MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

MH127 flight rescheduled due to tyre burst

PETALING JAYA: Malaysia Airlines flight MH127 bound for Perth cancelled its take-off due to a suspected tyre burst.

It was initially scheduled to depart KL International Airport at 7.30pm on Sunday when the captain made the decision in the interest of passenger safety.

Just last week their A330 tyre burst in Auckland and waited 24 hours for new tyre from kl

Well, I guess tyres must be very expensive over there and someone forgot to pack in a spare into the boot :p

Just last week their A330 tyre burst in Auckland and waited 24 hours for new tyre from kl

Thought airlines could seek spare parts and technical assistance from each other?

No no I got spare at home. Someone can bring it to me.

No no I got spare at home. Someone can bring it to me.

Guess loss revenue and expenses on delay is on different set of book.

Thought airlines could seek spare parts and technical assistance from each other?

The other airlines may not want to release spares - I recall a case where an EK 777 was delayed in Seattle (of all places!) because DL didn't want to release their part because it's the last spare at SEA, even though it was already installed on the plane.

http://www.seattletimes.com/business/boeing-aerospace/emirates-says-seattle-flight-was-delayed-6-hours-as-delta-withheld-300-spare-part/

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Another B738 to be taken to hanger, I wander how can tyre burst come so fast again as MXN is yet due to be back to the skies after the MH726 tyre burst earlier of the month.

The other airlines may not want to release spares - I recall a case where an EK 777 was delayed in Seattle (of all places!) because DL didn't want to release their part because it's the last spare at SEA, even though it was already installed on the plane.

http://www.seattletimes.com/business/boeing-aerospace/emirates-says-seattle-flight-was-delayed-6-hours-as-delta-withheld-300-spare-part/

Only when there is bad blood between the two airlines.

Didnt know they operate PER flight with 737 if not for this news, always thought it has always been A330 all along.

Temporary fleet adjustment from A330 to B737 during 8 May 2017 until 19 Jun 2017

Sign in to follow this