Icon Important Announcement!

New registrations require administration validation. This may delay registration approvals.

Photo

Penang (WMKP/PEN) 2017

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 Vicknesh PS

Vicknesh PS
  • Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 10:30 AM

Saw PK-XRA from Mumbai rwy 33 had to do a go around.

#42 dennisqt

dennisqt
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:12 PM

Hi all, I'm new member here!  :lol: 
Please do allow me to briefly introduce myself.  :P
I'm from Sabah and currently working at Penang.
I purchased one brand new DSRL camera and started spotting at WMKP around March 2017.
I have came across this amazing website and wanted to contribute my spotting photos to all plane spotters here.

I will start with this special guest all the way from WMKK I think...
Touched down at WMKP around 10:03 am.
This was my first time to catch this metal bird ;)
I was excited of her arrival to WMKP.  
Airlines : FlyGlobal
She was taxying slowly toward Terminal after touching down.
Then, she requested take off again...she did not park at Terminal.
Quickly line up RWY04 for immediate take off.

I was spotting at the 'boxy containers' area there so I can't really see her clearly since there were some tall grasses and tree branches blocked my view. I heard her roaring take off engine sounds and guess what? She was rotate so quick! The rotation area roughly around in front of airport Terminal I think.

Without any delay, I grabbed my DSLR and aimed at her.
Managed to get some shots before she continue to climb out of WMKP.

Okay, I stop here... :yahoo: let's see what I managed to get:-
Please visit to my Flickr account for more photos: https://flic.kr/s/aHsm79piV3

Pardon me because I am still learning on how to attach photo here.
I tried to click on 'Image' icon and place my photo link but somehow it seem like cannot display out... :unsure:
That's all for now!  :good:
Hope you all enjoy reading  :acute:

Edited by dennisqt, 01 September 2017 - 11:14 PM.

#43 SS Lee

SS Lee
  • Silver Member
  • 361 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:37 AM

Hey there Dennis, welcome. Great to see a fellow spotter at Penang as well.

It is not everyday that you get to see a 777 doing runs like these. Good catch.

To display photos, go to the individual photo at Flickr. Towards the bottom right of the blackened area, there is a curved arrow that points outwards to the right. Click on it.

I usually go under the "BBCode" tab and select the size that I want (800x534 for me). Copy the link and just paste it here in the text box. You can preview your post and the images will be displayed.

Happy spotting.

#44 dennisqt

dennisqt
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:02 PM

Hi SS Lee, thanks ! I am able to get the BBCode and noticed the 9M-FBG just airborne from WMKK minutes ago.

Hopefully she will land at WMKP again later.  :lol: 

#45 dennisqt

dennisqt
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 07:45 PM

I'm here again for sharing some interesting spotting aircraft that I taken yesterday:-

1. Layang-Layang Aerospace - 9M-BBC - Bell 206L-3 LongRanger III

36997764455_5159d0d987_c.jpg

2. 9M-PMC - AgustaWestland AW139 - Royal Malaysian Police Air Operation Force (PDRM)
36189099993_af01e35b41_c.jpg

3. 9M-LMZ - ATR 72-600 - Malindo Air
36997810565_c9492efc24_c.jpg

4. B-18659 (Explore Taichung) - Boeing 737-8SH - Mandarin Airlines
36161886704_64a46e43b1_c.jpg

I was waiting for this special moment long time ago. She was here around March/April 2017 but I didn't manage to spot her. She rarely come to Penang which makes her even interesting for me! 

That's all for now  :drinks: cheers! 

#46 Vicknesh PS

Vicknesh PS
  • Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:13 PM

Thanks Dennis. Planning a trip to Penang soon, hope the weather holds out.

#47 SS Lee

SS Lee
  • Silver Member
  • 361 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:02 AM

Nice one Dennis. 9M-BBC has been operating in and around Penang for about a month now. And you are really lucky with the Mandarin 738. Nice weather, nice livery. Been raining on and off these few days.

#48 dennisqt

dennisqt
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:44 PM

Thanks Dennis. Planning a trip to Penang soon, hope the weather holds out.

Hi Vicknesh PS, hope you will have a enjoyable Penang trip soon!  :)

Nice one Dennis. 9M-BBC has been operating in and around Penang for about a month now. And you are really lucky with the Mandarin 738. Nice weather, nice livery. Been raining on and off these few days.

Oh really? SS Lee, any idea why 9M-BBC is here? That day the helicopter departed out to Penang, George Town area then back to apron again within 10 minutes or so. I know there was helicopter sightseeing tour operated by Cempaka Helicopter sdn. bhd at Batu Feringgi on 31st August to 3rd September 2017 (next to Bayview Beach). Not sure if these 2 events somewhere inter-related?

And yes, I was excited able to spot the 
Mandarin 738. Nice livery indeed.  :drinks: 

#49 SS Lee

SS Lee
  • Silver Member
  • 361 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:49 PM

Not too sure as to why it was there. Could be for the event you mentioned. I know it is not a common visitor to Penang.

#50 Raymund Yeoh

Raymund Yeoh
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 12:50 PM

Hi Vicknesh PS, hope you will have a enjoyable Penang trip soon!  :)

Oh really? SS Lee, any idea why 9M-BBC is here? That day the helicopter departed out to Penang, George Town area then back to apron again within 10 minutes or so. I know there was helicopter sightseeing tour operated by Cempaka Helicopter sdn. bhd at Batu Feringgi on 31st August to 3rd September 2017 (next to Bayview Beach). Not sure if these 2 events somewhere inter-related?

And yes, I was excited able to spot the 
Mandarin 738. Nice livery indeed.  :drinks: 

That explains why the noisy sounds of choppers around Tg Bungah area during that time

#51 dennisqt

dennisqt
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:19 PM

That explains why the noisy sounds of choppers around Tg Bungah area during that time

Affirmative, Yeoh. They were flying around Batu Feringgi area, Tg Bungah area and most probably, near to George Town as well.

#52 dennisqt

dennisqt
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 04:57 PM

She was here yesterday but didn't manage to spot her. If I'm not mistaken, this livery is brand new and just rolled out not long ago...probably few days or within one or two weeks. 

She arrived at WMKP this morning around 7:38 AM. And departed to Medan (KNO) as flight QZ103 at 8:19 AM. Presenting PK-AXV wearing new livery - Wonderful Indonesia livery.

36925244606_66b4568511_c.jpg

#53 SS Lee

SS Lee
  • Silver Member
  • 361 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:32 PM

They really had to find a place to put that registration eh with all the designs.

On a separate note, saw on FR24 an aircraft named A342 departed Penang and looks like it was headed towards Sarawak / Sabah area. Sultan of Brunei in town?

#54 Mushrif A

Mushrif A
  • Platinum Member
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:11 PM

They really had to find a place to put that registration eh with all the designs.

On a separate note, saw on FR24 an aircraft named A342 departed Penang and looks like it was headed towards Sarawak / Sabah area. Sultan of Brunei in town?

The crown prince was returning from attending the funeral of the late Sultan kedah.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users