MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
MIR

Sandakan (SDK/WBKS) Spotting

In 2010 I mentioned a Britten-Norman ex-VH-ZZT is going to be delivered to Malaysia (9M-LYG). Finally, I got it in Sandakan earlier this year.. :yahoo:

9M-LYG_WBKS.jpg

Shot taken from Asian Delight cafe

9MMWC_WBKS.jpg

Sandakan movements:

One Dragonair and four RBA planes flew into SDK to pick up cruise ship passengers on 02/04.

Perdana One due this Friday around 1800.

Edited by MIR

Sandakan movements: One Dragonair and four RBA planes flew into SDK to pick up cruise ship passengers on 02/04. Perdana One due this Friday around 1800.

So that was what the Dragonair was for.. was aware of it's arrival but had no idea why did it come from SDK...left for Singapore as KA 8066, arrived at Gate C20 and departed for Hong Kong soon after.

7064332009_832503da23_c.jpg

Sorry for the heat haze.

Edited by Yap Wei Heng

Consider quite an exciting year for spotting in SDK with all these unscheduled flights..... The Sultan of Brunei brought his B767 to SDK earlier in late Feb too...

http://dcasandakan.blogspot.com.au/

Btw, here were the details for those 5 chartered flights by Azamara Cruise 2 weeks ago:

(1) BI 4831 BWN/SDK -----> ETA 0600

BI 4831 SDK/BWN

(2) KA 8067 HKG/SDK------> ETA0900

KA8066 SDK/SIN

(3) BI 4833 BWN/SDK ------> ETA0920

BI 4834 SDK/BWN

(4) BI 4835 BWN/SDK ------> ETA1240

BI 4836 SDK/BWN

(5) BI 4837 BWN/SDK ------> ETA 1600

BI 4838 SDK/BWN

hopefully someone can share some photos of these planes in SDK.....

cheers

Consider quite an exciting year for spotting in SDK with all these unscheduled flights..... The Sultan of Brunei brought his B767 to SDK earlier in late Feb too...

Teo CK,thanks for the infos and weblink. I've never seen so many people at the check-in counters in SDK before.

I was also informed there were two air ambulance flights to Sandakan this year. One came in last January to transport a boat collision victim and the other came in earlier this month to transport an injured cruise ship crew to Manila.

Teo CK,thanks for the infos and weblink. I've never seen so many people at the check-in counters in SDK before.

I was also informed there were two air ambulance flights to Sandakan this year. One came in last January to transport a boat collision victim and the other came in earlier this month to transport an injured cruise ship crew to Manila.

Spot on MIR..... managed to catch a glimpse of that chartered flight back n Jan (the incident involved a family fren of mine)....... Not sure what was the aircraft registration. It was heading to Singapore btw.

img6839xg.jpg

Edited by Teo CK

..... the other came in earlier this month to transport an injured cruise ship crew to Manila.

Safe to assume this is related to the MV Azamara Quest incident ?

Safe to assume this is related to the MV Azamara Quest incident ?

Yup, that's right.

This maybe a bit old news, but FY services to SDK were good while it lasted only 4 months....

Notice the landing on RWY 26 on their 1st flight - special request from FY captain (that's right, there is no ILS for RWY 26, only for RWY 08).

cheers

Good to see some news from SDK !!! keep it coming, guys...

This could be the chartered flight for ferrying the injured Azamara Cruise crew to Manila....

cheers

any pics of the 4 RBA planes in sadakan?

RBA A319, Dragonair A320, AK A320 & Maswings AT72 all at SDK at the same time ( + a Gulfstream too i think).....basically "standing room" only at the apron.... 4 aircrafts from 4 different airlines, what a rare sight!

cheers

A very rare sight indeed,thanks for those links. Got to know Pak Lah flew into SDK two days ago and to BKI yesterday..not sure if he flies commercial.

Just a reminder, 'Banana One' due in tomorrow around 1730-1800, due out on Saturday between 1030-1130.

A) WBKS

B ) 1204200945 C) 1204210330

D) BTN 0945 - 1030 ON 20 APR

BTN 0245 - 0330 ON 21 APR

E) VVIP MOVEMENT

DEP / ARR SUBJ DLA

Edited by MIR

Found a vid of HMSF A340 (V8-BKH) doing TnGs and Hornet buzzing the tower : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7OcoHvFgSQ

Came across Karthiyani Air on the net..i guess one of the Cessna 402 formerly operated by RMAF will be based in SDK later this year..

http://www.facebook....rthiyaniair2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JMX5NRSgWU&context=C42b7619ADvjVQa1PpcFOs19SOoZrrMG39k3X895h_fTDtjuhkFWo=

A very rare sight indeed,thanks for those links. Got to know Pak Lah flew into SDK two days ago and to BKI yesterday..not sure if he flies commercial.

Just a reminder, 'Banana One' due in tomorrow around 1730-1800, due out on Saturday between 1030-1130.

A) WBKS

B ) 1204200945 C) 1204210330

D) BTN 0945 - 1030 ON 20 APR

BTN 0245 - 0330 ON 21 APR

E) VVIP MOVEMENT

DEP / ARR SUBJ DLA

i am quite sure this was not perdana 1........ tot it was an A320 executive jet.....

Yea..seems the BBJ2 has become the official chariot lately in lieu of the ACJ. I have not seen the ACJ since early Feb and the BBJ is crippled in AOR.

Rumoured that Prince William and wife might arrive SDK from KUL on 15/09 and departing to Honiara(HIR) the next day.

Rumoured that Prince William and wife might arrive SDK from KUL on 15/09 and departing to Honiara(HIR) the next day.

wow...tat's a big one..... imagine the no. of paparazi going around town with the Duke & duchess of cambridge.....

I assume their destination is Sepilok?

cheers

What, ngok ng choon behind Gaya college ? :p

u mean the one in KK?

Edited by Samuel Chy