787 service from Melbourne or Sydney or a narrowbody service from Perth.

Pretty impressive stuff for the SIN-London market. 4 daily A380 and 3 daily B77W flights to choose from to get to Heathrow and an upcoming B787 service to Gatwick.

the pax are all coming from Australia to London,Melbourne A330 pax transferred at sin onto the London bound A380 which originates from Sydney.So whether its kul or sin stop over it doesn't matter, Except that stopping over at kul is way way more cheaper as far as cost is concerned and now a days 5 star or 7 star cost is a factor and every penny counts.

There will never be a JQ flight from Australia to kul as JQ/3K is firmly planted at changi and it makes no commercial sense to fly directly to kul when there is already a frequency to Singapore from Melbourne and Perth.And then just a short jetstar asia flight to kul

Edited by Ja Singh

the pax are all coming from Australia to London,Melbourne A330 pax transferred at sin onto the London bound A380 which originates from Sydney.So whether its kul or sin stop over it doesn't matter, Except that stopping over at kul is way way more cheaper as far as cost is concerned and now a days 5 star or 7 star cost is a factor and every penny counts.

There will never be a JQ flight from Australia to kul as JQ/3K is firmly planted at changi and it makes no commercial sense to fly directly to kul when there is already a frequency to Singapore from Melbourne and Perth.And then just a short jetstar asia flight to kul

I wouldn't go as far as to say that "all" pax originate from Australia only. Passengers do after all "pay" for the flights to happen and remain viable, pretty sure the demand ex-SIN far surpasses that of ex-KUL; but then again, I could be wrong, just being another arm chair CEO here. :pardon:

SIN traffic is purely intl...premium market is still there... from business to leisure. UA is even willing to provide non stop flight from SFO is testament of how important Singapore is as regional base for many multinational companies, apart from the fact that both SQ and UA are *A carriers.

If 100% of the pax from Australia are going all the way to LHR (and vice versa), then why bother with SIN? Or KUL, for that matter? Surely there must be cheaper airports in the region.

I think that there is more to it than just cost.

Some costs are hidden - like what if an airport mishandles luggage and the airline has to compensate pax?

KLIA is not well known for being highly efficient and DXB might still be inferior to SIN even though it is up with the best. QF might just have found out that the business is not better off stopping in DXB compared to SIN and decided to return to SIN where it is able to have more control of its ops.

Whatever the reasons are, it is good to see the whalejet back at SIN! :clapping:

I prefer SIN over DXB for sure but I would love to see some of that kangaroo logo over in KUL sometime. What a shame they can't make KUL work even though they sponsored MH to join OW

SIN traffic is purely intl...premium market is still there... from business to leisure. UA is even willing to provide non stop flight from SFO is testament of how important Singapore is as regional base for many multinational companies, apart from the fact that both SQ and UA are *A carriers.

Well considering that both SQ and UA compete on the route, not sure if it matters to them that they are both *A

Sign in to follow this