MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Imran K.

Sunday Surprises!

Hey guys.

Decided to go spotting today with Chaity....and we managed to see quite a few beauties as well as find a new spot for 32R Arrivals! All will be explained soon!

The weather... :nea: Cloudy...sunny...cloudy..sunny...cloudy..rainy..sunny...damn...wasnt exactly the best day, weatherwise, maybe tomorrow will be better! :good:

Here are a few shots taken with my FZ30. "Sports Mode"..

9M-AAX coming into 32R with huge CB's over her :o

IPB Image

Pshhhhhhh.......brekkkkk......9M-MMJ slamming into 32R...woahh..what a landing! At this point...Mr. Sun was getting abit more visible...

IPB Image

Jeng jeng jeng :yahoo:

Indian Airlines...in their new colour scheme! VT-ESL gracing 32R.After years of spotting..I finally got the beacon. :yahoo:

IPB Image

Then...she taxied out...and backtracked towards the Satellite terminal...where she stopped..right infront of Chaity and I. What else to do la...*click click click click click*

IPB Image

Then...she moved on...and taxied into the bay.

IPB Image

More to come soon! Thanks for viewing! :D

Long time no see 32R approach pics on Malaysianwings... :D

Nice one Imran...

Thanks for the MH's 734... :)

nice one Imran, was at the airport today to meet LeeCH to pick up my stuffs. You manage to get him? His SQ touched down at 9.28am IIRC.

new spot huh? waiting for more photos now :)

Excellent shots from O** H***, bro, especially the touchdown shot of double-bogey IC in new-colour AND beacon; these colours are, definitely, better than the old one :good:

Looking forward to more shots :drinks:

Imran, you are fast as I have just settled down from today's spotting session.

I won't post my photos so soon as I will be away to Penang tomorrow and back only on Thursday.

Ouch! How I hate packing, I need to do it now ! :( :(

Kevin Teh, the SQ coming in at that time should be 9V-SVA.

Both myself and Imran should have the shots. :good:

Express 6155, Surface wind calm, cleared to land, runway 32R.....

IPB Image\

That's one heavy momma....

IPB Image

The regular workhorses zooming back to base...

IPB Image

IPB Image

LeeCH...dedicated to you. Now where's my Liyari?! :rofl:

IPB Image

More to come tomorrow. Do feel free to comment.

Excellent shots there Imran.. :good: :good:

Looking fwd for More..

Really like the Approach shots and Touchdown one's too..

Thanks for all your comments!

Leica Lens...one of the best in the business IMHO. Sharp, Clear...though in low light situations..some vignetting may occur. Vignetting is magnified by my skylight filter...so during low light situations..i take a risk...and remove the skylight filter... :blink: :blink:

The new spot....all will be revealed in due time. :ph34r:

Anyways...here are a few more shots!

Hmm..Bird Nest Beverage...sounds yummy! Right main gear touches the runway first...a little windy.

IPB Image

Glory Glory Man. Utd. Though Arsenal will beat you anyday... :good: :drinks: :rofl: :yahoo:

IPB Image

Cleared to land, 32R. Asian Express 6711...Niner Mike, Alpha Foxtrot Hotel...

IPB Image

Now...i think these are the best shots I've taken of Royal Brunei aircraft...

IPB Image

IPB Image

Thanks for viewing! Enjoy your day 8)

Imran, whats the difference between the Brunei and AK 320, and the Indian Airlines A320? The main landing gear looks different. Different model?

Nice Pics Imran.. New Spot~???O** H***~???

Perghhh... Can feel lot of heat from your pics... Congrat on your beacon shot.

chaity i am waiting for you version... More more more~!!! :D

Imran, whats the difference between the Brunei and AK 320, and the Indian Airlines A320? The main landing gear looks different. Different model?

IIRC, indian airline is the only operator operating A320 with double bogey....

Different Model...yeah. The main difference between the Indian A320 and the other 2 A320's are the main bogeys. As you can see very clearly, the Indian A320 has a double main bogey (i.e 4 tyres on each side) whilst the other 2 A320's only have a single main bogey (i.e 2 tyres on each side).

This enables the Indian A320 to...practically...carry heavier loads as it is rated to do so.

On a lesser note, the Royal Brunei uses IAE V2500 engines, the Indian A320 uses CFM56-5A engines and the Air Asia A320 uses CFM56-5B engines.

Imran and Chaity,

Thanks for the SVA. Yes, indeed I was on that plane for my short stay back in KL now. The ride was uneventful by all means but the landing shot was priceless. I was seated at 53K peering out for some spoters at O** H*** but i saw no one. You guys shotting from inside the bushes ah?

Could have joined you guys if I had known. Rest assured that I am planning to be back again one of these days arriving and leaving back to Singapore and spent one full day just for spotting in KLIA.

More please.......

Oh, Imran, Liyari Briyani?

Inside my stomach. All processed into sh** already. Flushed and turn into NeWater by Singapore government. Next time OK?

Edited by LeeCH

On a lesser note, the Royal Brunei uses IAE V2500 engines, the Indian A320 uses CFM56-5A engines and the Air Asia A320 uses CFM56-5B engines.

It looks to me, IC also's using IAE engines; correct me if I'm wrong :nea:

Nice Stormtrooper blaster gun you have there Imran.. Love your Leica shots... So where is the new spot zone?? MAB patrol free area??? :lol: