Icon Important Announcement!

New registrations require administration validation. This may delay registration approvals.
Reach out to us on our Facebook Page for faster approvals

Photo

MAS New Route/Frequency Application

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 David.W

David.W
  • Silver Member
  • 311 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:55 PM

Wonder if our current PM would suggest some new routes to MAB

LAX direct perhaps? Either the A350 or 787-9

Edited by David.W, 06 November 2017 - 05:56 PM.

#62 Craig

Craig
  • Gold Member
  • 554 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 12:20 AM

Wonder if our current PM would suggest some new routes to MAB

LAX direct perhaps? Either the A350 or 787-9

As much as I would love a LAX-KUL nonstop, it wouldn't be happening in the near future. Nonstop flights on UA for LAX-SIN is yours for $380 USD! And if you are flying to KUL, the UA/NH JV covers it well - flights are frequently $400 USD or less. Then they have corporate contracts to fill up the premium cabin. Where is MH going to get the corporate contracts from?

#63 Azman MN

Azman MN
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:23 AM

I flew MH LAX-MEX in 1993.

SQ with the GRU- BCN route - not sure if they made the right decision to kill it. I must have flown at least 10 sectors and it was always almost full, even in F.   The one thing that was not so good is that the plane leaves BCN a bit too early in the morning. If it left only 1 hour later, it would attract a lot more connecting passengers from the rest of Europe.   

#64 Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Mohd Suhaimi Fariz
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:16 AM

As much as I would love a LAX-KUL nonstop, it wouldn't be happening in the near future. Nonstop flights on UA for LAX-SIN is yours for $380 USD! And if you are flying to KUL, the UA/NH JV covers it well - flights are frequently $400 USD or less. Then they have corporate contracts to fill up the premium cabin. Where is MH going to get the corporate contracts from?

That's one way or return?

#65 Craig

Craig
  • Gold Member
  • 554 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:38 AM

That's one way or return?

Return including all taxes.

#66 Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Mohd Suhaimi Fariz
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:31 AM

Return including all taxes.

Return?! That's way cheaper than what I paid for last year on QR - and I thought that was already cheap!

#67 Craig

Craig
  • Gold Member
  • 554 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:34 AM

Return?! That's way cheaper than what I paid for last year on QR - and I thought that was already cheap!

Most international tickets aren't reversible (e.g. LAX-KUL fares aren't the same as KUL-LAX fares). Id love it to be - Id save a lot for my flights to EU or Cairo :P

Edited by Craig, 08 November 2017 - 10:40 AM.

#68 Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Mohd Suhaimi Fariz
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:42 AM

Most international tickets aren't reversible (e.g. LAX-KUL fares aren't the same as KUL-LAX fares). Id love it to be - Id save a lot for my flights to EU or Cairo :P

Ah, that explains everything...

And here I'm already packing for a trip to America again  :)

#69 Craig

Craig
  • Gold Member
  • 554 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 12:27 AM

MAVCOM approved the following route applications from MH (April 2019):

KUL-PDG - 2.2 units (what is a "unit"?)

BKI-SDK - 7 weekly

KUL-KTJ - 3.3 units (where's KTJ? Google says Kenya :D)

KUL-LBU - 1 weekly

KUL-MYY - 2 weekly

KUL-PKU - 4.4 units

KUL-SOC - 4.4 units

KUL-BTU - 1 weekly

KUL-JHB - 2 weekly

KUL-KCH - 4 weekly

KUL-PEN - 4 weekly

KUL-SDK - 3 weekly

Other notable approved applications:

OD:

BKI-SDK - 14 weekly 

SZB-XSP - 42 weekly!!!

AK:

KUL-CGK - 7 weekly

KUL-MNL - 7 weekly

KUL-PKU - 5 units

D7:
KUL-NGO - 4 weekly

More info here: MAVCOM April 2019 Air Traffic Rights

#70 Mohd Azizul Ramli

Mohd Azizul Ramli
  • Platinum Member
  • 4,809 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 03:15 AM

KUL-KTJ - 3.3 units (where's KTJ? Google says Kenya :D)

Per GCMAP, the nearest guess would be Gong Kedak in Kelantan (WMGK).

#71 Alan B.

Alan B.
  • Gold Member
  • 955 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 09:45 AM

Maybe it is  KJT - Kertajati International Airport the new airport built to replace Bandung's current Husein Sastranegara International Airport which is said to only handle domestic flights in the near future. Currently it's a huge white elephant with hardly any flights, so the talk is that all international flight may soon be forced to transfer there from BDO. With bad land connection, I would just fly to Jakarta and take a bus or train to Bandung as Damri already has transfers from CGK and the railway company is talking of starting some of the regular Argo Parahyangan trains from CGK to Bandung.

#72 Radzi

Radzi
  • Platinum Member
  • 4,546 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 04:40 PM

Maybe it is  KJT - Kertajati International Airport the new airport built to replace Bandung's current Husein Sastranegara International Airport which is said to only handle domestic flights in the near future. Currently it's a huge white elephant with hardly any flights, so the talk is that all international flight may soon be forced to transfer there from BDO. With bad land connection, I would just fly to Jakarta and take a bus or train to Bandung as Damri already has transfers from CGK and the railway company is talking of starting some of the regular Argo Parahyangan trains from CGK to Bandung.

Been flying to BDO a few times, heard about "a new airport for Bandung" but never see anything within logical distance to the city. So where is this KJT?

#73 Mushrif A

Mushrif A
  • Platinum Member
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 05:36 PM

KJT ... in the middle of nowhere, north east of Bandung. Almost as far from BDO as Jakarta is.

Edited by Mushrif A, 11 May 2019 - 05:37 PM.

#74 Radzi

Radzi
  • Platinum Member
  • 4,546 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 03:31 PM

KJT ... in the middle of nowhere, north east of Bandung. Almost as far from BDO as Jakarta is.

Found it. According to Google Maps, it takes about 2.5 hours to get to old BDO from the new airport.  It takes a few minutes more to travel by road from CGK to BDO.

Edited by Radzi, 12 May 2019 - 03:34 PM.

#75 Kenny Sing

Kenny Sing
  • Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:11 AM

even a worse positioning compared to PIA vs proposed Kulim IA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users