MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

Bargain Fares

Let me kick off this useful thread, as mooted by Kenneth. :)

A good place to check is -- http://www.airfares.com.sg

Get a bargain fare out of SIN, then just add on a cheap KUL/SIN hop.

---

Good promo fares out of KUL are usually offered by Qatar, Emirates and Etihad.

Go to their websites, and subscribe to their newsletters. You'll get informed of such promos, which can happen several times a year.

Qatar likes to offer really low fares for new destinations, so watch out for those new launches.

Edited by Naim

If you want to search bargain fares on a 'local' site, try http://www.12fly.com.my/flightsbooking/

It returns pretty good results and the good thing is, it has local support and is backed by a major KL travel agency -- you can pay via Maybank2U or go to their office to settle the bill.

Note: I haven't tried this site yet, but would like to learn of experiences from ppl who have.

Skyscanner via tripstar has rm1k+ for flights ex-SIN to Tokyo, Seoul on China Eastern for year end travel...1500+ to Japan and Korea is a good deal right?

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

Skyscanner via tripstar has rm1k+ for flights ex-SIN to Tokyo, Seoul on China Eastern for year end travel...1500+ to Japan and Korea is a good deal right?

Even booking now on D7 you can get RM1005 for Dec travel KUL/HND. If there is a campaign, could be down to RM600-800.

QR's promo for CDG has always been consistent for the past few months..only RM 2700..KUL-DOH-CDG....can fly A346 some more for DOH-CDG.

Edited by Fairul

As part of MH joining oneworld...there is this 1700+ for KUL to NRT...departure on the 12th of Aug and return on 18th...cheap? Is Aug a good time to visit Japan?

Good fare for MH... and Aug is midsummer - you can go up Mt Fuji.

As a comparison, my March flight to KIX on D7 cost RM 860+ for return flight, baggage, quiet zone seat and meals.

Good fare for MH... and Aug is midsummer - you can go up Mt Fuji.

As a comparison, my March flight to KIX on D7 cost RM 860+ for return flight, baggage, quiet zone seat and meals.

Mid summer??? Was looking for a mildly cold place...860??? That's very cheap indeed...you can book JL on MH website for 2088 return...or mix and match which is kinda cool! Too bad its the 767 and not 787...huhuhu! Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

I have put B787 flights on the backburner now. I think I might have to wait for SQ or JQ to introduce their B787 services...

Mid summer??? Was looking for a mildly cold place...860??? That's very cheap indeed...you can book JL on MH website for 2088 return...or mix and match which is kinda cool! Too bad its the 767 and not 787...huhuhu!

Yes, avoid Japan & Korea for Jun-Aug -- can get hotter and humider than Malaysia! :)

Maybe that's why it's cheaper during then, off peak season.

Nice gimmick, book long haul flights and get the return trip to HKT for free! haha!

I just read the small print. Apparently taxes and surcharges are excluded - for a return trip that stands at RM446. Makes you wonder what 'free' means these days :)

A friend of mine just booked a return trip to Phuket with MH and it was around RM460.

Guys, reservation for this Air Asia promotion (posted by flee) is already opened. No need to wait until midnight :)

MAS is way cheaper though. I even managed to find an all-inclusive air fare to EU for only RM2,290 :p

Wow how did you manage that? :p Does the routing involve London, or just purely EU destinations?

Wow how did you manage that? :p Does the routing involve London, or just purely EU destinations?

3rd May 2013, KUL-LHR (morning flight)

Then

11th May 2013, CDG-KUL

:p

I thought the Air France ticket I bought last month (RM2565) was cheap. But this one is even cheaper! Grrr!!