Icon Important Announcement!

New registrations require administration validation. This may delay registration approvals.
Reach out to us on our Facebook Page for faster approvals

Photo

MH 737 max 8 poll

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Poll: cancel max 8 order (39 member(s) have cast votes)

should MH switch its order to A320 neo

1. maintain current frame order of Max (13 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. convert current max frames to 787/777/797 & switch to n/b order to A320neo (26 votes [66.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Chris Tan

Chris Tan
  • Gold Member
  • 827 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 09:06 AM

They can reprogram the software but at the end of the day bexause the center of gravity of this aircraft is no more as per original design, it needs the software to keep it level when sppeds r slow and isnt very forgiving.the general public has lost its confidence in this model.And also lost confidence in boeing as far as the max is concerned.

https://calgaryheral...d0-9cf0259bad0b

You should forward your concerns to Boeing and industry leaders. These CEOs need to know the truth!

#22 Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Mohd Suhaimi Fariz
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 10:03 AM

The problems with the MAX is fixable. And it will be fixable. So no rush for MAS to think about switching etc etc.

Again, it boils down to the fact that of the 350 aircraft flying thousands of flights daily, only 2 of them crashed. If there's anything inherently wrong with the aircraft, we'd be seeing more crashes.

#23 Ja Singh

Ja Singh
  • Silver Member
  • 494 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 02:02 PM

You should forward your concerns to Boeing and industry leaders. These CEOs need to know the truth!

ha ha i don't have to cause there is enough safety experts knocking on Boeing's door.!here are links to some examples.

https://www.wsj.com/...hers-1542082575

https://www.seattlet...lion-air-crash/

And the very CEO's you're talking about are the culprits and should be held accountable for the lost of Innocent lives, as they tried to save cost sheepishly for transition from NG to max (they kept the MCAS feature on a low key other wise FAA may have asked them for a new certification type)and wanted just a simple few hours training.Had they gone ahead with a complete new certification for the max 8/or better elaborate information on the MCAS in the first place,the pilots of those flights would have been more equip to handle the catastrophe.

https://www.abc.net....37-max/10493470

As a matter of fact there is already a case against them by one family as we speak.

https://www.reuters....h-idUSKCN1RG27G

The problems with the MAX is fixable. And it will be fixable. So no rush for MAS to think about switching etc etc.

Again, it boils down to the fact that of the 350 aircraft flying thousands of flights daily, only 2 of them crashed. If there's anything inherently wrong with the aircraft, we'd be seeing more crashes.

hope so too.

Edited by Ja Singh, 06 April 2019 - 02:08 PM.

#24 Waiping

Waiping

Model Collector/Spotter

• Platinum Member
  • 5,701 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 09:54 AM

Boeing CEO 'sorry' for lives lost in 737 MAX accidents

https://edition.cnn....intl/index.html

News like this was all over the internet yesterday after the preliminary report was released.  The question now is how long will Boeing take to patch the software and re-certify the Max 8.  In the meantime those who have their delivery slot affected, or have grounded the aircraft pending investigation will they get compensation?  As a business some sort of compensation might be struck to regain their support.

#25 flee

flee
  • Platinum Member
  • 11,395 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 10:24 AM

Although "only" 2 crashed, they did so in relation with very few total flying hours for the type. That is abnormal and that is why we see them grounded.

Boeing's quick action to cut production and the airlines' revising their flight schedules beyond May/June may indicate that this problem will take some time to be fixed. Boeing will be wise to ensure that the problem is fixed once and for all.

#26 KK Lee

KK Lee
  • Platinum Member
  • 5,135 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 11:55 AM

Although "only" 2 crashed, they did so in relation with very few total flying hours for the type. That is abnormal and that is why we see them grounded.

Boeing's quick action to cut production and the airlines' revising their flight schedules beyond May/June may indicate that this problem will take some time to be fixed. Boeing will be wise to ensure that the problem is fixed once and for all.

If second sensor is not wired to mcas computer, Boeing needs time to design, produce and rewire both in production and delivered aircrafts.

#27 KK Lee

KK Lee
  • Platinum Member
  • 5,135 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 08:43 PM

From the way FM taped up their 737 max 8 at sha; they expect a long grounding.

#28 Ja Singh

Ja Singh
  • Silver Member
  • 494 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 12:48 PM

From the way FM taped up their 737 max 8 at sha; they expect a long grounding.

sorry lee did not understand what u meant
by " From the way FM taped up their 737 max 8 at sha".

Edited by Ja Singh, 09 April 2019 - 12:48 PM.

#29 flee

flee
  • Platinum Member
  • 11,395 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 03:20 PM

sorry lee did not understand what u meant
by " From the way FM taped up their 737 max 8 at sha".

Clue: IATA codes

#30 Ja Singh

Ja Singh
  • Silver Member
  • 494 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:03 AM

Clue: IATA codes

haha got you.

Edited by Ja Singh, 10 April 2019 - 04:04 AM.

#31 S V Choong

S V Choong
  • Platinum Member
  • 7,036 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:09 PM

This two accidents will make life harder for aircraft manufacturers from now on.

It will not be as simple as making subsequent variations of an existing model and bypassing all the normal requirements of producing a whole new model.

The 737 Max is flawed by its design and weight distribution.  Had the gotten things right, MCAS should not be required at all.

#32 Ja Singh

Ja Singh
  • Silver Member
  • 494 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 01:58 AM

https://moneymaven.i...GA/?replyPage=1

This report sums up the max 8 and the comment by an experienced max 8 pilot says it all....as below.

As an industry expert, I have flown the 737 max as a line captain and it was my 12 th type rating. This being said, i can tell you that the MCAS is the tip of the iceberg, this airplane is majorly flawed not only aerodynamically but also technically.

Never before have I encountered such strange behaviour from an airliner.

Two thing jump to me.

1. AOA don’t fail, we have a series of failure of this part, it is the beginning of the problem.

2. Pilots are now younger and more inexperienced, a bad stall indication system will only exacerbate the situation. Adding a light or more information to digest will only delay the response.

3. The automation is very very weak compare to other Boeing products and especially to its arch rival Airbus.

I have flown the Boeing 767 which was desing in theory 30 years passed and it is more advanced that the 737 max. Why? Simply because the 737 max is actually an older design and has shown the limits of what this fuselage could bring. It’s like having an IPhone 10 that you have to plug in a phone jack to get internet.

Besides, I have seen autopilot kicking off for no reason and weird roll behaviour in some instances.

I asked to be removed from flying the 737 max ever again. I don’t trust this airplane and I have 17000 hours as a line Captain and have been an instructor for close to half this time. Why should the public trust the airplane? I don’t.

#33 Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Mohd Suhaimi Fariz
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:04 AM

https://moneymaven.i...GA/?replyPage=1

This report sums up the max 8 and the comment by an experienced max 8 pilot says it all....as below.

As an industry expert, I have flown the 737 max as a line captain and it was my 12 th type rating. This being said, i can tell you that the MCAS is the tip of the iceberg, this airplane is majorly flawed not only aerodynamically but also technically.

Never before have I encountered such strange behaviour from an airliner.

Two thing jump to me.

1. AOA don’t fail, we have a series of failure of this part, it is the beginning of the problem.

2. Pilots are now younger and more inexperienced, a bad stall indication system will only exacerbate the situation. Adding a light or more information to digest will only delay the response.

3. The automation is very very weak compare to other Boeing products and especially to its arch rival Airbus.

I have flown the Boeing 767 which was desing in theory 30 years passed and it is more advanced that the 737 max. Why? Simply because the 737 max is actually an older design and has shown the limits of what this fuselage could bring. It’s like having an IPhone 10 that you have to plug in a phone jack to get internet.

Besides, I have seen autopilot kicking off for no reason and weird roll behaviour in some instances.

I asked to be removed from flying the 737 max ever again. I don’t trust this airplane and I have 17000 hours as a line Captain and have been an instructor for close to half this time. Why should the public trust the airplane? I don’t.

Says nothing, really, considering that the MAX have flown thousands of hours all around the world prior to the grounding. So why isn't the problem more widespread?Why did the pilots of the last Lion Air flight prior to the crash was able to save the plane when it had the same issue?

#34 Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Mohd Suhaimi Fariz
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 07:59 AM

Quick flash - Garuda, who had cancelled their 737 MAX orders, have chosen...

Boeing 737 MAX 10 & Boeing 787s as a replacement.

https://asia.nikkei....-Boeing-planes2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users