Icon Important Announcement!

New registrations require administration validation. This may delay registration approvals.

Photo

MAB brings back Malaysian Hospitality MH branding?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 David.W

David.W
  • Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:30 PM

Interesting time to release this video 

#2 suadrif

suadrif
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:59 PM

What happened with the collaboration with Farah Khan? Is this one of a few that will surface later? Nice ad, like SQ minus the sarong kebaya.

#3 Khalil Abd Halim

Khalil Abd Halim
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 11:09 PM

reminds me of SQ's ads as well especially the pouring of chinese tea and the basic concept of the airlines personnel represent the culture of the country....

#4 jani

jani
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:15 PM

Great vid but yes it's too identical to SQ.

I do hope they continue to put the emphasis on the cabin crew, for their own morale if nothing else.

#5 Josh T

Josh T
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:36 PM

Nice ad. I like it!

#6 Azri

Azri
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:16 AM

I am not sure if this is a good PR material. 

I agree the campaign's concept is too SQish. Perhaps MH needs to get away from that and get a new direction.

Given the current mood of the country, the Malaysian Hospitality campaign may not be the best. I don't really feel the connection. Time has change. Malaysian hospitality is good perhaps 20 years ago.

Also the "place your right hand above your heart, smile, bow slightly and utter a greeting" is not organic to me. To recap, the gesture was originally introduced in the 1990's by former Tourism Minister, Tan Sri Abdul Kadir Sheikh Fadzir  and subsequent Ministers had to revive it as it was new and has never been part of our culture.I mean how often do you see people on the street giving the gesture? 

MH need to be current and really find their identity in these changing environment I think.

#7 Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Mohd Suhaimi Fariz
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:36 AM

I am not sure if this is a good PR material. 

I agree the campaign's concept is too SQish. Perhaps MH needs to get away from that and get a new direction.

Given the current mood of the country, the Malaysian Hospitality campaign may not be the best. I don't really feel the connection. Time has change. Malaysian hospitality is good perhaps 20 years ago.

Also the "place your right hand above your heart, smile, bow slightly and utter a greeting" is not organic to me. To recap, the gesture was originally introduced in the 1990's by former Tourism Minister, Tan Sri Abdul Kadir Sheikh Fadzir  and subsequent Ministers had to revive it as it was new and has never been part of our culture.I mean how often do you see people on the street giving the gesture? 

MH need to be current and really find their identity in these changing environment I think.

To be fair, the marketing was planned months in advance.

#8 Chris Tan

Chris Tan
  • Gold Member
  • 674 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 12:14 PM

When MH deviates from SQ standards, they get bashed for behaving like an LCC. Now, when they try to do something SQish, people have a problem with that too.

I just dont get it.

#9 flee

flee
  • Platinum Member
  • 10,861 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 02:23 PM

When MH deviates from SQ standards, they get bashed for behaving like an LCC. Now, when they try to do something SQish, people have a problem with that too.

I just dont get it.

Yes, what is wrong with copying a formula that works, especially since both airlines share the same heritage. 

If they want to strike out with something totally new, they should also get new branding too. Get rid of the Wau logo, design a new progressive livery, new cabins, etc. Then we will really see something 100% new, inside and out!

#10 jani

jani
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:06 PM

To recap, the gesture was originally introduced in the 1990's by former Tourism Minister, Tan Sri Abdul Kadir Sheikh Fadzir  and subsequent Ministers had to revive it as it was new and has never been part of our culture.I mean how often do you see people on the street giving the gesture?

Actually I think it's quite common at restaurants and hotels.

#11 Johan Z

Johan Z
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 05:54 PM

I find it so odd to introduce this welcoming gesture. 

#12 KK Lee

KK Lee
  • Platinum Member
  • 4,922 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:39 PM

Promotion/advertisement should be consistent with products offering else customers could feel short changed and back fired like five star value carrier and what not.

#13 Roy Chin

Roy Chin
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 11:53 AM

I just dont get it.

Yes, what is wrong with copying a formula that works, especially since both airlines share the same heritage. 

If they want to strike out with something totally new, they should also get new branding too. Get rid of the Wau logo, design a new progressive livery, new cabins, etc. Then we will really see something 100% new, inside and out!

Hi-Five.

#14 BC Tam

BC Tam
  • Platinum Member
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 02:42 PM

I wonder if the One Malaysia logos have been removed yet ?

And whether the Negaraku livery will live on (I know it's quite neutral and apolitical per se, but ......)

:)

#15 Newitt

Newitt
  • Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:10 PM

And whether the Negaraku livery will live on (I know it's quite neutral and apolitical per se, but ......)

1Malaysia is no longer relevant to MH branding now. 

#16 Mushrif A

Mushrif A
  • Platinum Member
  • 3,463 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 06:38 PM

Negaraku livery is fine....just don't add Hebatkan into the mix. Could be toxic.

Although come to think of it, the majority responded to the Hebatkan Negaraku challenge by dumping the thieves at the helm.

Ok, ok... back to topic...

#17 flee

flee
  • Platinum Member
  • 10,861 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 09:22 PM

1Malaysia is no longer relevant to MH branding now. 

It never was - politicians pressured MH to stick it on.

#18 Khalil Abd Halim

Khalil Abd Halim
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 12:55 AM

I just dont get it.

it's just that other people have their own opinion so as you, nothing serious about it

#19 Chris Tan

Chris Tan
  • Gold Member
  • 674 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 07:07 AM

it's just that other people have their own opinion so as you, nothing serious about it

In a forum like this, different opinions are of course welcome and respected. In the same spirit, I'm sure you can agree that when one participates in a discussion, one should be prepared to accept differing views with an open heart, including having inconsistencies in one's opinions pointed out. That inconsistency, in this case, is how MH gets flak for just about everything they do, even if they take a step towards behaving like SQ—widely regarded on this forum as the golden standard.

This isn't about refusing to accept the opinion of others. On the contrary, my reply was entirely in the spirit of facilitating a meaningful discussion. I didn't resort to personal attacks/name-calling/flaunting my profession when disagreeing with others :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users