Icon Important Announcement!

New registrations require administration validation. This may delay registration approvals.
Reach out to us on our Facebook Page for faster approvals

Photo

Turkish Airlines Returned to Kuala Lumpur from 25 April 2013; Twice Daily from 31 May 2016

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#41 Ashraf

Ashraf
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

The news is TK will fly into KUL sometime between July and Dec 2013.

#42 Craig

Craig
  • Gold Member
  • 554 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

Ooh not so stupid from my perspective - there was one fare last time from the USA via IST plus MH code share in J for about 1400 USD. The fare is now 2400 USD (inflasi) - but if they fly their own metal it won't be anywhere near that price (They told me so). Bought a few of those, was definitely the best way home cause stopover allowed in IST also. If they do fly here, i think that fare habis lah.

True - but the problem is you can't earn any miles on IST-KUL sector (on almost all *A programs), making it less attractive to *A fliers.

#43 S V Choong

S V Choong
  • Platinum Member
  • 7,036 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

Stupid TK ... They fly everywhere including Mogadishu but not KUL.

Yes, i agreed. Any carrier that does not fly into KUL is plain stoopid, the greatest city on earth :D

#44 Waiping

Waiping

Model Collector/Spotter

• Platinum Member
  • 5,701 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:36 AM

Ya, why they don't fly to KUL? I want to spot their B777 with Barcelona paint job. :P

#45 flee

flee
  • Platinum Member
  • 11,395 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

If TK flies to KUL, MH might also need to cancel their IST services!

#46 Suzanne Goh

Suzanne Goh
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

True - but the problem is you can't earn any miles on IST-KUL sector (on almost all *A programs), making it less attractive to *A fliers.

But you DO get 10386 miles on TK miles and smiles. Pretty useless program but they did do a status match for me with a 2 year 7 month validity period so can't conplain :)

#47 Cheng Kit

Cheng Kit
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

They would definitely fly to Yangon more than KLIA

#48 Mike P

Mike P
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

They would definitely fly to Yangon more than KLIA

Why? Not only KLIA has a better international connection, better airport facilities, better security and safety and both are muslim nations and both are visa waive.. so why would they definitely fly to Yangon more than KLIA?

#49 Isaac

Isaac
  • Platinum Member
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

Why? Not only KLIA has a better international connection, better airport facilities, better security and safety and both are muslim nations and both are visa waive.. so why would they definitely fly to Yangon more than KLIA?

Because Yangon is more happening than KL now... well, in a way it is. ANA is flying to RGN, so is Asiana and a number of other airlines that do not fly to KLIA :)

#50 S V Choong

S V Choong
  • Platinum Member
  • 7,036 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

Needs more reasons other than just providing the tourists with better airport facilities, better security and safety... commercial viability and attractions for tourist. In terms of cultural tourism, I guess Yangon has more to offer compared to KL.

#51 Mike P

Mike P
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

Needs more reasons other than just providing the tourists with better airport facilities, better security and safety... commercial viability and attractions for tourist. In terms of cultural tourism, I guess Yangon has more to offer compared to KL.

Malaysia as a multi racial and cultural country, I don't suppose Yangon beats us on that.

#52 Isaac

Isaac
  • Platinum Member
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

Malaysia as a multi racial and cultural country, I don't suppose Yangon beats us on that.

For some reason, it doesn't appeal much to most foreigners. It is most likely because it is way too "rojak" already and deemed not "authentic" enough to them. When i think of a culturally rich country in this part of the globe, Thailand is the first that springs into my mind.

#53 dean hizudy

dean hizudy
  • Gold Member
  • 590 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:32 AM

For some reason, it doesn't appeal much to most foreigners. It is most likely because it is way too "rojak" already and deemed not "authentic" enough to them. When i think of a culturally rich country in this part of the globe, Thailand is the first that springs into my mind.

'
correct! no need for them to come to our country to see all those things simply because they can get them somewhere else. Even at their own country, America for example. More multiracial than our nation

#54 S V Choong

S V Choong
  • Platinum Member
  • 7,036 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:52 AM

Very short cultural history compared to many other countries. The bulk of the country's cultural foundation is mostly based on colonial cultural and mentality. In recent years there seemed to be an abandonment of vernacular cultural for foreign, for example, western culture and emphasis on islam. Check the language side of things you will find the same too. It is too multicultural or "mixed up" for foreigners liking as Isaac had pointed out. Try and get Malaysian to speak authentically Iin a language they know, it is fast becoming a mission impossible. The Thais and Japanese for examples, do not speak english that well. Does it bother tourists that much? There are many tourists that do not speak good English themselves. Tourists are not colonial masters, they will still visit your country if it is attractive enough.

I wouldn't be too proud on the multicultural or multiracial side of things, because it involved taking something from one group and give it to other group. The racial relationship is very fragile actually. Other countries like the USA and Australia. They are also multiracial and even more actually as Dean had pointed out. There is not much of a surprise for them. Good marketing tool for Tuorism Malaysia perhaps, but actually nobody cares other than Malaysian, Chinese and Indian.

Edited by S V Choong, 29 November 2012 - 06:59 AM.

#55 Mike P

Mike P
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

I think you guys have gone too far and have involved irrelevant nations in this topic, it's supposedly between Turkish to Yangon or KL and yet you guys have dragged in Thailand, USA, Australia, etc....

This is the Tourist Arrival of Turkish to Malaysia vs Turkish to Myanmar..

There's no specific record for Turkish to Myanmar or if they were categorised under middle east? which recorded 2607 persons arrival in year 2011 compared to Turkish to Malaysia at 8577 in year 2011? Turkey could be middle east and could be Europe too, always the tricky part.

http://corporate.tou...JanDec_2011.pdf
http://www.myanmarto...istics 2011.pdf

So guys, say it with facts! Not just your personal your opinions!

#56 Naim

Naim

• Platinum Member
  • 5,948 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

Yangon? Shwedagon Pagoda alone is worth more than all of KL's attractions combined! Not to mention the lure of a mysterious hermit republic opening up. :-)

#57 KK Lee

KK Lee
  • Platinum Member
  • 5,135 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

Burma economy has been closed for over 50 years, has a sizable population and natural resources, with the economy opening up, support of U.S., E.U., Japan and China, there are many business and investment opportunities available. If the current trend continue, Burma GDP is likely to be larger than Malaysia in 20 years time.

#58 Mike P

Mike P
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:36 AM

Burma economy has been closed for over 50 years, has a sizable population and natural resources, with the economy opening up, support of U.S., E.U., Japan and China, there are many business and investment opportunities available. If the current trend continue, Burma GDP is likely to be larger than Malaysia in 20 years time.

To say this is very subjective. Don't forget Myanmar's politic just recently becoming stable and CNN has also posted 5 signs why Myanmar is gradually becoming a safe and convenient place to visit. Don't be surprised the signs are very basic convenience like first highway, first ATM, first foreign money to be accepted and even sign of freedom, Posters of Aung San Suu Kyi are now allowed to be distributed freely. http://travel.cnn.com/explorations/escape/5-signs-myanmar-becoming-easier-travelers-126618

There're also investors claiming with Malaysia's GDP's growth, Malaysia can emulate and overcome many high income nations in another few decades, etc. But these are all just presumption based on the trend of the economy. The economy is very fragile and when it was hit by the recession, a developed nation like South Korea could be the first nation to declare bankruptcy.

#59 Naim

Naim

• Platinum Member
  • 5,948 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

Burma was arguably the most advanced/prosperous nation in SEA early last century. It's a sleeping giant. Nice hardworking ppl, full of resources ... if only they find oil!

---

Colonial era (1885 - 1948)
During British occupation, Burma was the wealthiest country in Southeast Asia. It was also once the world's largest exporter of rice. During British administration, Burma supplied oil through the Burmah Oil Company. Burma also had a wealth of natural and labor resources. It produced 75% of the world's teak and had a highly literate population.[11] The country was believed to be on the fast track to development.
http://en.wikipedia....conomy_of_Burma

Edited by Naim, 29 November 2012 - 11:38 AM.

#60 S V Choong

S V Choong
  • Platinum Member
  • 7,036 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

I think you guys have gone too far and have involved irrelevant nations in this topic, it's supposedly between Turkish to Yangon or KL and yet you guys have dragged in Thailand, USA, Australia, etc....

This is the Tourist Arrival of Turkish to Malaysia vs Turkish to Myanmar..

There's no specific record for Turkish to Myanmar or if they were categorised under middle east? which recorded 2607 persons arrival in year 2011 compared to Turkish to Malaysia at 8577 in year 2011? Turkey could be middle east and could be Europe too, always the tricky part.

http://corporate.tou...JanDec_2011.pdf
http://www.myanmarto...istics 2011.pdf

So guys, say it with facts! Not just your personal your opinions!

Why would you want to compare Myanmar to Malaysia anyway? Myanmar was until recently a relatively closed country. Wouldnt make any sense to compare it with them.

Edited by S V Choong, 29 November 2012 - 12:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users