Icon Important Announcement!

New registrations require administration validation. This may delay registration approvals.
Reach out to us on our Facebook Page for faster approvals

Photo

MH 737 max 8 poll

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Poll: cancel max 8 order (45 member(s) have cast votes)

should MH switch its order to A320 neo

1. maintain current frame order of Max (17 votes [37.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.78%

2. convert current max frames to 787/777/797 & switch to n/b order to A320neo (28 votes [62.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Ja Singh

Ja Singh
  • Gold Member
  • 505 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 07:19 AM

Because it's mass hysteria brought on by uninformed media sources.

I've said it once, I'll say it again - if there's anything inherently wrong with the MAX, we'd be seeing far more crashes already. But here's the thing, look at who crashed the MAX - Lion Air, which has a history of crashes & accidents, and Ethiopian, who crashed a 737-800 under similar circumstances back in 2010.

Plus the American government is currently dysfunctional. If this had happened during any other president's watch, the MAX would definitely be flying by now.

I ask you, why aren't we seeing more MAX crashes? Why is it that we're not seeing Southwest, American or Air Canada, the three airline with the most MAX 8 fleet have zero crashes between them?

As I see it you've not read in-depth about the issues plaguing the max 8 and the rush to put in in service to compete with the A320neo,thus cutting many corners.Instead blame the airlines which is very wrong on your part.Yes Lion air has tainted safety record but in this case its a different story all together.Just look at it as a individual catastrophe and read up and you will understand better with with what was/is wrong with the max 8 stall characteristics needing the introduction of flawed software,MCAS t be precise.

Here is a list of flaws by boeing and the max 8:

1. Not training or informing pilots/FAA about MCAS,reason being no need to retain so save money,only 1 hour lesson on IPAD for transition from 800 to max.The Lion air pilots never knew this software existed on their aircraft as they weren't informed.

2.Only using ONE reading from the angle of attack sensor to activate MCAS despite having 2 AOA sensors.(Only from the side of the flying pilot)

3.Warning light in cockpit which alerts pilots if the readings from the 2 AOA sensors differ widely (hence if one is faulty as in the case of Lion air) was not installed as standard equipment,but as optional hence airlines would have to pay for it extra for such an important tool of safety.

4. FAA was informed that MCAS only moves the horizontal tail by 0.6 degrees but boeing realised during flight test it wasn't enough to avert a high speed stall and thus changed that to 2.5 degrees without informing anyone including FAA.

Here is an amazing documentary on other issues that led to the  creation of max 8:

I would appreciate if you can watch it and get a better understanding of the situation at hand as the world sees it  and after that I would like to hear if you still think that what you wrote above is the reality,Suhaimi.So please watch first and then let us know.thanks

#42 Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Mohd Suhaimi Fariz
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 08:04 AM

As I see it you've not read in-depth about the issues plaguing the max 8 and the rush to put in in service to compete with the A320neo,thus cutting many corners.Instead blame the airlines which is very wrong on your part.Yes Lion air has tainted safety record but in this case its a different story all together.Just look at it as a individual catastrophe and read up and you will understand better with with what was/is wrong with the max 8 stall characteristics needing the introduction of flawed software,MCAS t be precise.

Here is a list of flaws by boeing and the max 8:

1. Not training or informing pilots/FAA about MCAS,reason being no need to retain so save money,only 1 hour lesson on IPAD for transition from 800 to max.The Lion air pilots never knew this software existed on their aircraft as they weren't informed.

2.Only using ONE reading from the angle of attack sensor to activate MCAS despite having 2 AOA sensors.(Only from the side of the flying pilot)

3.Warning light in cockpit which alerts pilots if the readings from the 2 AOA sensors differ widely (hence if one is faulty as in the case of Lion air) was not installed as standard equipment,but as optional hence airlines would have to pay for it extra for such an important tool of safety.

4. FAA was informed that MCAS only moves the horizontal tail by 0.6 degrees but boeing realised during flight test it wasn't enough to avert a high speed stall and thus changed that to 2.5 degrees without informing anyone including FAA.

Here is an amazing documentary on other issues that led to the  creation of max 8:

I would appreciate if you can watch it and get a better understanding of the situation at hand as the world sees it  and after that I would like to hear if you still think that what you wrote above is the reality,Suhaimi.So please watch first and then let us know.thanks

I've read all that is there to be read, and I've watched all that's there to be read. And my opinion remains the same.

The aircraft is not unairworthy, not then and definitely not now.

#43 Ja Singh

Ja Singh
  • Gold Member
  • 505 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 10:42 AM

737 MAX Ferry Flight Blocked From German Airspace (Not Lion air Or Ethiopian Airlines)

https://liveandletsf...erman-airspace/

Edited by Ja Singh, 16 June 2019 - 10:44 AM.

#44 Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Mohd Suhaimi Fariz
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 08:44 AM

737 MAX Ferry Flight Blocked From German Airspace (Not Lion air Or Ethiopian Airlines)

https://liveandletsf...erman-airspace/

And this proves what exactly?

#45 Ja Singh

Ja Singh
  • Gold Member
  • 505 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 10:39 AM

And this proves what exactly?

Read the article and you will understand what it proves.

#46 Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Mohd Suhaimi Fariz
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 01:14 PM

Read the article and you will understand what it proves.

I've read the article and it proves nothing, just that Germans don't allow MAX ferry flights. What does that prove?

The article itself said that the plane made it to Stockholm, so I guess other European countries feel that the MAX is safe enough to at least fly around their airspace.

#47 Jeremiah Wong

Jeremiah Wong
  • Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 05:24 PM

I've read the article and it proves nothing, just that Germans don't allow MAX ferry flights. What does that prove?

The article itself said that the plane made it to Stockholm, so I guess other European countries feel that the MAX is safe enough to at least fly around their airspace.

If it’s indeed safe it would have been operational by now. If you’ve not already known, Boeing’s ceo said they’re humbled by the crash and will continue to learn from their mistakes.

#48 Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Mohd Suhaimi Fariz
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:55 PM

If it’s indeed safe it would have been operational by now. If you’ve not already known, Boeing’s ceo said they’re humbled by the crash and will continue to learn from their mistakes.

Just because it's not operational, doesn't mean it's not safe. That's a fallacy. You do realize that there are bureaucratic hassles that they need to deal with? Considering how dysfunctional the US government is at the moment, I'm not surprised that it's taking them so long.

As for Muilenburg's statement, of course he's going to say that. But that doesn't mean they designed an aircraft that was inherently unsafe to the point that mass hysteria is warranted.

#49 Jeremiah Wong

Jeremiah Wong
  • Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 07:17 PM

Just because it's not operational, doesn't mean it's not safe. That's a fallacy. You do realize that there are bureaucratic hassles that they need to deal with? Considering how dysfunctional the US government is at the moment, I'm not surprised that it's taking them so long.

As for Muilenburg's statement, of course he's going to say that. But that doesn't mean they designed an aircraft that was inherently unsafe to the point that mass hysteria is warranted.

Clearly you haven’t been following the news. It’s known fact that the MAX has design error. Don’t get me started on the MCAS. The FAA was so dysfunctional that they allow Boeing to do whatever they want, literally no choice. Ever since the second crash, the government stepped in and sacked the FAA director and replaced it with a retired Delta pilot. Was the FAA or the government being dysfunctional?

#50 Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Mohd Suhaimi Fariz
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 07:46 PM

Clearly you haven’t been following the news. It’s known fact that the MAX has design error. Don’t get me started on the MCAS. The FAA was so dysfunctional that they allow Boeing to do whatever they want, literally no choice. Ever since the second crash, the government stepped in and sacked the FAA director and replaced it with a retired Delta pilot. Was the FAA or the government being dysfunctional?

There's no denying that Boeing made a mistake in not providing redundant backups, but that doesn't make the aircraft inherently unsafe. The so-called design error didn't make the aircraft inherently unworthy. Same with the MCAS. Remember, no one single factor causes a crash, it's a chain of factors that contribute to a crash, and if any one of those chains were eliminated, the crash may have been avoided.

Also, you do realize that the FAA head slot was empty since January 2018 because the term of the previous head appointed under the Obama administration had ended? So the appointment was not because the FAA head was sacked due to the MAX crash, it's because they only got around to nominate the FAA head after all the hoopla started!

#51 Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Mohd Suhaimi Fariz
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 05:39 AM

IAG orders 200 737MAX.

https://boeing.media...7-MAX-Airplanes

#52 Ja Singh

Ja Singh
  • Gold Member
  • 505 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 11:17 AM

You're right there. The most concerning design flaw is is due to the big engines and their higher position,the plane tends to pitch up on take off,and to make matters worst the nacelles then tend to work "as a wing" and give the plane "a lift effect",  And the lift they produce is well ahead of the wing’s center of lift, meaning the nacelles will cause the 737 Max at a high angle of attack to go to a even "higher angle of attack". Hence the nacelles makes a bad problem worse.

It will be interesting to see if the max 10 doesn't inherit this characteristics as it will have a longer fuselage,perhaps, hopefully?

#53 Chris Tan

Chris Tan
  • Gold Member
  • 844 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 11:20 AM

It will be interesting to see if the max 10 doesn't inherit this characteristics as it will have a longer fuselage,perhaps, hopefully?

Guess we'll have to wait for the next article to become experts on the Max 10!

#54 Mushrif A

Mushrif A
  • Platinum Member
  • 3,552 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 11:29 AM

IAG orders 200 737MAX.

https://boeing.media...7-MAX-Airplanes

No it didnt.

#55 Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Mohd Suhaimi Fariz
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 11:38 AM

No it didnt.

IAG LoIs have a high chance of turning into an order. Argue all you like, but they wouldn't even be thinking about an LoI if they're not convinced about the MAX.

#56 Ja Singh

Ja Singh
  • Gold Member
  • 505 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 12:37 PM

You should forward your concerns to Boeing and industry leaders. These CEOs need to know the truth!

"Guess we'll have to wait for the next article to become experts on the Max 10!"

Klia seems to be sliding lower and lower as years go past by on world airport ranking.What are some of the basic ideas that can be implemented for passengers to improve the services.posted by ja singh Chris Tan responded

Posted 09 April 2019 - 02:34 AM

1) Place a gigantic teddy bear in the middle of the MTB
2) Convert the little patch of rainforest in the centre of the Satellite into a massive waterfall
3) Upholster the benches with Nappa leather
4) Turn the roof of the Satellite into a huge hibiscus garden to showcase our national pride.
5) Replace that wretched aerotrain system with a maglev rail line.
6) Quadruple the PSC so we can beat Singapore in taxes, too.
Any other ideas?

Hey Chris,well at least I read meaningful publications/articles on aviation and not throw empty bullets/personal attacks at other, like  as per your comment/s above to me.And by the way the Boeing CEO did apologize in the end,much later albeit.The problem was that he knew the concerns all along from day 1 ,just you didn't,hence why you asked me to forward the concerns to him.But wasn't me who told him.lol

https://arstechnica....737-max-deaths/

Edited by Ja Singh, 19 June 2019 - 12:52 PM.

#57 Ja Singh

Ja Singh
  • Gold Member
  • 505 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 01:13 PM

Guess we'll have to wait for the next article to become experts on the Max 10!

Hopefully you too will do some meaning full reading too..

Edited by Ja Singh, 19 June 2019 - 01:15 PM.

#58 jahur

jahur
  • Gold Member
  • 921 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 04:28 PM

When Airbus released the sidestick with dual input design nobody in the public yapps about it and is still a problem up to this date.. When atr designed a too simple anti ice system nobody yapps about it too until it was too late. The a330 was designed in a way of of uncomfortable steep nose up approaches, a lot crews were complaining but nobody in the industry yapp about it as well.

#59 Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Mohd Suhaimi Fariz
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 05:56 PM

When Airbus released the sidestick with dual input design nobody in the public yapps about it and is still a problem up to this date.. When atr designed a too simple anti ice system nobody yapps about it too until it was too late. The a330 was designed in a way of of uncomfortable steep nose up approaches, a lot crews were complaining but nobody in the industry yapp about it as well.

Because it wasn't an inherent danger. It didn't make the aircraft inherently unairworthy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users