MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Hon Kit

Malaysia Airlines A350 Thread

Happy New Year 2018 to all MWingers!

Tracking MH2607 (operared by -MAC) back to KUL just now. The cruising altitude is quite high at FL430. Is it common for this kind of aircraft?

not sure with the actual POB for MH2607, but as MH2614 is quite heavy loaded as it took longer runway to stop the aircraft, or maybe the crew missed the view of Terminal 2. :acute:

no doubt the best looking aircrafts now in MH’s fleet will be the A350.

Indeed. Even better if the 350 had the nose of the 787, then we've got a winner in the aesthetics department :good:

saw 9M-MAC parked at the same spot from 28 dec till 31 dec at the main terminal, not sure if this plane is used for any proving flights

Currently, the plane is used for proving flights to PEN and BKI.

Currently, the plane is used for proving flights to PEN and BKI.

They are actually not proving flights, but familiarisation flights for the tech and cabin crews. Proving flight was only done once by 9M-MAB, KUL-BKI-KCH-KUL

They are actually not proving flights, but familiarisation flights for the tech and cabin crews. Proving flight was only done once by 9M-MAB, KUL-BKI-KCH-KUL

Oh I see. My bad...😁

saw 9M-MAC parked at the same spot from 28 dec till 31 dec at the main terminal, not sure if this plane is used for any proving flights

Yup it was. I was in it for about 45 minutes in Row 1 (along with an elderly couple) yesterday. Pushed back and was told that the plane had a technical problem and had to be towed back to gate and my flight was canceled. I flew in 9M-MAB an hour later but in Row 6 since Row 1 was fully occupied.

Edited by Craig

I cannot but help notice that 9M-MAB and 9M-MAC have been like habitually an hour or two behind schedule during their 'run-in' stints on the regional flights. Hopefully this has been factored in and is not indicative of any operational issues. After all, it's not long to go before they unleash the birds on the real mission they are intended for - LHR. I hope they get things right, first time, everytime :)

I cannot but help notice that 9M-MAB and 9M-MAC have been like habitually an hour or two behind schedule during their 'run-in' stints on the regional flights. Hopefully this has been factored in and is not indicative of any operational issues. After all, it's not long to go before they unleash the birds on the real mission they are intended for - LHR. I hope they get things right, first time, everytime :)

They set the turnaround of the a350 to 1hour when their a333 and b772 are using turnaround of 1hour 30minutes. While Boarding the passengers can be done on time, it is loading cargo pellets that's taking up longer most of the time delaying the turnaround.

On another note the BKK flight today has been subbed by an a333 guess the a350 gone tech again?

Edited by jahur

There were two engineer onboard on my recent flight. Spoke to them about it, they mention there are some minor electrical issue as they weren't so stable as of now.

However , I did nothing but prayed hard . Managed to secure row 1 seat. J class were barely half full .

Cabin crew were very surprised I got the seat as they said no one ever had seated there prior to that flight .

They set the turnaround of the a350 to 1hour when their a333 and b772 are using turnaround of 1hour 30minutes. While Boarding the passengers can be done on time, it is loading cargo pellets that's taking up longer most of the time delaying the turnaround.

On another note the BKK flight today has been subbed by an a333 guess the a350 gone tech again?

I thought Sunday evenings, the 359 does SIN; and BKK is not scheduled for Fri and Sun.

There were two engineer onboard on my recent flight. Spoke to them about it, they mention there are some minor electrical issue as they weren't so stable as of now.

However , I did nothing but prayed hard . Managed to secure row 1 seat. J class were barely half full .

Cabin crew were very surprised I got the seat as they said no one ever had seated there prior to that flight .

Retaining row 1 is no longer uncommon these days. Seems MH has been allowing folks to retain the seat.

Had 1K on my PEN-KUL earlier today. Nice experience though the flight was a short one

Was the seat as crampy as it looked?

The seat itself is a bit narrow, but the suite doesn't feel too cramped even with the door closed. Lots of storage space to make up for the narrow seat. Oh, and the buddy seat is gone since the ottoman doesn't have a seatbelt anymore.

The seat itself is a bit narrow, but the suite doesn't feel too cramped even with the door closed. Lots of storage space to make up for the narrow seat. Oh, and the buddy seat is gone since the ottoman doesn't have a seatbelt anymore.

Is the seat leather or fabric?

Is the seat leather or fabric?

Fabric. 1A is probably the best seat in F, slightly forward with the 2 windows closer to you than 1K and more private.

..... 1A is located slightly further upfront than the other three F seats.

So technically, one would arrive at destination ahead of other passengers :)

I am guessing that they just wanted the crew to get some familiarization before flying further, which was the original intend. What they did was take out a B738 flying that route and plug in the A350 without adjusting the schedule or cancel/combine any flight. Most of the equipment upgrade is by cancelling one and combine into 2. Everything should be back to normal after 14 Jan.

However, looking back at the record on FR24, 9M-MAC's first flight to PEN since 2 Jan has always been late which is puzzling. Delay ranged from 15 mins to 2 hours. If this happens high chance the subsequent flight will also be delayed.