MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Peter Smith

Walk Around...

Yesterday, thanks to a rather hefty BI delay I had some free time to take my calculator out for a spin. So watch this space for some quick edits of pics I have taken, with the first 2 aircraft featured dedicated to Pieter and the "Borneo Brigade"

ok, ok...time to upload some now. Note, these were done very quickly...

Here is some misc shots to get the ball rolling. This is just a general overview over the Fokker 100's curves...

s.jpg

t.jpg

u.jpg

v.jpg

w.jpg

x.jpg

y.jpg

z.jpg

This is the fuel panel, located in the starboard wing box

fuel.jpg

This is the water panel, sorry, a/c battery is off so no pretty lights on this one. It is located forward of the port side wing

water.jpg

This is the glorius, toilet dump valve's. This is located beneath the number one engine.

toilet.jpg

This is the starboard side retractable landing light. If you look closely enough you can see me taking the picture!

landinglight.jpg

The famous Fokker canoe fairing, showing flap positions.

flap.jpg

This is the forward bulkhold, well part of. Due to the position of the a/c's engines its a rather tail heavy aircraft, thus it is critical that this hold and the first few rows of seats get occupied first. Makes the load plan rather easy for load controllers...fill from the front and work back.

FB.jpg

This is the Rolls Royce Tay 650 which is one of a pair used 9 times a week to take this a/c and its sistership to large BHP owned mine sites in Leinster and Mount Keith (approx 800km each east of PER)

engine.jpg

Both a/c sit patiently waiting for their next sorties in approx 2hrs time

lookon.jpg

The Fokker 100 onboard tour will commence hopefully in just a few nights time...

Enjoy!

Ok, here's one for the Borneo Brigade...conveniently parked across the access road from the two Fokker 100's, was Fokker 50 VH-FNH, so in the blistering Boxing day sun I walked across for some quick snaps...

i.jpg

h.jpg

g.jpg

Fokker 50's impressive wingspan!

f.jpg

e.jpg

The Skywest symbol is meant to reflect the sun glistening through a window, a common site aboard XR aircraft

d.jpg

c.jpg

b.jpg

Nose of "Shire of Carnarvon." For those of who have flown on MH125 or 127 generally the first Australian "city" that you will pass over as you enter the coast for the final stage of your cruise down to majestic Perth city is Carnarvon. It's about 800km north of Perth and famous for its Banana's!

a.jpg

Gibby,

Thanks a lot for sharing :good:

This, truly, is some excellent promotion for the Dutch 'beauties' in Australian dresses :lol:

Never knew the 100's were certified for Etops :o

Looking forward to the promised interior shots ;)

F50~~~!!! F50 forever~~~!!! :lol: Gosh F50 is really a beauty, so beautiful it burn my eyes! (Gibby, Sorry for the aggressiveness) But I just can't contain myself. :lol:

Gibby,

Great shots mate! Echoing Pieter's statement...ETOPS on a F100? Do they do Trans Tasman? Would you need ETOPS capability for that? :blink:

F50~~~!!! F50 forever~~~!!! :lol: Gosh F50 is really a beauty, so beautiful it burn my eyes! (Gibby, Sorry for the aggressiveness) But I just can't contain myself. :lol:

Down boy...DOWN! :rofl:

I'm hoping tonight to go over to do QQ in which case i'll bring along my calculator...really do owe the gent who forced me into buying one as I didn't bring a camera at all to KL a beer...whoever he is :drinks: :rofl:

As for ETOPS certs for F100's, these are the only two birds certified in Australia (I believe first in the world someone once told me also). They were chosen for PER hub over the others in the fleet as it is a requirement for direct PER-CCK and XCH runs, which QQ has been awarded the Immigration charters by the gov't and is expected to take over the RPT side of things when the current gov't contract is up for renewal.

Can someone please give Adrian a tissue, I think he's just made a mess! :rofl:

Cheers guys!

Yesterday thanks to EK arriving early (for once!), I was lucky enough to do a walk around of one type not often seen up close and personal. I was hoping to have the photos for you now, however my calculator was kidnapped by my sister this morning as she was visiting the zoo today :angry: So, hopefully soon I will show you around this "interestingly" schemed a/c, i'll call only "November Niner Niner Niner Niner Mike" :drinks:

Well, I got my calculator back sooner than expected (and unscathed!)

so here it goes...presenting, Gulfstream IV N9999M, "The Ugly Bandit"

Let start at the nose

noseclose.jpg

nose-1.jpg

1qtrnose.jpg

1qtrsideallac.jpg

and nose gear

nosegear.jpg

Making our way around you see the side on profile on what is normally a lovely jet

sideon.jpg

sideonslightdiff.jpg

Close up of the starboard winglet

lookupwinglet.jpg

closeupwinglet.jpg

And the Rolls Royce Tay 611 which powers this bird

3qtrrearclose.jpg

RRtay.jpg

Large fin fitted to this Gulfstream

lookupfin.jpg

assup.jpg

3/4 rear for a different prospective

3qtrrear.jpg

The empennage section of this photogenic bird

empennage.jpg

And the left hand main gear

maingear-1.jpg

And back at the front, showing that awesome nose on profile of this jet!

headon.jpg

And that concludes this tour of a Gulfstream IV, enjoy! HAPPY NEW YEAR! :drinks:

Some interesting and real nice angles of a great biz-jet, Gibby :good: :drinks:

Thanks for sharing these wonderful shots with is here ;)

Wish I could enjoy the same sunny and warm conditions as you're in right now :pardon:

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

I like the Gulfstream IV's reg. "N9999M" :p :D

Nice pictures Liam Gibb :good: :drinks:

Edited by Andrew Ong

Sign in to follow this