MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Azuddin

LGK-KUL

guys, i will fly Langkawi - Kuala Lumpur this 3rd of June at 9.30PM. i never flew on this route before. any idea what aircraft MH usually use?

Azuddin

guys, i will fly Langkawi - Kuala Lumpur this 3rd of June at 9.30PM. i never flew on this route before. any idea what aircraft MH usually use?

You can check the aircraft type on MH's website, look for schedule and it will also show aircraft type. However, this may not be 100% accurate as there may be last minute equipment change. You can also check on Amadeus website.

The most common aircraft used is B737-400, and during "peak hours" on certain days you may also see the A320. With the discontinuation of the LHR-LGK-KUL service, we wont be seeing anymore B747-400.

You can check the aircraft type on MH's website, look for schedule and it will also show aircraft type. However, this may not be 100% accurate as there may be last minute equipment change. You can also check on Amadeus website.

The most common aircraft used is B737-400, and during "peak hours" on certain days you may also see the A320. With the discontinuation of the LHR-LGK-KUL service, we wont be seeing anymore B747-400.

i see, i was hoping it was served by A330, but any a/c is fine for me

Azuddin

A320?

you mean its A330.

It does not make much a diffrence anyways since its just a short flight. Service wise its does not differ much.

If you're lucky enough perhaps you get to go on heavy.

you mean its A330.

Possibly, the last time I was on an Airbus on this route was 2 yrs ago. Most of the time it was a B737-400. Thanks for correcting me.

Now School Holiday.. a lot ~!!! lot of people going there.

Edited by Ibrahim

Now School Holiday.. a lot ~!!! lot of people going there.

so it's wide body possible? actually i got free ticket ;) . i redeem my enrich miles today. it going to xpire if i don't redeem aand i will lost it just like that.

I'm hoping it will be operated by A330 or 777.

Azuddin

so it's wide body possible? actually i got free ticket ;) . i redeem my enrich miles today. it going to xpire if i don't redeem aand i will lost it just like that.

I'm hoping it will be operated by A330 or 777.

According to Amadeus, MH1447 on 3rd June with departure at 12.30pm is a A332. Unfortunately, its unlikely for a Saturday 9.30 pm evening flight to be a widebody.

Redeeming your miles on LGK-KUL in Y seems to be quite a waste of miles. You may find better value using it for an upgrade etc but if you are not travelling anywhere else then its better than losing it. BTW you can also extend the validity of your miles for a small fee.

Edited by Arthur Lee

just arrived from this flight. will share about the report about the trip shortly.

i got a flight upgrade, the actual flight suppost to be 9.30PM but they ask me if i want to go on 8.20PM, so i take it. it was on 734, no big deal about it.

planning for SIN for my next trip. i'm planning on going on SIA so i can get on 777 for the first time.

Azuddin

maybe it will be Antonov 124 or Airbus A380..

just kidding... :lol:

:lol: :lol:

yeah right, even tha lady at the check in counter saying that the LGK-KUL by A330 will be discontinued because MH might send all the A330 away.

well, that's what the lady at the counter says. she says that there's so many complaint about the A330 lately. many has says that the A330 is not fuel efficient, has some performance problem and a bit shaking during flight.

she tell me MH maybe send away the -200 series, not sure about the -300 series because most of the -300 series is owned by MH. however, all A330 will go. she says that the 734 will take the route and T7 will replace the 332. she also tell me that MH will discontinue the LHR-PEN-KUL and go straight LHR-KUL. maybe reopen the LHR-PEN during winter.

Azuddin

Edited by Azuddin

well, that's what the lady at the counter says. she says that there's so many complaint about the A330 lately. many has says that the A330 is not fuel efficient, has some performance problem and a bit shaking during flight.

she tell me MH maybe send away the -200 series, not sure about the -300 series because most of the -300 series is owned by MH.

Azuddin

I think it just some lame reason. MH didn't maintain it well and treat it as it suppose to be. US Airways, Qatar, BMI, Dragonair are using A330 and they didn't complain about performance problem. Maybe MH try to shift to temporary one brand policy. Since A330 is the only Airbus they have now. A380 still a long way to go.

I think it just some lame reason. MH didn't maintain it well and treat it as it suppose to be. US Airways, Qatar, BMI, Dragonair are using A330 and they didn't complain about performance problem. Maybe MH try to shift to temporary one brand policy. Since A330 is the only Airbus they have now. A380 still a long way to go.

agree with that

Didn't MH get the older version of A330? ;)

Anyway, sometimes the counter agent just assume from what they get informations and make conclusion from it. <_>

she tell me MH maybe send away the -200 series, not sure about the -300 series because most of the -300 series is owned by MH. however, all A330 will go. she says that the 734 will take the route and T7 will replace the 332. she also tell me that MH will discontinue the LHR-PEN-KUL and go straight LHR-KUL. maybe reopen the LHR-PEN during winter.

Azuddin

Any chance you can invite this particular lady to join us in this forum (if not already a member) and perhaps gather some bits of information (correct version that is) ? :huh:

The 333 is designed and built for medium haul routes, the 332 for long haul routes. If they are deployed (misused perhaps ?) on short hops like LGK-KUL, of course the economics will be compromised. To quote "..... the A330 is not fuel efficient ....." is indeed very sweeping and unfair. :rolleyes:

I also find it a bit reckless for a member of the airline's staff to tell a passenger that a particular aircraft "..... has some performance problem and a bit shaking during flight ....." :blink: Perhaps she needs to be reminded that air turbulence is not specific to any particular aircraft type ?

Am I correct in saying MH has just renewed leases on some of the 332's ? The 333's are not owned by MH anymore, all flying assets were sold off to PMB years ago. But yes, "..... all A330 will go ....." eventually, if and when MH is in much healthier financial position than it currently is.

The LHR-PEN-KUL run has already been discontinued, not "..... will discontinue .....", along with a handful of other routes deemed 'not viable' (subject open for debate) Good news about the proposed LHR-PEN run in winter, though I would have my reservations on accuracy of info obtained from this particular lady already ! ;)

Any chance you can invite this particular lady to join us in this forum (if not already a member) and perhaps gather some bits of information (correct version that is) ? :huh:

The 333 is designed and built for medium haul routes, the 332 for long haul routes. If they are deployed (misused perhaps ?) on short hops like LGK-KUL, of course the economics will be compromised. To quote "..... the A330 is not fuel efficient ....." is indeed very sweeping and unfair. :rolleyes:

I also find it a bit reckless for a member of the airline's staff to tell a passenger that a particular aircraft "..... has some performance problem and a bit shaking during flight ....." :blink: Perhaps she needs to be reminded that air turbulence is not specific to any particular aircraft type ?

Am I correct in saying MH has just renewed leases on some of the 332's ? The 333's are not owned by MH anymore, all flying assets were sold off to PMB years ago. But yes, "..... all A330 will go ....." eventually, if and when MH is in much healthier financial position than it currently is.

The LHR-PEN-KUL run has already been discontinued, not "..... will discontinue .....", along with a handful of other routes deemed 'not viable' (subject open for debate) Good news about the proposed LHR-PEN run in winter, though I would have my reservations on accuracy of info obtained from this particular lady already ! ;)

good points

Azuddin

Azuddin

I have had a couple of sectors on A333 and A332, and I have no complaints whatsoever. Personally, I think both models are great airplane. Nice looking and comfortable to fly in, except the fact that the A333 does not have PTVs in Y class. Other than that, I will fly them any day.

LHR-PEN?

What aircraft will be using?

B744 I supposed, then with continuation to KUL??

I have had a couple of sectors on A333 and A332, and I have no complaints whatsoever. Personally, I think both models are great airplane. Nice looking and comfortable to fly in, except the fact that the A333 does not have PTVs in Y class. Other than that, I will fly them any day.

B744 I supposed, then with continuation to KUL??

IMO, i'm not really an airbus fan but the A330 is the most best looking a/c in the line. looks perfect and competitive with 777. i've been on CX A333 from HKG, i'm looking forward to be on A332 one day.

Azuddin

Sign in to follow this