MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Robert

New Kuala Lumpur Air Traffic Control Centre

I guess all runways are uses concurrently except the number of landings and takeoffs are not yet to the max capacity. Understand that R32L is mostly for incoming and R32R for departure, and R33R and R15L mostly AK, D7 and other LCC's. The plan is to probably add a 4th one according to 2056 master plan.

I guess all runways are uses concurrently except the number of landings and takeoffs are not yet to the max capacity. Understand that R32L is mostly for incoming and R32R for departure, and R33R and R15L mostly AK, D7 and other LCC's. The plan is to probably add a 4th one according to 2056 master plan.

The R runways are normally for departure and the L ones for arrival. Although sometimes some pilots may opt for 32R for landing particularly the AK ones due to the shorter track miles if coming in from the east. And KLIA2 runway is 15/33.

They can have 10 runways but if the current air traffic management system still being used, there wont be any improvement. I find singapore and jakarta controllers are more accomodating. They can change runway and arrivals in a blink of an eye. In Lumpur? You can tell you have 15 knots of tailwind on landing it will take them half a day to change

I see parallel landings on a regular basis. Based on my flights and looking at FR24 they don't seem to be that efficient and some of the approach paths are rather long

Because of their equipment limitations, parallel approaches must be staggered. They can't do side by side approaches.

Edited by Walter Sim

Any idea where is the location of the new ATC center?

Anyway runway 14/32 L/R at KLIA is staggered, landing on the R runways or takeoff on the L runways requires pretty long taxys. This is a physical limitation that cannot be solved with any ATC improvement.

Any idea where is the location of the new ATC center?

Capt Radzi, I was scanning thru the news and from the photos, the location is somewhere I indicated as in the arrow.

Not far from the helipad area.

Just a quick and dirty grab of map from Google map.

KLATCw_zpstg2mncq3.jpg

Capt Radzi, I was scanning thru the news and from the photos, the location is somewhere I indicated as in the arrow.

Not far from the helipad area.

Just a quick and dirty grab of map from Google map.

KLATCw_zpstg2mncq3.jpg

Wonder why they dont wanna use the plot of land just next to the tower complex

Wonder why they dont wanna use the plot of land just next to the tower complex

for another hotel, maybe? lol

They can have all bells and whistles but if they don't seek to improve the way they manage the traffic flow then all these new equipment mean NOTHING at all! Perhaps it's time for them to be sent to overseas for training. Their radar vectoring, though much better than it used to be, still have plenty of room to improve and their proactive-ness is almost zero! Are they too proud to learn from others or what? I just don't understand.

Sign in to follow this