MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mushrif A

MH 772 to SIN from July

Just want to share this small pointer:

from July, MH will deploy its 772 on the SIN route, at least 3x per wk to replace the 333 on the morning 8am run from KUL.

Anybody know what brought about this upgrade? 333 doing HMV?

Too bad the rest of the SIN flights continue to be serviced by the ancient 734.

The last time I recall when MH 772 were doing scheduled SIN runs, the 772s still had an F cabin.

Just want to share this small pointer:

from July, MH will deploy its 772 on the SIN route, at least 3x per wk to replace the 333 on the morning 8am run from KUL.

Anybody know what brought about this upgrade? 333 doing HMV?

Too bad the rest of the SIN flights continue to be serviced by the ancient 734.

The last time I recall when MH 772 were doing scheduled SIN runs, the 772s still had an F cabin.

Too little too late, Had this been done when SQ A330 were not servicing KUL would have meant something.

333 to 772 is a downgrade...............well just a few seats, but still :pardon:

May be it's more economical?

Why A333 to 772 is a downgrade?

There are less seats compare to 333.

Edited by Seth K

Too little too late, Had this been done when SQ A330 were not servicing KUL would have meant something.

I dont think MH introduced the 772 to the route with a view to take pax away from SQ.

Bear in mind that the 772 service is only on a few days of the week and only on the first flight out to SIN from KUL by a legacy airline.

Maybe the normal MH 330 had to do a HMV.

Btw, the SQ 330 are not longer serving KUL since May - its back to usual SRx series 772.

exactly ..SIA is serving the route using 772 .. whereas MH still on 734... huge different

333 to 772 is a downgrade...............well just a few seats, but still :pardon:

May be it's more economical?

The meaning of the terrm downgrade/upgrade depends on couple of factors:

1. Size of a/c

772 and A330 are both widebody jets of approximately the same size and pax capacity. No winners.

2, Whether is ir a long haul product or a medium haul product.

Here 772 clearly beats A330.

3. On boaed IFE and seats

MH 772 as a long haul product has clearly beter IFE (AVOD) /seats than A330. So it beats the MH A330

So in all sence if an MH 772 is swapped for A330 it is an upgrade,

The meaning of the terrm downgrade/upgrade depends on couple of factors:

1. Size of a/c

772 and A330 are both widebody jets of approximately the same size and pax capacity. No winners.

2, Whether is ir a long haul product or a medium haul product.

Here 772 clearly beats A330.

3. On boaed IFE and seats

MH 772 as a long haul product has clearly beter IFE (AVOD) /seats than A330. So it beats the MH A330

So in all sence if an MH 772 is swapped for A330 it is an upgrade,

1. 333 is a clear winner, although by small margin.

2. KUL-SIN is a short haul no matter what.

3. No IFE for KUL-SIN.

But again, everyone would prefer to be in 772 with all the extra stuff it has....I would prefer to be in their 333 bcuz of the legroom.

Edited by Seth K

1. 333 is a clear winner, although by small margin.

2. KUL-SIN is a short haul no matter what.

3. No IFE for KUL-SIN.

But again, everyone would prefer to be in 772 with all the extra stuff it has....I would prefer to be in their 333 bcuz of the legroom.

Sorry Seth but your personal preference of MH A330 over MH 772 does not make it a downgrade.

Sorry Seth but your personal preference of MH A330 over MH 772 does not make it a downgrade.

Based on Seth's definition, it is a downgrade. Less seat-capacity on the 772.

Most airlines, when making changes to routes or aircraft type, tend to focus on the more/less seats and/or frequencies offered.

Based on Seth's definition, it is a downgrade. Less seat-capacity on the 772.

Most airlines, when making changes to routes or aircraft type, tend to focus on the more/less seats and/or frequencies offered.

A330 to 734 + Downgrade

777 to 734 - Downgrade

Lets compare the other 2:

MH Roll Royce powered 777

Business Class: 62.0" pitch 18.5"width 35 Lie-flat seats

Economy Class: 34.0" pitch 17.0"width 247 seats

MH A330

Business Class: 45.0" 18.5" 44 Standard seats with 9 inches of recline More Info

Economy Class: 34.0" 17.0" 250 seats with 6 inches of recline and footrests

So Economy on T7 actually increases by 3, VERDICT = UPGRADE

62 inch lie flat beds decrease by 8 to standard 45 inch seat. Verdict = Downgrade

Hence the best term to be used in this instance is Change of equipment/Change of aircraft

Because no airline company would downgrade a plane for the sake of 6 seats unless a maintainance issue as you suggested ( Mushrif) warrants a replacement hence similiar availabe equipment as far as the capacity is concerned.

Edited by jadivindra

opps tried to edit the error but did not work. :mellow: :mellow:

opps tried to edit the error but did not work. :mellow: :mellow:

MH Roll Royce powered 777

Business Class: 62.0" pitch 18.5"width 35 Lie-flat seats

Economy Class: 34.0" pitch 17.0"width 247 seats

MH A330

Business Class: 45.0" 18.5" 44 Standard seats with 9 inches of recline More Info

Economy Class: 34.0" 17.0" 250 seats with 6 inches of recline and footrests

Somehow the EY on 333 does feel to have more legroom compared to the 772. In fact i'm quite certain that the legroom on MAS 333 is more than MAS 772. This could be because of the thicker seat on MAS 772.

Somehow the EY on 333 does feel to have more legroom compared to the 772. In fact i'm quite certain that the legroom on MAS 333 is more than MAS 772. This could be because of the thicker seat on MAS 772.

Yup you are right I think the seats are thicker and also there is boxes under some 772 seats which hold IFE cables which makes leg room more resrtricted.

Got the info from Seat guru. Must be wrong I guess

Many of the informations in seatguru.com are wrong.

I dont have any fact to share and idea on argument either down/upgrade or what ever term been used...

But as far I remember and know,, MH's T7 had experienced very optimum usage or even more than other WB MH's fleet since economy criss started...

Now MH will deploy to SIN also EWR-ARN sector which previously operated by A330 and B747 respectively...But at same time,, correct if i wrong,, i don't heard any news that MH stop/reducing frequency any of T7 sector since last year...Last destination could be Zurich I believe,, or could be Japanese destinations and Aussie route...

So mean pilot of T7 most busy with they roster than B747 pilot I guess...On other hand,, it something show that MH need new replacement WB with 773..hehehe... :db: :db:

That could be reason why we less heard about TK lately...hehehe...

Now MH will deploy to SIN also EWR-ARN sector which previously operated by A330 and B747 respectively...

Good lord... The A330 flew to ARN?! :mellow:

EDIT: Silly me only after I posted then i realised what you meant. Please disregard.....

Edited by Ryan Soh

But not very very long ago, MH's 330s (but with 3 cabins, and less pitch in J) did fly all the way to Madrid. via IST and DXB.

Maybe MH distributed painkillers with those hot towel(ette)s.

But not very very long ago, MH's 330s (but with 3 cabins, and less pitch in J) did fly all the way to Madrid. via IST and DXB.

Maybe MH distributed painkillers with those hot towel(ette)s.

Now that they have installed drop down screens and changed the cushion covers ( Refurbished in MH terms) they could possibly redeploy the aircraft back to madrid via middle east.

The only problem this time around is that the middle eastern cariers will eat them for breakfast with their new equipment, making Mh pax feel like they are from a flinstone cartoon.