MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ken K. Kour

Boeing 777-200LR In AKL

his extract is from the Airport company's website.

The Boeing 777-200LR Worldliner - the world's longest-range commercial aircraft will visit Auckland Airport this week as part of its "Going the Distance" tour. The 777-200LR will be the longest-range commercial aircraft when it enters service early next year, and will visit more than 20 cities around the world on the current tour.

The aircraft will arrive at Auckland Airport from Sydney at around 3pm Tuesday 19 July and will depart for a non-stop flight to Mexico City at around 2pm on Thursday 21 July.

At around 1.30pm on Wednesday, the aircraft is scheduled to perform a series of 'touch-and-go' maneuvers. Members of the public who are interested in seeing the aircraft take off and land will be able to do so from:

> the public observation deck in the main international terminal;

> the public observation deck at the Air New Zealand domestic terminal; or,

> the public viewing points on Puhinui Road.

Please note that all times are approximate, and may be subject to change due to operational requirements.

Boeing says that the aircraft has the range to fly Auckland - New York direct. It has an all-up range of 17,454km. Later this year, the Worldliner will attempt to set a new world record for distance traveled nonstop by a commercial aircraft. The current record -- 10,823 nautical miles (20,044 kilometers) -- was set in 1997 by the 777-200ER (Extended Range).

Get your camera's ready. Can't wait to look through it on Thursday morning.

Just to give you guys heads up... even though im in AKL.. sadly cant go

:( :( .. wanna cry now...

hopefully SV Choong is around to get some shots!!

all the best

Thanks for the news Ken, I can't get time off work to have a look at my beloved aircraft - 777-200LR. A bit busy at work really...

Saw the news last night on TV3 about the 777-200LR though. Boeing had also put a 1 whole page advertisement on the NZ Herald showing off their 777-200LR capable for flying Auckland - New York direct and non-stop!

I was going to see her this morning but found from jetspotter.com that she is parked at Stand 17 near Gate 1 at NZAA, which is not much you can see from the observation deck and therefore not much of point to see her at all.

Hope you have a good time at Hawkes Bay and the Waikato region.

10,823 nautical miles (20,044 kilometers) -- was set in 1997 by the 777-200ER (Extended Range).

2512[/snapback]

sett by our very own MRA right if i'm not mistaken

Gavin, I forgot what record it was, but it was not as significant as the record which 9M-MRA hold. It has something to do with the aircraft delivery probably went a different route than 9M-MRA. I am sure someone from MAS can clarify this, especially TK.

The 777-200LR which visited AKL has rego as N6066Z. There is another 777-200LR which has rego N60659. So I guess the call sign must be related to N6066Z?

No Gavin, as I mentioned earlier. Unfortunately the a/c was parked on Stand 17 near Gate 1 at NZAA, we can barely see it. So there is not much of point seeing it. I can't get time off work during that day as I was a bit tied up. I did regret not being able to see her though.

they should! and they always underestimate MH. like after MH ordered T7 and additional 744s, then only they brought the T7 (in UA colors at that time) to SZB. if i am not mistaken in 1995.

Did they send the 777-200LR to Bangkok for Thai Airways to have a good look at their mistakes on ordering the A340-500? :p

They probably assumed that the MH team will visit the a/c at SIN?

They often send the a/c to Australia to let Qantas to have a look. To date Qantas had ordered 0 number of the 777!!

I mean how can they underestimate MAS and took Air NZ seriously? MAS has far more a/c and potential than Air NZ. They sent 777-300ER for Air NZ to have a good look too. Really, the 777-200ER is enough for Air NZ and I won't see Air NZ flying Auckland - New York with a 777-200LR direct at all.

Who are the five customers of the Boeing 777-200LR? Pakistan, EVA Air and who else?

Guest Fendy
Who are the five customers of the Boeing 777-200LR?  Pakistan, EVA Air and who else?

3025[/snapback]

PIA

EVA Air

Air India

Air Canada

Jet Airways?

Qatar?

Fendy,

Air Canada ?

didn't they cancel them along with the 787 ? :o

Guest Fendy
Fendy,

Air Canada ?

didn't they cancel them along with the 787 ?  :o

3087[/snapback]

they could have... then it makes more sense as it adds up to five customers. i mentioned AC because i distinctly remember seeing a picture of the 777LR with AC's logo on the side along with PIA, EVA and AI.

Sign in to follow this