MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sneeze Lam

[VHHH] Episode of Other Asia Operators

got a question...

1) what camera?

2) what lens?

3) how far you zoomed to get a Jumbo?

Nice collection you have from HKG...keep it up. :)

got a question...

1) what camera?

2) what lens?

3) how far you zoomed to get a Jumbo?

Nice collection you have from HKG...keep it up. :)

Thanks TK.

1. EOS10D, so I am at the Whiteside, kakaka

2. 70-200 2.8/L + 2x

3. fully zoom of the lens is required. As exampl below

IPB Image

Edited by Sneeze Lam

Sneeze:

You asked in another post about grainny...I noticed the problem in my pics too. This is my theory...I think its because of air quality. Did you hear about weather forecast lately. Since last week, Taiwanese cable news' weather services reported about dust strom has started in China. The dust particles are being carried from China towards eastward.

This could cause the hazy skies and particles in the air under hazy skies dispersed the light. Hence, the "grainny" apperance.

Sneeze:

You asked in another post about grainny...I noticed the problem in my pics too. This is my theory...I think its because of air quality. Did you hear about weather forecast lately. Since last week, Taiwanese cable news' weather services reported about dust strom has started in China. The dust particles are being carried from China towards eastward.

This could cause the hazy skies and particles in the air under hazy skies dispersed the light. Hence, the "grainny" apperance.

Yes, But the question is, some people they are really professional that can even soften the grainny sky,

so I would really want to know if there any methods.

Abot the grainny sky, the case in HK is mostly related to the industrial activities in China and also the electrial company of HK. The release of carbon's those chemicals and also the Ozone make the sky always hazy.

If anyone of you are planing to HongKong, really, you have to see how lucky you are, for your shots here.

Found this Canon link about noise elements:

http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/enjoydslr/p_2_011.html

Well, Denny, thank you for your information.

For my shots, I use mainly with the ISO 200 for my shots,

except extra sunny days.

All of us know that, those D-SLR is having nice quality for such low ISO speeds, i.e. ISO50-200.

But I really not know how to solve the problem in a "software" way rather than the "hardware".

Edited by Sneeze Lam

Sneeze,

Were you able to catch the inaugural QR812 from DOH today ? Was she (330) a special coloured one ?

Sneeze,

Were you able to catch the inaugural QR812 from DOH today ? Was she (330) a special coloured one ?

Due to the bas weather (dark sky with predicted rainy day) with my 24hrs sleepless

I haven't been to the HKIA.

However, my friend who worked in the HKIA told me that the QR flt today is provided by the special coloured (Orange/red) a/c. And I think it is an A333, cause from A.Net most A333 are painted in that livery and so do A332 with the livery of blue.

The aircraft is parked at the Gate/Bay E1.

If I am able to get some links about this news, I will post it up later.

Read about this software "Neat Image" - a noise-reduction plug-in for Adobe users.

http://www.neatimage.com/overview.html#noi...tion-algorithms

See comparison, before and after differences:

http://www.neatimage.com/examples.html

Thanks Denny for your kindly help.

however, the aircraft really looks better than before, but not the background.

The background made me shocked.

Before:

IPB Image

After:

IPB Image

Thanks Denny for your kindly help.

however, the aircraft really looks better than before, but not the background.

The background made me shocked.

Yeah...background can be improved. Lighting on aircraft looks more natural in AFTER pic.

Let me check a Digital Photography guidebook tonight...there is a technique called layering/masking or graussian blur function in Adobe Elements that may rescue background noise.

Sneeze:

Found this one from my guidebook about noise reduction using layering technique. Click this to see larger pic of step by step:

IPB Image

Thanks Denny

Maybe I will try this tomorrow, cause I am sleepy now and going to bed soon.

See if it is able to do so with my PhotoShop 7.0

I thought that Canon has Less noise problems..

On the Nikon D70...my god, at times...it is too much especially on dark areas near an aircraft belly.

Note when to use NeatImage....do it before any editing.

By the way...NeatImage had some Data info for certain camera ISO settings so it will automatically set the proper correction.

So please be careful not to over do with the neatimage, you might lose your finer details like Cargo doors lines and others...

Lam, picture without text of 'SneezeLam' is much better la..:D

:blink: :blink: :blink: ;) ;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will improve and put in another place next time. B)

So please be careful not to over do with the neatimage, you might lose your finer details like Cargo doors lines and others...

Well, TK, you really point out the problem of using Neatimage.

See if I can improve this next time and turn out with a perfect photos. B) :rolleyes: