MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Azman MN

The Winter Spotting Thread

Winter came late this time, had a bit of snow only yesterday but not enough to stay on the ground. But we have had plenty of fog... at least above the fog, the weathe is nice... good time to be in the mountains. But sometimes the fog will lift so that I can do a bit of spotting...

n188dn051106bt7.jpg

n361aa051106mr2.jpg

cfmwq051106rs0.jpg

a7aci051106kj5.jpg

A nasty episode happened when I was shooting the QR. You may have heard about the spotters "hole" through the fence, which the airport authorities have kindly put in for spotters. There are 3 holes facing runway 28, and when I arrived in the morning, 2 were occupied by a couple, who looked like semi-pro spotters. The local rule is first come, first serve. About 5 minutes before the QR started taxiing, some other spotters arrived, and they asked if they could have the hole for a couple of minutes. Being polite we all said ok, trusting the fact that we could ask for it back when we want it. The guy who borrowed my hole took a few shots of the QR taxing, said thanks, and politely let me have my hole back for the money shot. This I assume is the correct etiquette. Suddenly there was a fight - another guy who borrowed the hole the girl was using refused to give it back. A lot of shoving and pushing going on. Wtf? She was there first, and she was kind enough to let him have a few shots of the plane taxiing.. that guy really annoyed me. I was a bit put off by that and left.

Anyway, I came back another day and took some of these:

9mmrh051106ii7.jpg

9vspp051106zn3.jpg

9vspp0511062sn6.jpg

Probably the last few flights for the SQ744 to ZRH before the switch to 773ER

Happy new year Azman....yeah...HeliGrill spot is back on the scene.

Keep the camera warm for this winter Azman...

unfortunately, no Kicap express for me this time yet...maybe i might see you soon in ZRH.

Happy new year Azman....yeah...HeliGrill spot is back on the scene.

Keep the camera warm for this winter Azman...

unfortunately, no Kicap express for me this time yet...maybe i might see you soon in ZRH.

apa lagi, come lah.... this time winter is quite warm... still not yet below freezing like last time... So I am not burning too much Kicap or milo....

What happened to the world's weather now... ??:blink:

I see different 'color' of ZRH than the ones you posted for last winter

... still a lot of green... Global heating?? (no longer 'warming' they said)

and our cabinet has asked the Met Dept to come out with a thorough report

about the current weather situation...

OOpps OT a bit... :pardon:

Weather or not.... very nice shots there Azman... nice QR, no wonder got fights :blink:

Anyway, I came back another day and took some of these:

9mmrh051106ii7.jpg

Happy New Year 2007 Azman :drinks:

Nice close up shots especially those with condensation forming on the wings.

Sad to hear such bad incident over there. Luckily, we don't have "holes" here for us to fight while spotting. :pardon:

Nice shots from ZRH Azman!! ZRH looks so fresh during winter time :good: Might make a trip to ZRH this December or so.....

Keep more coming....

Thanks Gav - something for you:

n659ua311206ad4.jpg

never did notice the flap setting... thanks for pointing it out.

caught the UA767. Next up is the SQ, but heard clearance delivery over the scanner asking them if runway 32 is ok. So I rushed from the heligrill to the Runway 16 line-up spot and got these guys leaving... and the MH potong jalan with a shorter taxi route... ahh to have a house with a view....

9mmrm311206gb8.jpg

9vspa311206ic8.jpg

Azman...Noon Lights still good....i bet sunset by 1630??...sunrise at 0830+..

so if im there in ZRH...i can only spot from 1000-1500...bro, borrow your car pls.. B)

Keep it coming man..

hbjmf301206dp5.jpg

Nice runwaylights reflection on the fuselage...

Great shots, Azman: glad to see ZRH shots again: will I see you (again) on the next A.net meet 02jun07 ? :huh:

To the annoyance of a lot of Dutch, who all went for a 'ski' holiday to Switzerland, not much snow sofar, so more broken bones upon returning to NL :rofl: :rofl:

Azman...Noon Lights still good....i bet sunset by 1630??...sunrise at 0830+..

so if im there in ZRH...i can only spot from 1000-1500...bro, borrow your car pls.. B)

Keep it coming man..

Yeah, sun down at 4.15pm. Those LX343 arrival shots were taken around 3.40pm. One from LAX and the other from NRT, both arrive usually between 3.30pm and 4pm, and the best time to shoot them is just before sunset if you want the mountains in the background to glow a bit. If the sun is on top, then it would be difficult to see the mountains in these pics... I think those shots will be good until early Feb, but from April onwards, might as well wait for the other 340 arrivals at around 7pm (cairo / tel aviv) for a nice sunset pic..

Bro Azman,how long the winter will be lasted?is it still winter by the end of Jan???

My father and I @maybe my brother <_< will be heading to ZRH this Jan...still arguing with my adik who will go to ZRH..cilaka! :angry:

btw,cool shots ...

Bro Azman,how long the winter will be lasted?is it still winter by the end of Jan???

My father and I @maybe my brother <_ will be heading to zrh this jan...still arguing with my adik who go zrh..cilaka src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_mad.gif" alt=":angry:">

btw,cool shots ...

KUL-DXB-ZRH ;)

Winter last till March at least. Last year it was until end of May... first week of June it was still below 10 degrees :help:

You can expect below zero temp in January... maybe you will get lucky and it will only be 5 degrees cold...

Ok still busy processing all my shots from the last couple of months... but here is a teaser... I know someone is at the edge of his seat waiting for this... :p

a6erb3112062ew4.jpg

Ok, ok, hold on, hold on... :yahoo:

a6erb311206smc8.jpg

That day a lot of action with all sorts of runways... EK landing on 14, then LX departure on 34.... I think this is one of the new ones LX got from LH. Probably no PTV in Y... :pardon:

hbiqo311206sje6.jpg

I think this one either from CDG or FRA... must be at FL300 or more...

mhxxdc7.jpg

Then this one departing from 16... they kept on changing the runway...headache..

hbiqg311206scm2.jpg

I think this one either from CDG or FRA... must be at FL300 or more...

mhxxdc7.jpg

Wouldn't FRA be kinda a detour ? :huh: my guess: CDG MH021 ;)

cilakaaaaa.........papa papa rotates! damn awesome!!

had it rotated slightly earlier, it would have been more funky!

happy new year azman!! :drinks:

and i would love to stay in that house where EK touched down.

Sign in to follow this