MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

When Airlines' CEOs Tweet on the Facebook Wall

Those in Facebook must have noticed that Malaysian airlines' CEO, especially those from AirAsia Group, have been using the networking website as a marketing tools and to 'leak' some major news from the airline, prior to the official press release. I hope this thread can be used to discuss about our thoughts behind the single line shoutout by these inspiring individuals.

Let's begin the thread with something straight forward.

Azran Osman-Rani

First winner of "Name a Plane and Get Your Name on a Plane" is Kenneth fr Sarawak! Check out blog.airasia.com and submit your X plane name!

Posted on 6 June 2009

So is this our Kenneth? Another one after the MASwings contest, where he won a free return ticket to HAN with MH?

Some other interesting recent Facebook shoutouts by D7 and AK CEOs:

Azran Osman-Rani

9M-XAC Xcellence is going to create a riot! All of our cargo handlers are going to freeze when they see the livery on cargo door!

Posted on 6 June 2009

Tony Fernandes

Back to office for a few hours. Our new Oakland raiders plane touched down. Imagine a Malaysian company sponsoring an NFL team team. Why

Posted on 5 June 2009 1:44pm · via Twitter

So true, but I am afraid Pemuda PAS is going to make such a big fuss about the livery. We'll just have to see then.

Azran Osman-Rani

No job is worth compromising one's principles. No relationship is worth continuing without trust. No time should be wasted on toxic people.

Posted on 25 May 2009 at 3:08pm

Tony Fernandes

On my way back to europe. Great week Staying positive. monopolies will not protection kill our spirit. So cool seeing the crowd at LCCT.

Posted on 21 May 2009 at 5:54pm · via Twitter

Tony Fernandes

Just back from Singapore . Met singapore Airports new CEO . If only ..... Tired and frustrated with Malaysian airports. A monopoly.

Posted on 18 May 2009 at 5:25pm · via Twitter

Quite controverisal. I wonder who are those toxic people that Azran hinted, but Datuk Tony is being more straight forward I guess. (The folks at MAHB is high on my prediction). Some glitches with the new permanent LCCT?

While the top guns at AirAsia is communicating directly with their passengers through these websites, the honchos at MH and FY are no where to be found as far as I am concern. Are they not allowed to emulate what Azran and Tony did? Or they are just too busy, non IT savvy type of CEO?

Share more shoutouts that you think worth discussing here.

So true, but I am afraid Pemuda PAS is going to make such a big fuss about the livery. We'll just have to see then.

And Wanita Umno.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc79/in...9mxacmwjpeg.jpg

This image over the cargo door.

@MAR: its either Khazanah is putting a stop over what they can or cannot do online, or they are genuinely busy. Was at the meet Idris Jala event, and Datuk Idris looks genuinely honest and IT savvy - blackberry is his lifeline, so its either Khazanah says NO (Its a GLC company afterall), He is too busy or the IT nuts in MAS has yet to intro datuk with Twitter.

I replied in Azran's shoutout about the Pemuda PAS thingy and here is his reply:

Azran Osman-Rani

Then I would have to thank Pemuda PAS in advance for the publicity!

Posted at 1:25am June 6 via Facebook Mobile

That's one saucy livery. Yeah..... its great to see what the reactions are going to be like.

Maybe Cpt Nik can provide some closure from MAS' point of view on using these online networking thingy...... My bet is that thay are not allowed....

you guys are makiing a big deal out of nothing. The girls are not naked or exposing any vital parts. Its all cheer leaders and football players on the other side and probably pemuda umno ubderstands this. It all in good nature of sports so view it as such.

you guys are makiing a big deal out of nothing. The girls are not naked or exposing any vital parts. Its all cheer leaders and football players on the other side and probably pemuda umno ubderstands this. It all in good nature of sports so view it as such.

Maybe, but in Islam, the women are required to cover their entire body with the exception of the face and the palm of the hand...and PAS is of course a party upholding Islamic ideals.

Knowing the conservatives, they will make a big deal out of nothing. PAS is in that camp.

Knowing the conservatives, they will make a big deal out of nothing. PAS is in that camp.

Unless Wanita Umno also looking for front page story for their own publicity. Remember the AK short skirt issue?

That's very brave of them to place that pics of girls there, knowing the conservative nature of Malaysia.

Conservative nature of Malaysia .

Now that is a big joke ! have you been to shopping malls lately ?

I guess we need to draw a line when it come to religious matter coupled with bussiness decision and in my humble opinion and the drawing being on a plane not

on a main street in KL should isnt going to turn any heads as far as pemuda UMNO/wanita UMno is concerned.Maybe that plane may not be allowed to fly to Dubai because of the emiratis rule?

There are way more urgent matters to look into like wide spread prostitution with girls from overseas being recruited on KL streets.Thats against all religions

Now that needs attention.

Forged malaysian passports appearing around the world, tarnishing our image, that needs urgent attention.

Also malaysians choosing to overstay and work illegally in certain countries, again tarnishing our image Expecially UK, australia and NZ

Speaking of PAS, I noted that they have been more liberal in their understanding of the enviroment around and may be just the right people to show evryone what true islamic practice is all about given some time ( 10 years) .But before that they must all stop their power fighting for positions within the party.

JUst an opinion.

hi Gavin

There are way more urgent matters to look into like wide spread prostitution with girls from overseas being recruited on KL streets.Thats against all religions

Now that needs attention.

Well, that's an issue that's hard to win if confronted. It's easier to attack AirAsia X for that picture rather than attacking prostitution.

From Tony's shoutout.

Tony Fernandes

Back to work tmw. Feeling myself now. Reply frustrated at how aviation is run in malaysia. We can't get approval yet for seoul nand sydney.

From Tony's shoutout.

Tony Fernandes

Back to work tmw. Feeling myself now. Reply frustrated at how aviation is run in malaysia. We can't get approval yet for seoul nand sydney.

Fly direct from SIN, with well time flight originate from KUL. :good:

Well, that's an issue that's hard to win if confronted. It's easier to attack AirAsia X for that picture rather than attacking prostitution.

That's because prostitutes don't advertise their services on the fuselage of a big plane.

That's because prostitutes don't advertise their services on the fuselage of a big plane.

Thats because they advertise by telling you in front of your face at Bukit Bintang Road. :rolleyes:

From Tony's shoutout.

Tony Fernandes

Pity D7. Why are our government acting like this? D7 presented a case that they'll make KUL and Malaysia a world renowned low cost aviation hub, but it was not supported at all just to protect MH (what other reason?) CORRUPT!

I don't think the reason being is because of the bilateral agreements between Malaysia and Australia and Malaysia and Korea. MH can't even make KUL-ICN daily, so why sabotage others who want to make the route flourish?

I am very dissappointed.

Pity D7. Why are our government acting like this? D7 presented a case that they'll make KUL and Malaysia a world renowned low cost aviation hub, but it was not supported at all just to protect MH (what other reason?) CORRUPT!

I don't think the reason being is because of the bilateral agreements between Malaysia and Australia and Malaysia and Korea. MH can't even make KUL-ICN daily, so why sabotage others who want to make the route flourish?

I am very dissappointed.

They might be just inefficient. You know how difficult it can be with all those redtapes and it depends on the mood of the person you are dealing with also. If the little Napoleans are not in a good mood, then you are in for a hard time. They may not even give two hoots whether MAS sink or fall.

Actually who was the one that rejected D7 application ? Australia/South Korea aviation authority or Malaysia ? Australia is known to be not generous at all in granting traffic rights to foreign carriers.

Edited by Isaac

From Tony's shoutout.

Tony Fernandes

Dato Tony mentioned, "Really frustrated at how aviation is run in Malaysia". So the glitch should be at Malaysia's part.

I think they need to get the nob from Malaysia first before talking to the other party.

Dato Tony mentioned, "Really frustrated at how aviation is run in Malaysia". So the glitch should be at Malaysia's part.

Opps ! Noted.

Well AirAsia's progress will be stunted because some people do not want it to overshadow the national carrier, much the same way as our national car maker Proton is protected from competition. In the long term this policy will harm BOTH MAS and AirAsia - the govt. is short sighted in not able to appreciate this. In the end the country will suffer from the poor govt. decisions.