MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mohd. Helmi

worst & most horrible inflight experience

I'd like to share my worst civil aviation experience

RBA flight to BNE, I got spat at.

(It was a red eye flight in Y, arrival at BNE 3:00am local time, tried to get some sleep, accidentally moved my knees above to perch on the seat infront, seat pitch is horrid on those 767's, and the seats backs were really soft. Angry European woman in the seat infront woke up, turned around to tell me to stop moving, when she turned around a wad of drool/spit flew on to my neck.

JAL flight to SYD, flight attendant spilled some HOT tea on my crotch!

(no turbulence, just a clumsy flight attendant, I suffered what I think is the most incredible pain a guy can feel)

It seems like my flights to Oz seem to have a curse...

I'm sure some of you are more well traveled than me, so I suspect you've had worse experiences. Please do share.

Oh.. Austrian left me stranded in VIE for 2 days and that was an after a 22hr flight from SYD back when they flew 0S1 via KUL.. but that's not an inflight experience, still horrible though since Austrian wouldn't put me up for the night this was after queuing up to to argue and rebook flights at the OS counter in VIE.

Edited by Mohd. Helmi

Here's mine

Air India JFK-LHR Nov 1995

- Not much of terrible experience, the long boarding and push back delay that's all. There's 2 hours boarding delay. After we strap into our seat, there's about 1.5 hour delay push back. In the end, the meal is good, that's ok for me.

America West Airline IAH-PHX Dec 2004 N902AW

- I got a connection flight from PHX to LAX and it should be my first experience on 737-200. The problem is that the 757 i took from IAH has 2 hours delay. It's a medium cost airline, so I don't want to comment about the inflight service. When I arrived at PHX, I missed my flight to LAX and they have to put me on the next one, which is an A319.

Malaysia Airline KUL-TPE-LAX January 2005 9M-MPO

- There's one hour departure delay. One passenger across the aisle is shouting because his seat is broken and cannot stand upright position. The flight attendance offer me some beer due to the delay. The worst part, one of the overhead compartment about 2 seat in front of me fall off. We have a crosswind landing in TPE.

BKK - KUL

was on a bumpy ride from bangkok heading back home. suddenly a lady beside me wasnt feeling well and wanted to vomit. as she couldnt find her paper bag at her side , once she turn over to my side and vomited all on my knee.

KUL - KBR

a flight stewardest was walking from front to back urgently.and she lost her balance and fall on me. her arm hit my chest hard. and it was soooooo painful.. i wanted to shoot her kao kao but cant because it was too painful to say something.

KUL - KBR

a flight stewardest was walking from front to back urgently.and she lost her balance and fall on me. her arm hit my chest hard. and it was soooooo painful.. i wanted to shoot her kao kao but cant because it was too painful to say something.

What airline?? :blink:

how come all the incident toward a same person is more less the same ho...

like azuddin, all the trouble is delay!! azuddin, make sure u tell us ur trip so we dont get into the same flight with u to avoid delay..hehe

hon kit? all attack his body, make sure u are alert for anything that approching u onboard

just kidding.. :D

Edited by Wilber Tan

wah Hon Kit, scary!!!

What did the crew do after that?

haha yeah!! she said.. sorry sorry sir.. and blardy walk off!!

What airline?? :blink:

MH!

hon kit? all attack his body, make sure u are alert for anything that approching u onboard

yeah.. so everytime i request for a window seat. and make sure the person are sitting beside me are alright..

Ryanair, July 2003 : Venice to London Stansted.

There was a report of a fire in Stansted so many flights were diverted to other London airports. We were diverted to Gatwick and were not allowed to leave the plane for at least 2 hours. This being Ryanair, we weren't even offered tap water, and all of the food supplies for sale onboard must have been sold off by then. I was really pissed that we weren't given the option of leaving the plane at Gatwick and how the crew ignored disgruntled passengers onboard while not knowing how many hours we would be stranded.

I know Ryanair can't be blamed for the fire incident at Stansted but I can't help putting the blame on this crappy airline. Viva Easyjet.

like azuddin, all the trouble is delay!! azuddin, make sure u tell us ur trip so we dont get into the same flight with u to avoid delay..hehe

I must be the black cat. Well, that delay is only 3 out of 34 flights I've been on. And out of that 34, 8 of them is a free upgrade to much earlier flight :good: and 2 of them is a free upgrade to First class.

10 good luck over 3 bad luck :pardon:

Edited by Azuddin

I must be the black cat. Well, that delay is only 3 out of 34 flights I've been on. And out of that 34, 8 of them is a free upgrade to much earlier flight :good: and 2 of them is a free upgrade to First class.

10 good luck over 3 bad luck :pardon:

using frequent flyer program like enrich upgrade?

Ryanair, July 2003 : Venice to London Stansted.

the only reason I fly with ryanair all this while is their cheap fares... and luckily enough i have never encountered such incidents... i know i have been very lucky indeed.

well, i don't fly that often... but the worst flight that i can think of is the one i took back circa august 2004, MH KUL-LHR. a few hours (approx 2-3 hrs) into the flight, the IFE stopped working... IIRC the only thing that worked was the map and the flight info... so 10 hours without IFE, can you imagine? it was just dreadful...

even worse, it was a day flight; 12 noon departure, so many people could not sleep... people were clearly agitated... people walked around aimlessly... munched non stop(well...until they ran out of peanuts and snacks)... talked to neighbours(even though i don't usually do that).... looked out the window daydreaming etc etc... people just had to do something to keep them occupied...

a large group of brits in the vicinity of my seat were drinking heavily, i could tell that they were getting pretty drunk, talking, laughing and even singing really loudly.. so there was a party-like atmosphere which for most of us, a real annoyance. i had to literally request one of the male FAs to ask them to keep their volume down... and jokingly asked him to stop supplying them with beer... he did try but with little succes...

the FAs were very apologetic though...pity them... they must had been working under a lot of pressure having to deal with us moaning passengers....

Edited by zaki

... drinking heavily, i could tell that they were getting pretty drunk...so there was a party-like atmosphere

Sounds like me every time I fly! :p

My worst flight experience was actually self-inflicted. I'd been drinking pretty heavily in the QF lounge in SYD with some friends, got onboard a BA flight to SIN and drank some more. Can't blame me they were serving a lovely Malbec. :p Beer first, then champagne/wine - never a good idea. Anyhoo I ended up puking my guts out in the toilet shortly after I'd finished my meal. Passed out in my seat. Woke up a few hours later with an inflight hangover.

OUCH! :blink:

Thankfully I was stopping in SIN for 2 days before continuing to LHR... We then eased our hangovers by drinking some more with the crew at Insomnia. :D

Edited by Keith T

using frequent flyer program like enrich upgrade?

Nope. Every time I take a flight, I always be at the airport at least 3 or 4 hours early, and up to 6 or 7 hours early if International. I like to check in early so I can browse through or shop at the airport. I mostly done this at KLIA, LAX, IAH, ZHR and some other.

In some case, when I'm check in early, the airline ask me if I want to go on earlier flight since there are more empty seat. When I get on board, there's only like 15 passenger. Got this a few times with MH and also a few time on CO and once on AF.

in the Air France case which I got free upgrade to First Class, I was going to fly from CDG to ZHR. Flight is the only option for me to get out of Paris since there's a riot going on. My family was the earliest to get on board the A320. After my family and I got inside, there's another 2 passenger get on board and right after that they close the door. There's only 8 passenger on board. My family got upgraded to First Class for no charge since the FC is empty.

Azuddin

Malaysia Airlines B777 - my feel bad experience created by myself, and i do feel bad to others. my flight from KUL to PER. 1hr before land i felt weird in my stomach, then i went to vacum toilet to meditate with my passionate blast. other word i name it Nature Call. seems like my package are too much. i ended up blocking the vacum toilet. i kept trying to get rid of it. but i covered it with toilet paper. so, what makes me feel bad is, next person after me went in there without knowing who's before him. i know this, because my seat not far from the toilet. no matter what happen he cant go out till he sort my blocking toilet because passengers made quite a long queue. ofcourse he dont want ppl to think that's his fault blocking the toilet. i can get away because no one Queueing after me. he stuck in there till we landed and till we parked at the gate. . i still remember this when i took my bag to leave the plane, i passed by the toilet, couples of cabin crew struggled to open the door and knocking it, trying to help him out just incase anything bad happen. if im in that guy position, i will be really embaressed once the door open with some of the air stewardess looking at the toilet bowl. she probably think, aaa no wonder. and i was imagining how the hell he stayed in there while landing.???? plus my package really stinks! rotten smell.. lol feel bad till now thou.. sorry..

Last year I managed to fly onboard PK's B747-200Combi AP-BAT from BKK-HKG. My first impression of the aircraft upon boarding was that it was infested with flies. Flies were buzzing around my seat as soon as I sat down. Later on during the flight I walked towards the rear galley and saw that flies were flying around the galley carts left outside the galley at the emergency exit.

Also the lav was uncleaned and the toilet clogged. The toilet bowl even shook when i kicked it by accident. Later on I discovered that the plastic mount on which the toiletbowl was on had dislodged from the wall. All in all although I was glad to have caught a flight on a 747-200Combi in this day and age I was less them impressed by the state the cabin was in.

Was travelling on MH a few years back. Think it was a 734 KCH-SIN. Wasn't feeling to well so I got given a bulk head seat in Y. During boarding, stewardess insisted I move behind as she said there were some oldies who needed to be seated infront due to lack of mobility, fine with me and I moved. Turned out later that the "oldies" were non rev mas staff and friends of the cabin crew. Thumbs down to MH. Never flew MH since. SQ's worth the money.

Experience flight from Bangkok to Hongkong. Inside the plane was like pasar malam. It was so noisy, passengers were so energetic from take-off till touch down. Walking up and down on the aisle. Lavatory was always occupied(i think passengers were collecting some souvenirs from there).

Malaysia Airlines B777 - my feel bad experience created by myself, and i do feel bad to others. my flight from KUL to PER. 1hr before land i felt weird in my stomach, then i went to vacum toilet to meditate with my passionate blast. other word i name it Nature Call. seems like my package are too much. i ended up blocking the vacum toilet. i kept trying to get rid of it. but i covered it with toilet paper. so, what makes me feel bad is, next person after me went in there without knowing who's before him. i know this, because my seat not far from the toilet. no matter what happen he cant go out till he sort my blocking toilet because passengers made quite a long queue. ofcourse he dont want ppl to think that's his fault blocking the toilet. i can get away because no one Queueing after me. he stuck in there till we landed and till we parked at the gate. . i still remember this when i took my bag to leave the plane, i passed by the toilet, couples of cabin crew struggled to open the door and knocking it, trying to help him out just incase anything bad happen. if im in that guy position, i will be really embaressed once the door open with some of the air stewardess looking at the toilet bowl. she probably think, aaa no wonder. and i was imagining how the hell he stayed in there while landing.???? plus my package really stinks! rotten smell.. lol feel bad till now thou.. sorry..

:D lavatory drama again . talking about this kind of drama , i remembered once when i were also caught in this kind of lavatory drama :p , but mine of course different story plot .

Last year when i was onboard ak a320 KUL-BKI , the flight was full with military personnel and Sabah Taekwando club member , ok , it was noisy , but i was still OK . Now the lavatory drama begins . Felt like wanted to do some small business , so i made my way to the lavatory( at that point of time , i got other intention , which is to glance more on the hot ak FSS :p ) .

Saw the green light indication that the lavatory is empty , so i take a glance at the FSS and then proceed to the lavatory door . PUSH the door open and :shok: , OMG there is a girl inside !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the girl shouted a bit and of course i was in shocked and i remembered the word "s#1t" came out from my mouth ( sorry for the bad word) . OOOOOOOO NOOOOOO , what to do ???? so i consulted the FSS and guess what she replied me ??? ....she replied " BIASA LAH" ( happens always ) ...... i was speechless

Felt kinda intimidated by the girl since she is a member of the Taekwando Club :D , how i know when i reach T2 BKI , she will gather some of her member to whack me :p .......

but anyway , thinking back of this drama makes me want to laugh , but of course , i felt sorry for the girl , i have to intention what so ever to do so ..... the indicator indeed was GREEN

My first post and I talk about bad experiences.

Melbourne-Adelaide last year. I was in a 'race' with a friend. He was flying Virgin, I was on Qantas. My flight was scheduled to fly at 6pm, his at 7pm, so I had an unfair advantage. But...our dear flight was delayed for an hour. A full complete hour, and this was one of those executive-packed flights. Complaints among others, but I was more concerned that I would lose my bet. In the end, my flight flew first, followed by my friend's. Still beat him by 10 minutes.

KL-Kuching. This was my fault. My flight said 1010. I thought it was 1010 in the evening. By the time I checked in at KL Sentral, they told me my flight left. Flight was 1010 in the morning, not in the evening. Was lucky to get a seat on the last flight, begged MAS to give me a seat, GCC or Y didn't care, peak season on Christmas Eve of all days. Weird thing though: got the last Y seat, but they upgraded me to GCC on the plane.

London-Singapore. Turbulence during dinner time. Spilled red wine on my favourite white shirt.

Auckland-KL. Thumb got caught in the strap of my bag as I placed it on the baggage thingy during check-in. Dislocated my thumb. Staff at Auckland Airport were clueless, not really much of a medical team on site so I had to endure the crazy pain for 1 hour waiting for an ice pack but MAS crew were very accommodating, seeing I was 'disabled.' While I felt searing pain throughout the flight, all the alcohol they gave numbed me for the 10 hour flight.

Apart from that, nothing bad.

KL-Kuching. This was my fault. My flight said 1010. I thought it was 1010 in the evening.

Something similar happened to a friend of mine, and it was partially my fault for not noticing the error. He was booked on FJ MEL-NAN-LAX. The flight out of MEL was one of those past midnight departures. Anyway his departure was something like 0050 Saturday. So we turned up at 10pm on Saturday night thinking we were in good time. We couldn't find FJ's check in desks and the flight wasn't on the departures' board. We then found out from the Qantas ticket desk that the plane had left almost 24 hours prior. My friend was a US exchange student and his visa was due to expire the next day. The problem was FJ didn't fly out of MEL daily and the next flight was in 2 days.

Kudos though to the very nice Qantas ticket desk staff member who went beyond his call of duty and sorted it all out for my friend with both immigration and FJ. So he ended up extending his stay in Australia by 2 days but it was scary when we first found out that he'd missed his flight.

Edited by Keith T

Sign in to follow this