MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
SS Lee

Penang (WMKP/PEN) 2017

Lucky Air started flying to PEN on 20 December 2016, twice weekly service.

Wow....where is the likes of Eva, Korean Air, Asiana etc....they have cargo heavies coming in regularly but nadda on the passenger heavies..

Wow....where is the likes of Eva, Korean Air, Asiana etc....they have cargo heavies coming in regularly but nadda on the passenger heavies..

I remember taking MAS' 744 and Korean 330 into Penang many years back. I would think that they have the load factors for Penang. Nowadays, a lot of traffic is routed to KL first before going anywhere.

I remember taking MAS' 744 and Korean 330 into Penang many years back. I would think that they have the load factors for Penang. Nowadays, a lot of traffic is routed to KL first before going anywhere.

I remember taking KE from PEN-ICN route back in 2004 or 2005..........Dunno why after that they stopped.

BR also used to have PEN-SIN back in the late 1990s or early 2000s. I remember taking them in their A300s...Can't remember where they originate from.

Also GA used to have PEN-KMO but also stopped.....

I remember taking KE from PEN-ICN route back in 2004 or 2005..........Dunno why after that they stopped.

BR also used to have PEN-SIN back in the late 1990s or early 2000s. I remember taking them in their A300s...Can't remember where they originate from.

Also GA used to have PEN-KMO but also stopped.....

BR used to fly SIN-PEN using their 767.

BR used to fly SIN-PEN using their 767.

Xiamen used to fly that route with 737 also.

Edited by alberttky

Count yourselves lucky in PEN to have SOME foreign airlines. We in KCH are struggling to keep any foreign airlines going for more than 12 months. HX started HKG-KCH in May last year and now will fold up in Feb 2017! So pathetic for us! Our count of foreign airlines - a grant total of 3! Going to 2 after Feb! Haiz...... :lazy: :lazy:

Count yourselves lucky in PEN to have SOME foreign airlines. We in KCH are struggling to keep any foreign airlines going for more than 12 months. HX started HKG-KCH in May last year and now will fold up in Feb 2017! So pathetic for us! Our count of foreign airlines - a grant total of 3! Going to 2 after Feb! Haiz...... :lazy: :lazy:

KCH is way better than MKZ ...... :lazy: :lazy: .....After the OD flight....n that Indon Airline which I forgot the name....that's all for the day.....Unless it has changed now.

KCH is way better than MKZ ...... :lazy: :lazy: .....After the OD flight....n that Indon Airline which I forgot the name....that's all for the day.....Unless it has changed now.

I thought MKZ has the CZ flight from CAN launched recently? The Indonesian airline is probably XN - Xpress Air. They operate the PNK-KCH flight; MKZ and KCH are the only 2 international destinations for the airline.

They do have some flights, but there are really low in frequency.

Remembered trying to book a return flight on Malindo to MKZ. Could only get a flight going there, but cannot get one back.

They do have some flights, but there are really low in frequency.

Remembered trying to book a return flight on Malindo to MKZ. Could only get a flight going there, but cannot get one back.

OD to MKZ on certain days...Need to check...I always use OD when going to MKZ...but have to adjust my plans to their flight time

OD to MKZ on certain days...Need to check...I always use OD when going to MKZ...but have to adjust my plans to their flight time

Might try it sometime in the future. See how it is there. Been quite a while since I was there.

Here's some activity on Sunday afternoon.

First was a light one, heading south.

32898223015_7fce52aab6_c.jpg

Cessna 182 (9M-ASH)

I've always found the shorter A320 variants (319s and 318s) to be cute with those wings and engines on a shorter fuselage.

32774586091_b79354541b_c.jpg

Silkair A319-133 (9V-SBH)

And my catch of the day. Dragonair's A321 operating flight KA634.

32857708396_f242703dc5_c.jpg

32857700156_715a4c2f16_c.jpg

Dragonair A321-231 (B-HTE)

SSLee

They do on the main flights such as the incoming evening flight and outgoing morning flight. But I've seen them sending the baby busses on Sunday afternoons.