MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
H Azmal

30% discount for govt officers on AirAsia flights

30% discount for govt officers on AirAsia flights

PETALING JAYA: Government officers on official trips will enjoy up to 30% discount when flying with AirAsia.

AirAsia Berhad chairman Datuk Aziz Bakar said this was in line with recent calls by the Government to reduce costs, promote savings and reflect its dedication in managing public funds efficiently.

He said this after AirAsia signed a memorandum of understanding with Bumiputra Travel and Tours Association (Bumitra) at the Malaysia Tourism Centre. The memorandum was signed by Aziz and Bumitra president Syed Mohd Razif Syed Yasin.

Aziz said that with the agreement the low-cost carrier was able to offer a “one-fare offer” exclusively for government officers.

“It is a smart business and cost-efficient decision. Now, government officers can enjoy low fares and have good connectivity to all places in the country and around the region.

“Flying with a low-cost carrier like AirAsia is a positive move and seals the Government’s dedication in keeping costs at a minimum,” he added.

Aziz said government officers would also enjoy in-flight meals, priority boarding and complimentary checked baggage handling fee.

To be entitled for the special fare, a government officer must first obtain the Waran Perjalanan Udara Awam from their ministry and produce them to the appointed travel agents.

Since AirAsia is a private entity, I think this deal will be profitable in terms of monetary to them. If the Government is very serious in reducing their cost, ALL government officials' travels should be done with AK/QZ/FD/D7 unless they do not serve the particular destinations.

Also, the practice of PTD officers (bachelor degree/entry level executive) travelling on Business Class and Senior Government officers travelling in First Class when going abroad with MH (Senior have to travel in a class higher than the PTD level officers as their are of higher 'class' than them? and most of the time the PTD level officers didn't travel in Economy Class) must be terminated at all cost. Stories that I heard so far are nothing but ridiculously and unnecessarily spendings extravagant.

I think government officials should travel on whichever airlines that provides the cheapest flight and/or best timing and connection, whoever it is. AK is not necessarily the cheapest in some condition.

Again, the first line should read:

Government officers on official trips will enjoy up to 30% discount when flying with AirAsia.

Government departments will enjoy 30% discount when they fly their officers on official trips with AirAsia.

The reports so far sound as if the government officers actually get to fly airlines and classes of their choice. So far it has not been the case. They know that they are going somewhere but all their travel arrangements are done by the clerks of their respective departments, in accordance to the effective directives and circulars available.

I think government officials should travel on whichever airlines that provides the cheapest flight and/or best timing and connection, whoever it is. AK is not necessarily the cheapest in some condition.

Which should be the ideal case. Unfortunately when travelling overseas I think the policy is MAS first, even when they overcharge compared to SQ or TG.

I thought the Gahmen oredi get a discount on MH from before. Anyway, the preferred route of travel by the Gahmen is via their Travel Agents, and not direct to MH.

There's more to the story than just what meets the eye.

I thought the Gahmen oredi get a discount on MH from before. Anyway, the preferred route of travel by the Gahmen is via their Travel Agents, and not direct to MH.

There's more to the story than just what meets the eye.

Agreed.... I was a Gahmen official before... and used to travel a lot...

BTW... I'm no PTD eventho' I joined the service with first degree... :pardon:

Need to correct the record regarding gahmen executives

Also, the practice of PTD officers (bachelor degree/entry level executive) travelling on Business Class and Senior Government officers travelling in First Class when going abroad with MH (Senior have to travel in a class higher than the PTD level officers as their are of higher 'class' than them? and most of the time the PTD level officers didn't travel in Economy Class) must be terminated at all cost. Stories that I heard so far are nothing but ridiculously and unnecessarily spendings extravagant.

I was informed by a PTD friend of the followings:

• The current travel arrangement involves all civil servants, not only PTD.
  • For domestic travel, all government servants from Grade 53 and higher are entitle to travel on MH's Golden Club Class. Grade 52 and below have to travel on Economy Class.
  • For international travel, all government servants from Grade 54 and below have to travel on Economy Class. But since the Government is paying MH a full Y class fare, MH will usually upgrade them to Golden Club Class (subject to availability).
  • Only JUSA C and B entitle to travel on Golden Club Class for International sector and usually, since the Government is paying MH a full C class fare, MH will upgrade them to F class (subject to availability).

Notes:

- Grade 53/53 are usually Setiausaha Bahagian SUB/Under Secretary or Timbalan SUB/deputy under secretary or Timbalan Pengarah/deputy director.

- JUSA is Jawatan Utama Sektor Awam.

- PTD officers start at Grade 41 (for entry level degree holder), then move on to Grade 44, 48, 52, 54, JUSA C, JUSA B and JUSA A (all subject to promotion).

Therefore I stand corrected if I made any false statement earlier.

I find the fact that the Govn pays full fare Y booking class is rediculous. It can save more by getting staff to pay market rates and lower sub-booking classes in economy. Naturally, Y fare on MH will be substantially more expensive than other fare categories on other airlines in economy....but, in the end, it is effectively moving cash from one pocket to the other, given that MH is virtually a nationalised company.

Agreed.... I was a Gahmen official before... and used to travel a lot...

Hehehe ... now that we are running our own businesses and being stingy, every single sen counts ... so kalau Air Dabong pun, Air Dabong lah! :D

I was informed by a PTD friend of the followings:

• The current travel arrangement involves all civil servants, not only PTD.
  • For domestic travel, all government servants from Grade 53 and higher are entitle to travel on MH's Golden Club Class. Grade 52 and below have to travel on Economy Class.
  • For international travel, all government servants from Grade 54 and below have to travel on Economy Class. But since the Government is paying MH a full Y class fare, MH will usually upgrade them to Golden Club Class (subject to availability).
  • Only JUSA C and B entitle to travel on Golden Club Class for International sector and usually, since the Government is paying MH a full C class fare, MH will upgrade them to F class (subject to availability).

Notes:

- Grade 53/53 are usually Setiausaha Bahagian SUB/Under Secretary or Timbalan SUB/deputy under secretary or Timbalan Pengarah/deputy director.

- JUSA is Jawatan Utama Sektor Awam.

- PTD officers start at Grade 41 (for entry level degree holder), then move on to Grade 44, 48, 52, 54, JUSA C, JUSA B and JUSA A (all subject to promotion).

Therefore I stand corrected if I made any false statement earlier.

I shall agree with what MAR said regarding this matter.

Not only PTD (salah info tuuuu); but all gahmen servants travelling on MH are entitled for what has MAR stated.

I just don't understand why people keep pointing fingers to PTD. I am one of them, but as per said, all gahmen servants will get equal privilege. Not only the PTD officers.

Yes I admit by joining the service, we have the opportunity to travel overseas, but only in certain area. I've been in the service for quite sometimes, and yet I still don't have the chance to go overseas. I go on my own. Overseas outstation, preparation before, work during outstation, and post visit are headache. Better pay on our own, and visit at our own leisure.

After all, PTD officers are human being too.

SAYA YANG MENURUT PERINTAH

Hehehe ... now that we are running our own businesses and being stingy, every single sen counts ... so kalau Air Dabong pun, Air Dabong lah! :D

Got Air Dabong aaahhh?... :rofl: Cheaper than AK??..

I'll take ... :lol:

However... 13 years in the service.. let see.. hmmm....

I count Twice I flew oversea on Gahmen ticket... heheh

and one of them to SIN... no upgrade... hehehe...

--

Sorry I missed this thread, but here comes my two cents! Remember FAX (sub of AK)?? Back then when they operated, we govt officers need to pay our own before we can claim back and it usually takes a long time before we see our money...if back then they didnt accept Waran...why now??? Back in the FAX days...flying for official duties within Sabah and Sarawak was very difficult...delays, cancelations, all the hassle! After all AK also flies the Military Personals...their package even includes Nasi Lemak...If Ak is going to fly me for my next official duties in Peninsular...MOE better make sure it includes baggage fee and food...In the Education, only those JuSa C are flow C/J and F for International sector...the rest DG54-DG29 and Support Staff gets fullfare Economy...so nice to be PTDs...

Sorry I missed this thread, but here comes my two cents! Remember FAX (sub of AK)?? Back then when they operated, we govt officers need to pay our own before we can claim back and it usually takes a long time before we see our money...if back then they didnt accept Waran...why now??? Back in the FAX days...flying for official duties within Sabah and Sarawak was very difficult...delays, cancelations, all the hassle! After all AK also flies the Military Personals...their package even includes Nasi Lemak...If Ak is going to fly me for my next official duties in Peninsular...MOE better make sure it includes baggage fee and food...In the Education, only those JuSa C are flow C/J and F for International sector...the rest DG54-DG29 and Support Staff gets fullfare Economy...so nice to be PTDs...

I read somewhere in the news that the 30% off is from the normal fare for the destination even during during the sale period. The ticket will automatically include Xpress boarding, prepaid food, and one bag luggage.

Wow, work in public sector now is very privilege. No wonder so many Malay parents asking their graduating sons and daughters to sign up for JPA interview.

Hmm, must ask my public sector friends to belanja me next time I meet them.

Sign in to follow this