Icon Important Announcement!

New registrations require administration validation. This may delay registration approvals.

Photo

Melaka spotting

• Please log in to reply
506 replies to this topic

#1 Simon

Simon
  • Platinum Member
  • 6,042 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 08:21 PM

Ok guys, see what i can catch in Melaka tongue.gif

Today me & Louis rush to the Batu Berendam Airport to catch Riau Airlines knowing it departed from Pekan Baru, Indonesia at 1625. The flight takes about 2hours. By the time we arrived there, it was already landed sad.gif So we decided to take some pics at the fence beside the terminal.

This is what i got:

Pilot in the making :

And then we were told by the guard it will depart shortly. So we drove to the other side to catch the take-off.

Just on time...the a/c positioning

...and

There all for today....nothing much to spot here tongue.gif

Edited by Simon, 04 July 2008 - 08:24 PM.

#2 Chaity

Chaity
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 08:47 PM

Good catch wor Simon in Melaka. clapping.gif
Didn't know that Riau airlines is flying to Melaka. Saw their F50 in KUL years ago before they axed the route. dry.gif
I think they plane landed in wrong place as Melaka is not Kampar. pardon.gif

Not bad, the guard there even informed you guys about the departure and not ask you guys to "beredar".

Keep the Melaka spotting thread alive by adding more photos from time to time. drinks.gif

#3 Tamizi Hj Tamby

Tamizi Hj Tamby
  • Platinum Member
  • 5,678 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 08:49 PM

Wah,Simon clapping.gif

Now you're the taiko of Melaka hi.gif

#4 Simon

Simon
  • Platinum Member
  • 6,042 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (Chaity @ Jul 4 2008, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good catch wor Simon in Melaka. clapping.gif
Didn't know that Riau airlines is flying to Melaka. Saw their F50 in KUL years ago before they axed the route. dry.gif
I think they plane landed in wrong place as Melaka is not Kampar. pardon.gif

Not bad, the guard there even informed you guys about the departure and not ask you guys to "beredar".

Keep the Melaka spotting thread alive by adding more photos from time to time. drinks.gif

Thanks laugh.gif The guard(A lady) did ask me some questions, "You dari mana? Ambar gambar untuk buat apa?". My reply, "Saya dari Melaka, Hobby la".

She smiles at me & Louis and nodd smile.gif rofl.gif

QUOTE (Tamizi Hj Tamby @ Jul 4 2008, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wah,Simon clapping.gif

Now you're the taiko of Melaka hi.gif

Jangan.....laugh.gif rofl.gif

#5 Meor

Meor

BKI Spotters

• Platinum Member
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:48 PM

Finally we have another "Taiko"... hehehe... yahoo.gif

#6 Desmond C

Desmond C
  • Gold Member
  • 962 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:52 PM

Nice, Simon, Riau Airline. drinks.gif Wah, this year is indonesia's turn. Visit Indon year 08. cool.gif
Louis, no photos kah?

#7 Ibrahim

Ibrahim

3D Artist

• Platinum Member
  • 4,175 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:04 PM

WaaaaHHhhHH~!!! Mallaca also got spotting thread ahhh~!!! good.gifgood.gif

I think that F50 is the biggest 'pax aircraft' in oparate Mallaca right~???

Kawan Kawan Let Go to MallacaLah~??? That F50 nose already kill me.. Kampar in Klang right~?

#8 Simon

Simon
  • Platinum Member
  • 6,042 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (Ibrahim @ Jul 4 2008, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WaaaaHHhhHH~!!! Mallaca also got spotting thread ahhh~!!! good.gifgood.gif

I think that F50 is the biggest 'pax aircraft' in oparate Mallaca right~???

Kawan Kawan Let Go to MallacaLah~??? That F50 nose already kill me.. Kampar in Klang right~?

You are right, that's the biggest aircraft laugh.gif Currently the airport is under expansion, should be ready by 2010. Tony will be sending his fleet there in the future laugh.gif drinks.gif

#9 Ignatius

Ignatius

I have an Addiction!!

• Platinum Member
  • 5,151 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 11:04 PM

I was bemuse by the title Malacca spotting.. Great stuff Taiko 1:400 cum Taiko Malacca Spotter hehe..
More more more.. haha.. and i believe your jpeg compression is abit high, try a lower compression.. then ur pix.. syiok kao kao!! woo wooo hooo yahoo.gif

QUOTE (Simon @ Jul 4 2008, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pilot in the making :

Is his door not properly closed?? blink.gif

#10 Chee Yong

Chee Yong
  • Gold Member
  • 797 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 11:47 PM

Wah! Melaka spotting thread created... Didn't have time to get there when Louis inform me while I having class on that time..
I hope we will continue to expand this thread.

#11 Louis L.

Louis L.
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 05:14 AM

it was indeed a great and tiring day for me ( friday ) ...... had to entertain my friends that came all the way from sabah , bring them jalan jalan before they continue their journey to singapore . Then 3.30 pm head for class till 4.30 , take a short break then continue to go malacca airport to spot the intended target , Riau Airlines F50 with Simon. My day does not end after spotting , went straight to cinema to catch Hancock , then went for a minum session , although was eager to come back and edit those shots and post it as soon as possible , had no choice , movie ticket has been bought priorly

anyway , Yes!, this was my first official spotting session at MKZ yahoo.gif , indeed it offer me a differend kind of spotting and different thrill tongue.gif , catching one plane also hard rofl.gif .

Reach airport around 6.15 pm , Riau PK-RAS alrdy at the apron , a bit dissapointed coz we were hoping to catch her on final . But anyway , shot at apron will do , and yes , my closest F50 spotting experience , feel like can touch with my hand tongue.gif , joking la rofl.gif

anyway , here are my shots

first time seeing yahoo.gif , hahaha , i was sooo excited to see her biggrin.gif , it is strange , frankly , seeing a F50 at BKI is really different from seeing a F50 at MKZ .

sorry bout the cons sorry.gif

since we only have one plane to spot , try to shot as many tongue.gif , so this is suppose to be 3/4 section of the F50 , as seen , Visit Indonesia Year 2008

of course , not to miss the tail section of romeo alpha sierra

last but not least , malacca's beloved sky roamers biggrin.gif , can hear it roaming about the sky above me almost all the time .

sorry , no rotation shots from me , my rotation shots screwed up dry.gif

anyway , that all for the mean time biggrin.gif

drinks.gif

#12 Samuel Chy

Samuel Chy

BKI impostor

• Platinum Member
  • 4,056 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 11:25 AM

really thanks a lot for your afford, Simon and Louis...

Louis, i know how is your feel is when you saw a F50 in Melacca. rofl.gif just like we saw a 330 or 777 or 767 in BKI. tongue.gif

#13 LeeTZ

LeeTZ
  • Gold Member
  • 642 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE (Samuel Chy @ Jul 5 2008, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
really thanks a lot for your afford, Simon and Louis...

Louis, i know how is your feel is when you saw a F50 in Melacca. rofl.gif just like we saw a 330 or 777 or 767 in BKI. tongue.gif

Me too hehe.... the feeling hehe.... tongue.gif

#14 Ewan Shamsudin

Ewan Shamsudin
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 04:07 PM

Wow... F50 in Melakaaa!!

Very nice Simon. More, please.

What's the timetable is like?

#15 Azuddin

Azuddin

Fly Delta

• Platinum Member
  • 4,117 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 04:13 PM

Louis, Simon

You should be there before 9 AM to catch the F-50 first arrival. Sometimes during that time, I'll be at my watch tower (Ixora apartment 18th floor) to catch the arrival.

Azuddin

#16 Simon

Simon
  • Platinum Member
  • 6,042 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (Ewan Shamsudin @ Jul 5 2008, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow... F50 in Melakaaa!!

Very nice Simon. More, please.

What's the timetable is like?

The arrival is like morning and evening on alternate day.

#17 Chee Yong

Chee Yong
  • Gold Member
  • 797 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:00 AM

Eh bro next time we can go spotting together to catch the Riau. Hahaha.... biggrin.gif

#18 Simon

Simon
  • Platinum Member
  • 6,042 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE (Chee Yong @ Jul 6 2008, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eh bro next time we can go spotting together to catch the Riau. Hahaha.... biggrin.gif

Call me when you are free tongue.gif

#19 Cornelis Boersma

Cornelis Boersma
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 07:13 PM

Nice shots of nice F50 guys!

#20 Louis L.

Louis L.
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:07 PM

just now went spotting with chee yong , we went early today to catch Riau F50 arrival. So we decide to wait runway 21 to catch it's arrival . We have trouble to know which runway is active since there were no trainee pilot flying on Sunday. While waiting , i was thinking , if Riau land using runway 03 , then , we will be at the wrong place to catch it's arrival.

AND YES !!!!! , Riau really landed on runway 03 mad.gif , We were so angry when we saw her tail sticking out from far and taxying toward the terminal . But nvm , one day sure we will catch her on arrival biggrin.gif

first and foremost , sorry for the picture quality , all are heavily back litted , we have no choice pardon.gif

here are my take for today , sorry if it is boring , since we have only one a/c to shoot tongue.gif

The CAPT and his dutchlady

Who's inside ??? biggrin.gif

while waiting to depart , pilot and FSS take their time to have a chit chat

ground crew assisting this individual to board the F50

right engine started

at the stroke of sunset , the left engine started and Riau dutch lady PK- RAS ready to depart to Pekan Baru

leaving the MKZ terminal

taxying to backtrack runway 21 for take off

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

last but not least .........

control tower of MKZ

luggage scanning area

partial view of the MKZ Terminal

drinks.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users