Icon Important Announcement!

New registrations require administration validation. This may delay registration approvals.

Photo

MAS Privatisation

• Please log in to reply
2079 replies to this topic

#2061 flee

flee
  • Platinum Member
  • 11,242 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 06:33 PM

So, MH said they already received its sixth A330-200 which to be 9M-MTY but the appearance is yet to be seen. Secondly, they shifted delivery of B737 MAX 8 from supposely late quarter of 2019 to 2020.

Yes, I was wondering too - there is no physical sign of the aircraft to date. Maybe they contractually took delivery but the plane is still in storage. It could be the lack of crew that is causing it not to be operational.

B737 Max 8 delivery might be slightly delayed due to CFM not ramping up LEAP production as quickly as planned.

I wonder if MH will be interested to take the Lion Air delivery slots if they carry out their threat to cancel their Max order?

#2062 AzmierulCM

AzmierulCM
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 11:21 PM

Do you guys really think our MAS can take off again or will continue become cash cow for all the malaysian politician?

#2063 Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Mohd Suhaimi Fariz
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 07:51 AM

Do you guys really think our MAS can take off again or will continue become cash cow for all the malaysian politician?

Given that the new PM was the PM that made MAS a politician's cash cow previously, I won't hold my breath.

Just look at how they're dilly-dallying on the widebody fleet replacement order that originally went to Boeing.

#2064 flee

flee
  • Platinum Member
  • 11,242 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 10:05 AM

The airline business is highly competitive internationally - even the best airlines like Cathay Pacific, Qantas, Singapore Airlines, etc. have found the competition tough these past few years.

GLCs tend to have the civil service culture - they are inward looking and it is hard to excel in that sort of environment. Very sad to say, units like MASWings and Firefly are struggling and might be the first to be shut down. They have painted a gloomy picture for 2019. I doubt it very much that MAG in its current state can fly high again.

Just look at how they're dilly-dallying on the widebody fleet replacement order that originally went to Boeing.

That was a (politically expedient) MoU and they were not even serious about it - fleet planning has never been their forte in the past and it does not look like it will change anytime soon!

#2065 Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Mohd Suhaimi Fariz
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 10:47 AM

That was a (politically expedient) MoU and they were not even serious about it - fleet planning has never been their forte in the past and it does not look like it will change anytime soon!

I doubt it. They've been dithering about the decision since 2010, surely now they can make up their bloody minds whether to go with the 787 or the A350.

That MoU was allowed to lapse due to politics, nothing more.

#2066 flee

flee
  • Platinum Member
  • 11,242 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 10:54 AM

I doubt it. They've been dithering about the decision since 2010, surely now they can make up their bloody minds whether to go with the 787 or the A350.

Is it possible that their current crew shortage has meant that a new aircraft order is now put on the back burner? 

Yes, it is probably apt that the MoU that resulted from politics also died from it! Otherwise, MAG might (like in the past), suffer again due to bad political decisions.

#2067 Mushrif A

Mushrif A
  • Platinum Member
  • 3,527 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 10:57 AM

The so-called MoU in the very first place existed only because of politics. That crook Najib had to offer something to Trump during his visit - so that little Malaysia can help the US of A become great again. Just listen to what Najib had to say to Trump about MH buying lots and lots of Boeings.

It was nothing more than a promise to consider buying some 787s, which is probably the truth. It wasnt even a promise to buy. A real order was in all likelihood at least still a couple of major steps away.

And then, theres the issue of financing ...

#2068 flee

flee
  • Platinum Member
  • 11,242 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 11:01 AM

It was nothing more than a promise to consider buying some 787s, which is probably the truth. It wasnt even a promise to buy. A real order was in all likelihood at least still a couple of major steps away.

IIRC, even if the "order" was firm, it was a conversion from an original firm order for B737 Max 8.

#2069 AzmierulCM

AzmierulCM
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 03:27 PM

Given that the new PM was the PM that made MAS a politician's cash cow previously, I won't hold my breath.

Yeah i still remember the day Mahathir brought in Tajuddin ramli in, and also when they sold their catering to lsg/brahim crony thing.

Thats the thing. How long more rakyat have to cover up these s#1t. I feel bad because if people in airasia n airasia x struggle to make money, how did mab with no solid plan want to flourish.

Its really sad looking at our pride of nation crumble and has the slightest chance to survive and also wasting taxpayer money just like that.

#2070 BC Tam

BC Tam
  • Platinum Member
  • 7,341 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 09:53 PM

They've been dithering about the decision since 2010, surely now they can make up their bloody minds whether to go with the 787 or the A350.

It's a horrible thought, but surely they cannot be relying on 2010-era data to make a decision in 2018 (more likely 2019 when deal is done and ink is dry) :D

For sure the dynamics would be very much different for eg. 787-neo vs A350-max

(just saying) :D

#2071 flee

flee
  • Platinum Member
  • 11,242 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 09:58 AM

Maybe CM short circuited their plans with the A359 order? In any case, fleet decisions very much depend upon the business plan. Till now, we are still unclear where MH will be heading. The A330/A350/A380 still has plenty of life in them. So, any new widebody orders can only be decided upon after we know what missions need to be flown in the future MH network

Edited by flee, 19 December 2018 - 09:59 AM.

#2072 BC Tam

BC Tam
  • Platinum Member
  • 7,341 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 10:13 AM

..... "the future MH network"

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: 

#2073 flee

flee
  • Platinum Member
  • 11,242 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 05:40 PM

Sorry, this update somewhat slipped by!

Management changes at Firefly, MAB Kargo, Project Amal

#2074 flee

flee
  • Platinum Member
  • 11,242 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 06:44 PM

Amal by Malaysia Airlines targets 60 pct share of haj, umrah flights

See:

http://bernama.com/e....php?id=1693600

#2075 David.W

David.W
  • Silver Member
  • 254 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:58 AM

I'm wondering wondering if there has been a recent attempt to cut costs on certain flights... Or it's just really bad inconsistent service

Just flew on MH 125 KUL - PER, 5hr+ flight, noticed some things missing - No pillows, only headphone and blankets.

Drinks only served during meal service, no MH peanuts handed out, crew only handed out the brunch which was an option of Nasi Lemak or omelette. I had Nasi Lemak option which was ok. Tasted fine but no anchovy provided, no yogurt only bun and, fruit. My brother next to me had the other option. I won't call it an omelette. Looked like processed food? Looks like egg but was greenish and yellow grey maybe an attempt a fritata? It was bland no sausage, 1 piece looks like a chicken nugget and then some green peas.

Crew didn't bother to come out of the back after meal service to hand out cup of water unless you call the crew.

It's not like they ran out of water or juice. When I went to the back to use the lavatory, I asked for a cup of orange juice and I was handed one.

Is there a new don't care if not requested policy? Service is Malindo level

#2076 KK Lee

KK Lee
  • Platinum Member
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 01:08 AM

I'm wondering wondering if there has been a recent attempt to cut costs on certain flights... Or it's just really bad inconsistent service

Just flew on MH 125 KUL - PER, 5hr+ flight, noticed some things missing - No pillows, only headphone and blankets.

Drinks only served during meal service, no MH peanuts handed out, crew only handed out the brunch which was an option of Nasi Lemak or omelette. I had Nasi Lemak option which was ok. Tasted fine but no anchovy provided, no yogurt only bun and, fruit. My brother next to me had the other option. I won't call it an omelette. Looked like processed food? Looks like egg but was greenish and yellow grey maybe an attempt a fritata? It was bland no sausage, 1 piece looks like a chicken nugget and then some green peas.

Crew didn't bother to come out of the back after meal service to hand out cup of water unless you call the crew.

It's not like they ran out of water or juice. When I went to the back to use the lavatory, I asked for a cup of orange juice and I was handed one.

On recent mh flights, find cabin crews attitude "don't bother", as if we owed them.

If not because of ow ffp points collection, I won't be traveling on mh.

Edited by KK Lee, 21 February 2019 - 01:14 AM.

#2077 affendi osman

affendi osman
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 11:33 AM

Maybe because of one pax with peanut allergy so they didn't serve peanuts?

#2078 chookyan

chookyan
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 01:53 PM

What an international airline??? MAS now only has 2 ticketing offices, it is either in KL Sentral or KLIA..

#2079 KK Lee

KK Lee
  • Platinum Member
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 10:23 PM

Maybe because of one pax with peanut allergy so they didn't serve peanuts?

Mab still served peanuts on my flight 2 days ago.

#2080 Mr.Bandit

Mr.Bandit
  • Silver Member
  • 379 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 11:00 PM

And I confirmed that KUL-PER served the salted peanuts. The anchovies are served in different packet of red colour.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users