Icon Important Announcement!

New registrations require administration validation. This may delay registration approvals.
Reach out to us on our Facebook Page for faster approvals

Photo

Guide on Regional Flights by Non Regional Airlines

• Please log in to reply
261 replies to this topic

#21 Kee Hooi Yen

Kee Hooi Yen
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:08 PM

According to A.net, JL will suspend KIX-SIN-KUL

#22 Isaac

Isaac
  • Platinum Member
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:13 PM

According to A.net, JL will suspend KIX-SIN-KUL

Indeed they are. It's been confirmed.

#23 Mohd Azizul Ramli

Mohd Azizul Ramli
  • Platinum Member
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:36 PM

The A.Net news mentioned the cut will take effect on 17 January 2010. I did a search on OneWorld's website and they still showing flight JL 722 KUL-SIN and JL 721 SIN-KUL as available for journey in April 2010. Expedia also shows flight JL 722 KUL-SIN as available but no flight JL 721. So what's the actual status? The KUL-SIN sector is still available through JL's flight out of NRT? It's a triangular route (NRT-KUL-SIN-NRT) thus no SIN-KUL flight? OneWorld's website is not updated accodingly?

#24 Pieter C.

Pieter C.
  • Platinum Member
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 04:45 AM

Tokyo, November 5, 2009: The JAL Group announced today, further changes to its overall route and flight frequency plan for the second half of FY2009, and plans for a portion of its domestic passenger operations for the first half of FY2010.

With a focus on improving profitability and reducing costs, a bold review of underperforming routes was conducted, as slated in the Progress Report of its Medium Term Corporate Plan issued June 19, 2009. As a result, the JAL Group will discontinue operations on 8 international and 8 domestic routes, as well as 1 cargo route. Flight frequency on 2 international routes will also be reduced, and the total effect of these changes is a trim down of 61, 91 and 3 weekly return flights in the international, domestic and cargo networks respectively.

In summary, within the three fiscal half-years of April 2009 to September 2010, reductions and suspensions were decided to be carried out on a total of 13 international, 15 domestic and 2 cargo routes, along with the closure of 4 overseas and 2 domestic offices.

Aircraft used on a total of 5 routes will be also be downsized as JAL progressively renews its fleet with more fuel-efficient aircraft.

International Passenger Operations

Route Suspension

Route Details Date Effective Remarks

Osaka (Kansai) = Hangzhou Service suspension of 7 weekly flights Dec 7, 2009 Closure of Hangzhou office

Tokyo (Narita) = Hangzhou Service suspension of 7 weekly flights Dec 7, 2009

Tokyo (Narita) = Qingdao Service suspension of 7 weekly flights Dec 7, 2009 Closure of Qingdao office

Tokyo (Narita) = Xiamen Service suspension of 3 weekly flights Dec 7, 2009 Closure of Xiamen office

Osaka (Kansai) = Busan Service suspension of 7 weekly flights Jan 12, 2010

Osaka (Kansai) = Hanoi Service suspension of 7 weekly flights Jan 12, 2010

Osaka (Kansai) = Singapore = Kuala Lumpur Service suspension of 7 weekly flights Jan 17, 2010

Tokyo (Narita) = Vancouver = Mexico City Service suspension of 2 weekly flights Jan 18, 2010 Closure of Mexico City office

Suspensions already announced: Osaka (Kansai) = London, Incheon, Dalian, and Nagoya (Chubu) = Paris, Incheon (5 routes / 35 weekly flights)

Decrease in flight frequency

Route Details Date Effective

Tokyo (Narita) = Taipei Decrease flight frequency from 28 to 21 flights per week. Dec 7, 2009

Tokyo (Narita) = London Decrease flight frequency from 14 to 7 flights per week. Dec 7, 2009

Reductions already announced: Tokyo (Narita) = New York, Bangkok, Guangzhou, Incheon, New Delhi / Osaka (Kansai) = Guangzhou, Shanghai / Nagoya (Chubu) = Guangzhou / Tokyo (Haneda) = Hong Kong (9 routes / 47 weekly flights)

Increase in flight frequency

Route Details Date Effective

Tokyo (Narita) = Vancouver Increase flight frequency from 5 to 7 flights per week. Jan 18, 2010

Increments already announced: Tokyo (Haneda) = Beijing (1 route / 7 weekly flights)

Aircraft Change

Route Current aircraft Aircraft after change Date effective

Tokyo (Narita) = Taipei (JL645/646) 767-300ER 737-800 December 7, 2009

Nagoya (Chubu) = Taipei (JL655/656) 767-300ER 737-800 December 7, 2009

Osaka (Kansai) = Taipei (653/652) 767-300ER 737-800 January 12, 2010

Osaka (Kansai) = Beijing 767-300ER 737-800 January 12, 2010

Tokyo (Narita) = Hong Kong (JL735/736) 747-400 767-300ER January 12, 2010

Domestic Passenger Operations

Route Suspension

Route Details Date Effective Remarks

Nagoya (Chubu) = Kumamoto Service suspension of 2 daily flights February 1, 2010 Included in FY09 Plans

Tokyo (Haneda) = Kobe Service suspension of 2 daily flights April 1, 2010

Nagoya (Chubu) = Iwate-hanamaki Service suspension of 2 daily flights May 6, 2010

Nagoya (Chubu) = Kushiro Service suspension of 1 daily flights May 6, 2010

Kitakyushu = Okinawa (Naha) Service suspension of 1 daily flights May 6, 2010

Kobe = Sapporo Service suspension of 2 daily flights June 1, 2010 Closure of Kobe office

Kobe = Okinawa (Naha) Service suspension of 2 daily flights June 1, 2010

Kobe = Ishigaki Service suspension of 1 daily flights June 1, 2010

Suspensions already announced: Osaka (Kansai) = Memanbetsu, Obihiro, Kushiro, Aomori, Asahikawa / Okinawa (Naha) = Aguni (Closure of Aguni office) / Osaka (Itami) = Tanegashima (7 routes / 9 daily flights)

Cargo Operations

Route Suspension Route Details Date Effective Remarks

Tokyo (Narita) = Qingdao Service suspension of 3 weekly flights December 7, 2009 Closure of Qingdao office

Suspensions already announced: Tokyo (Narita) = London (1 route / 3 weekly flights)

JAL apologizes for any inconvenience caused as a result of the above changes and seeks the kind understanding of its passengers as the airline strives toward improving profitability with continued emphasis on providing valuable customers with the highest levels of safety, on-time performance and service.

===========================================================================================

Think JAL will mean KIX-SIN-KUL v.v.

#25 KK Lee

KK Lee
  • Platinum Member
  • 5,204 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:28 AM

JL is in very bad shape :(

:drinks:

#26 Pieter C.

Pieter C.
  • Platinum Member
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:55 AM

Since the header doesn't specifically say, it had to be Asian, here are 2 nice ones intra-Europe:

AMS-MAD-AMS by KE A332

Amsterdam to Madrid

Flight 1 Sunday, December 13, 2009
Departure: 13:20 Amsterdam, Netherlands - Schiphol
Arrival: 16:00 Madrid, Spain - Barajas, terminal 1

Airline: Korean Air KE925 Aircraft: Airbus Industrie A330-200

Fare Type: Economy Restricted

Madrid to Amsterdam

Flight 1 Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Departure: 17:20 Madrid, Spain - Barajas, terminal 1
Arrival: 20:00 Amsterdam, Netherlands - Schiphol

Airline: Korean Air KE926 Aircraft: Airbus Industrie A330-200

Fare Type: Economy Restricted

Legend:EUR = Europrice

travellers Fare taxes
1 adult(s) x (146.00 + 37.75) = 183.75 EUR

total for all travellers 183.75 EUR

purchase conditions
fare basis information

Important Information

• Fare amount (shown above) and seats on the selected flight(s) are guaranteed after we complete payment
• process including credit card authorization on your purchase request.
• Fare amount above includes fuel surcharge and taxes (except for a few minority airports which
• requires local airport tax to be collected upon check-in only)
• Any request for refunds and/or flight change can be subject to fees or penalties depending on the selected fare
type. For more detailed information, please refer to the 'Purchase Conditions' listed under 'Price'.
• SKYPASS information
- Please enroll in SKYPASS membership program first to receive our exclusive member benefits including
mileage accrual and award redemption.
- SKYPASS mileage accrual rate may vary according to booking class. You can check your booking class
by clicking 'Fare Basis Information' (the first letter of 'Fare Basis'). View mileage accrual rate table
- The SkyTeam upgrade service is not available for tickets purchased online. Please contact
our service center for details. View contact information
- Mileage accrual on SkyTeam frequent flyer program varies. Please contact each carrier for more information
• Please click ‘NEXT’ button below to continue your ticket purchase request.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MAD-FRA-MAD by LA A343

Frankfurt - Madrid
× Schließen
Vergleichen Sie die Leistungen der verschiedenen Tarife.
Economy Class Kabine Tarif
Business Class Kabine Tarif

Freitag 11 dezember BaseDer beste Preis
Erlaubt keine Umbuchungen.
Erlaubt keine Rückerstattungen des Tickets.
100% LANPASS km Sammlung bei Direktflügen.
Keine Sitzplatzreservierung bei Tätigung der Buchung erlaubt. Sie können Ihren Sitzplatz allerdings 48 Stunden vor Abflug unter den noch verfügbaren wählen, wenn Sie über LAN.com einchecken.
Base PlusPreis und mehr
Erlaubt Umbuchungen vor Abflug bei Tarifverfügbarkeit unter Entrichtung einer Gebühr von US$50.
Erlaubt eine vorherige Sitzplatzreservierung.
Premium BusinessMaximaler Komfort und Flexibilität
Maximale Flexibilität und das beste Flugerlebnis bei Reisen in der Business Class Kabine.
Keinerlei Einschränkungen.

Flüge Abflug Ankunft Dauer
LA 705
Airbus 340
19:40 22:25 02:45 hrs.
€24.00

Madrid - Frankfurt
× Schließen
Vergleichen Sie die Leistungen der verschiedenen Tarife.
Economy Class Kabine Tarif
Business Class Kabine Tarif

Montag 14 dezember BaseDer beste Preis
Erlaubt keine Umbuchungen.
Keine Sitzplatzreservierung bei Tätigung der Buchung erlaubt. Sie können Ihren Sitzplatz allerdings 48 Stunden vor Abflug unter den noch verfügbaren wählen, wenn Sie über LAN.com einchecken.
Base PlusPreis und mehr
Erlaubt Umbuchungen vor Abflug bei Tarifverfügbarkeit unter Entrichtung einer Gebühr von US$50.
Erlaubt eine vorherige Sitzplatzreservierung.
Premium BusinessMaximaler Komfort und Flexibilität
Maximale Flexibilität und das beste Flugerlebnis bei Reisen in der Business Class Kabine.
Keinerlei Einschränkungen.

Flüge Abflug Ankunft Dauer
LA 704
Airbus 340
15:15 17:55 02:40 hrs.
€24.00

- Geschätzte Werte inklusive Steuern für 1 erwachsenen Passagier.
- Alle Plätze sind erst nach Bestätigung in den nachfolgenden Schritten garantiert.

Preis €48.00
Gebühren €33.47
Preis * : €81.47
Preise in Euro
Endpreis

Especially, the LAN offer is excellent !!!

and......you can combine this too in, for instance, AMS-MAD-FRA !!! :yahoo:

#27 BC Tam

BC Tam
  • Platinum Member
  • 7,412 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 05:47 AM

and......you can combine this too in, for instance, AMS-MAD-FRA !!! :yahoo:

Here we'll understand, but my guess is if travel agent tries to sell that to average joe in the street, he/she will be thought of as having gone mad :P

#28 Mohd Azizul Ramli

Mohd Azizul Ramli
  • Platinum Member
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 04:52 AM

Still within the scope of the topic, why can't we book a flight from KUL or PEN to KCH or BKI via SIN on Singaporean airlines (SQ and MI)?

I find it rather weird that eventhough both Malaysia and Singapore are leading the entire South East Asian countries with the 'open sky policy' being in place, such booking is still impossible. A journey from KUL to BKI on MI for instance has to be made separately - KUL-SIN followed by another booking SIN-BKI, a method which seems very point-to-point ala AK but on the contrary, both SQ and MI are not LCCs. Is it because of immigration related restriction that probably concerning the Singaporean authorities by allowing Malaysians to enter the country without passport while on transit to another Malaysian points accross the South China Sea?

#29 Mohd Azizul Ramli

Mohd Azizul Ramli
  • Platinum Member
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 02:29 PM

Since the header doesn't specifically say, it had to be Asian, here are 2 nice ones intra-Europe:

AMS-MAD-AMS by KE A332
MAD-FRA-MAD by LA A343

Is there any more, Pieter? The KE's AMS-MAD-AMS flight was recently featured in 2 sets of A.Net trip reports. No PTVs though in those A332s. Was also stumbled an information that KE also operate VIE-ZRH-VIE but it will soon be withdrawn?

I think we can add the upcoming SQ's MUC-MAN-MUC too in the list. This one, with the state-of-the-art B77Ws, is surely going to hit big!

#30 Mushrif A

Mushrif A
  • Platinum Member
  • 3,560 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:52 PM

Still within the scope of the topic, why can't we book a flight from KUL or PEN to KCH or BKI via SIN on Singaporean airlines (SQ and MI)?

I find it rather weird that eventhough both Malaysia and Singapore are leading the entire South East Asian countries with the 'open sky policy' being in place, such booking is still impossible. A journey from KUL to BKI on MI for instance has to be made separately - KUL-SIN followed by another booking SIN-BKI, a method which seems very point-to-point ala AK but on the contrary, both SQ and MI are not LCCs. Is it because of immigration related restriction that probably concerning the Singaporean authorities by allowing Malaysians to enter the country without passport while on transit to another Malaysian points accross the South China Sea?

- Your reason is incorrect as there were quite a few KUL-SIN-KCH flights, for instance, in recent times. Domestic pax from KCH can enter & roam Changi during the transit stop before reboarding the same plane for KUL.

- The reason is probably restrictions on the bilateral air arrangement, to prevent a foreign airline from poaching domestic pax through the backdoor. You cannot book the same with BI as well via BWN. Has to be separate tickets. And BI, SQ-MI were strategically placed between east & West M'sia to do some damage to then incumbent MH. Till today, no foreign airlines can offer domestic flights within M'sia. And that ensures that AK has its domestic mrkt cash cow undisturbed compared to the likes of Tiger Airways, which has none.

Interestingly, CX which flies KUL-PENvv to/from HKG, can pickup pax in KUL to fly them to PEN, but only if the same pax had come from HKG on the same ticket, e.g. HKG-KUL-PEN, allowing the pax to stopover in KUL before flying to PEN on another day.

#31 Izanee

Izanee
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 01:42 AM

I used to remember in the late nineties there used to be a MAS flight which i took..

BKI-LBU-MYY-KCH-SIN-KUL...

excellent stuff. i joined the flight in LBU ...for some reason, that day, they omitted the SIN stop. But nevertheless ... an awesome flight all the same!

I remember thinking the same thing then ... i don't have my passport with me...will they stop me in SIN?? LOL

Edited by Izanee, 09 January 2010 - 01:43 AM.

#32 Mushrif A

Mushrif A
  • Platinum Member
  • 3,560 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:25 AM

I used to remember in the late nineties there used to be a MAS flight which i took..

BKI-LBU-MYY-KCH-SIN-KUL...

excellent stuff. i joined the flight in LBU ...for some reason, that day, they omitted the SIN stop. But nevertheless ... an awesome flight all the same!

I remember thinking the same thing then ... i don't have my passport with me...will they stop me in SIN?? LOL

I can look up the flight number but I dont recall this particular multi-sector flight has scheduled stops in SIN. I remember the outbound, which actually starts in PEN.

The routing was PEN-KUL-KCH-MYY-LBU-BKI on one single flight number.

#33 Pieter C.

Pieter C.
  • Platinum Member
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 06:12 AM

Is there any more, Pieter?

Didn't check and not sure, but isn't SV operating MAN-GVA with 777's ? :huh:

and....how about EK's LCA-MLA v.v. with 330's ? ;)

yeah, it will be a long and boring flight to SEL next month, I guess, Azizul... :help:

#34 Mohd Azizul Ramli

Mohd Azizul Ramli
  • Platinum Member
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:16 PM

Didn't check and not sure, but isn't SV operating MAN-GVA with 777's ?

and....how about EK's LCA-MLA v.v. with 330's ?

The latter is confirmed, but I am not sure about the former. Will check it out.

Just an update for QR, since the new year (2010), QR has stopped plying the KUL-DPS-KUL route. They now paired the DPS tag-on with SIN, SIN-DPS-SIN using B77Ws. They also have stopped plying the SIN-CGK-SIN tag-on and all flights to CGK now are terminator, like in the case of KUL.

Edited by Mohd Azizul Ramli, 10 January 2010 - 12:17 PM.

#35 affendi osman

affendi osman
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:29 PM

yeah...no more cheap fare to DPS on QR.
that leaves us with only 2 options, either with Malaysia Airlines or AirAsia.
any other cheap non-stop flight?

been on QR flight to DPS before, and the flight was full both ways!

#36 Pieter C.

Pieter C.
  • Platinum Member
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:58 PM

Just an update for QR, since the new year (2010), QR has stopped plying the KUL-DPS-KUL route. They now paired the DPS tag-on with SIN, SIN-DPS-SIN using B77Ws.

Yeah, one of the reasons why I suggested Mai to spend some time @ DPS this year, as I love the QR 777's...
They've some excellent offers at present to DPS (< 700 EUR) as well as to DXB (361 EUR) ex Germany... :yahoo:

#37 Mohd Azizul Ramli

Mohd Azizul Ramli
  • Platinum Member
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:27 PM

I managed to compile the latest and most current list of all (? hopefully) intra-Europe flights by non EU carriers with 5th freedom rights to carry passengers from both points, as follows:

American Airlines
Until April 2010 | LHR-BRU-LHR | B763

Emirates
LCA-MLA-LCA | A332

Ethiopian Airlines
FCO-ARN-FCO | B752

Korean Air
Until April 2010 | AMS-MAD-AMS | A332
From April 2010 | AMS-MAD | B772 | 3 weekly (only one way as the flight will then be a triangular ICN-AMS-MAD-ICN)
Until April 2010 | VIE-ZRH | A333 | 3 weekly*
From April 2010 | VIE-ZRH | B772 | 3 weekly (same as * only equipment change. Also only one way as the flight is a triangular ICN-VIE-ZRH-ICN)

Kuwait Airways
FRA-GVA-FRA | A306/A343
July-August 2010 | GVA-LHR | A306
FCO-CDG-FCO | A306/A343 | 4 times per week

LAN Airlines
MAD-FRA-MAD | A343 | Daily

PIA Pakistan International Airlines
CPH-OSL-CPH | B772
AMS-IST-AMS | A310

Singapore Airlines
MUC-MAN-MUC | B77W

United Airlines
Until April 2010 | LHR-BRU-LHR | B772

#38 Mohd Azizul Ramli

Mohd Azizul Ramli
  • Platinum Member
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:15 PM

QR announced 2 new tag-on flights in South East Asia!

i. KUL-HKT vv daily A330 beginning 11 October 2010
ii. BKK-HAN vv 4 weekly B77W beginning 1 November 2010

This is on top of QR's current SIN-DPS vv tag-on flight.

http://www.moodierep...40&doc_id=24489

#39 Pieter C.

Pieter C.
  • Platinum Member
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:56 PM

Thanks a lot for the link, Azizul; it shows some new QR destinations interesting to both Mai and me: Hanoi & Brussels...I guess, the rumours of Amsterdam were, well just rumours and they opted for BRU instead...

Wonder if they hold MXP-NCE v.v. and OTP-BUD v.v. traffic rights (both being an intra-EU route)...

#40 Mohd Azizul Ramli

Mohd Azizul Ramli
  • Platinum Member
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:56 AM

The schedules are out!

Phuket:

Starting 11th October QR 622/623 & QR 624/625 which cover 7 of the 11 weekly DOH-KUL flights.

QR 622 DOH - KUL 0835 2100 Tu, We, Fr, Su
------- KUL - HKT 2210 2225 Tu, Fr, Su

QR 624 DOH - KUL 0150 1420 We, Fr, Sa
------- KUL - HKT 1540 1555 We, Fr, Sa

QR 623 HKT - KUL 0005 0235 Mo, We, Th, Sa
------- KUL - DOH 0345 0610 Mo, We, Sa

QR 625 HKT - KUL 1735 1955 Th, Sa, Su
------- KUL - DOH 2105 2350 Th, Sa, Su

Aircraft will be A330-300. 6 out of 7 KUL-HKT flights will have 5th freedom rights.

Hanoi:

With the addition of HAN, QR will go triple daily to BKK.

QR 614 DOH - BKK 0045 1130 Mo, Tu, Fr, Sa
------- BKK - HAN 1230 1415 Mo, Tu, Fr, Sa

QR 615 HAN - BKK 2325 0120 +1 Mo, Tu, Fr, Sa
------- BKK - DOH 0235 0600 Tu, We, Sa, Su

Aircraft: A330-300. Full 5th freedom rights.

Thanks a lot for the link, Azizul; it shows some new QR destinations interesting to both Mai and me: Hanoi & Brussels...I guess, the rumours of Amsterdam were, well just rumours and they opted for BRU instead. Wonder if they hold MXP-NCE v.v. and OTP-BUD v.v. traffic rights (both being an intra-EU route).

I read that QR has already obtained a slot at AMS but decided not to utilise it. Through A.Net, I was informed that QR does not have 5th freedom rights for BUD-BUH vv.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users