Icon Important Announcement!

New registrations require administration validation. This may delay registration approvals.
Reach out to us on our Facebook Page for faster approvals

Photo

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

• Please log in to reply
2074 replies to this topic

#2061 Mohd Azizul Ramli

Mohd Azizul Ramli
  • Platinum Member
  • 4,809 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 03:10 AM

Is the report available to public?

#2062 affendi osman

affendi osman
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:35 AM

Is the report available to public?

Yes.. Downloadable

Edited by affendi osman, 01 August 2018 - 08:35 AM.

#2063 S V Choong

S V Choong
  • Platinum Member
  • 7,036 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 10:04 AM

Azharuddin quits as Civil Aviation Authority chairman over missing MH370

See:

He resigned 4 years after the incident?  Should have resigned much earlier!

#2064 Waiping

Waiping

Model Collector/Spotter

• Platinum Member
  • 5,701 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 11:04 AM

If the old gomen still in power he will still be sitting there.

#2065 KK Lee

KK Lee
  • Platinum Member
  • 5,135 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 11:49 AM

If the old gomen still in power he will still be sitting there.

Get promoted; after retired, get appointed to directorship in GLC.

#2066 BC Tam

BC Tam
  • Platinum Member
  • 7,376 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 12:45 PM

Well yes, four years does seem a rather lengthy period of time to conclude "the Air Traffic Controller did not comply with certain Standard Operating Procedures" and for someone to bear the honorable burden - it's not like they had to scour the ocean floor for evidence of that non compliance

#2067 xtemujin

xtemujin
  • Gold Member
  • 598 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 06:12 PM

MH370 theory: Data analysis points to new probable crash site

DECEMBER 7, 2018 8:15PM

The MH370 search doesn’t add up. An engineer has found a new possible crash site — and inferred a sinister end for passengers.

https://www.news.com...1c905df89351180

Edited by xtemujin, 08 December 2018 - 06:14 PM.

#2068 S V Choong

S V Choong
  • Platinum Member
  • 7,036 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:23 PM

MH370 threats: Plane fragments 'linked' to murder of official as MH370 hunter forced into hiding

https://www.nzherald...jectid=12212838

#2069 David.W

David.W
  • Silver Member
  • 311 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 04:44 PM

There should be an in-depth investigation into why Malaysia's military did not respond to that unknown object (MH370) detected on military radar.

What if MH370 was ment to fly into a certain targer/building? Fighter jets were not scrambled, where they unable to scramble? Was it detected but desicion was made to ignore it?

#2070 BC Tam

BC Tam
  • Platinum Member
  • 7,376 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 09:16 PM

There should be an in-depth investigation into why Malaysia's military did not respond to that unknown object (MH370) detected on military radar.

What if MH370 was ment to fly into a certain targer/building? Fighter jets were not scrambled, where they unable to scramble? Was it detected but desicion was made to ignore it?

Considering what that had been mentioned in this other thread

http://www.malaysian...topic=21351&hl=

you have to wonder whether the capability was there at that time and day to 'respond/scramble/intercept' ?!

#2071 xtemujin

xtemujin
  • Gold Member
  • 598 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 10:38 AM

MH370: NEW STUDY SUGGESTS PLANE COULD BE FURTHER NORTH

Edited by xtemujin, 02 May 2019 - 10:39 AM.

#2072 David.W

David.W
  • Silver Member
  • 311 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 07:12 PM

Considering what that had been mentioned in this other thread

http://www.malaysian...topic=21351&hl=

you have to wonder whether the capability was there at that time and day to 'respond/scramble/intercept' ?!

Well that would not be good.

Implying that even RMAF F18 fleet in Butterworth could not be scrambled? I believe its more likely that no action was taken although they were able to scramble. 

I believe the F18s are in a better condition than the Russian jets in the fleet.

#2073 xtemujin

xtemujin
  • Gold Member
  • 598 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 05:35 PM

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, 5 Years Later: The Crucial Clue the Investigators Missed
Figuring out what happened at 6:25 pm GMT, on March 8, 2014, could solve the biggest mystery of modern civilization.
BY JEFF WISE MARCH 8, 2019

Skepticism about the integrity of the Inmarsat data has been spreading. In 2018, David Gallo, the Woods Hole oceanographer who led the effort that found Air France Flight 447 deep in the Atlantic, wrote on Twitter: “I never thought I’d say this….I think there is a good chance that MH370 never came south at all. Let’s put it this way, I don’t accept the evidence that the plane came south.”

Edited by xtemujin, 07 May 2019 - 05:35 PM.

#2074 Paul Saccani

Paul Saccani
  • Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 12:47 AM

When someone starts a story with "This much we know: Precisely five seconds after MH370 left Malaysia [sic] controlled airspace, someone turned off all the communications equipment and cranked the plane into a hard left turn.", it's a pretty strong sign that they don't know what they are talking about or are bald faced liars.  We don't know any of this, though it does seem most likely that the aircraft was intentionally turned left, we don't know the timing with that precision, we don't know why the aircraft lost comms, we certainly can't say that someone did it.  The most likely explanation is that all active generators went off line for a short time and power was not fully restored to the aircraft.  If this coincided with a period of, say hypoxia, the actions of the crew may have been totally inappropriate - with no ill intent. 

Looking at the story in "the drive", serial 2 is arrant nonsense.  Inmarsat did a subtle redesign of the way ground station data was stored to allow ranging from all data signals.  Almost every word in serial 2 is false.  Serial 3 continues with falsehoods.  Especially laughable ones as the debris has turned up exactly where it was predicted it would turn up, if one looks back five years in this thread, you will find that I had already mentioned that a few weeks into the disappearance.  It then lurches into "the only possible perpratrator" etc..., which has nothing to do with drift modelling.  My money is still on an unusual failure and crew incapacitation.  Hypoxic crew can act in totally bizarre ways - that's why it is so dangerous. 

With regard to David Gallo, I'll him speak for himself; "To the families, friends and loved ones of the NH370 victims: there is much in the media regarding the fate of the plane.  Much of it I find to be irresponsible.  I myself am often misquoted and I am sorry for that.  My expertise is from the sea surface down to the sea floor."

Of necessity, most of the southern arc has yet to be searched, and that portion which has been searched has been searched to a limited width.  Given the extraordinary costs involved, a long pause is prudent to determine where the best chance of success lies.  But I hope funding can be found sooner rather than later to continue the search. 

With regard to the statement "Five years later, we know they were wrong [about the southern arc]", that is another thing we do not know - most of it has yet to be searched.

I have to say, I am nauseated by those who seek to profit by bulldusting about MH370.  Gallo is not one of them.

Edited by Paul Saccani, 08 May 2019 - 12:48 AM.

#2075 Kenny Sing

Kenny Sing
  • Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 03:16 PM

with the current technology and the availability of data, this case will remain a mystery. unless some new evidence surface out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users