MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Alan B.

New Uniforms for Firefly cabin crew

DSCF0051.jpg

This new uniform was introduced yesterday the 1st October 2007. I was lucky enough to fly with FY yesterday.

DSCF0040.jpg

Much nicer than the T-Shirts but a bit like BHP petrol station uniform...... :rolleyes:

Alan, more pic please!!!

Will post my flight log with more pic when I get back from Samui.

Why the stewardess have the carry on, are they overnight crews? I believe all crews depart and come back home later on, right?

Alan, gr8 photos......their uniform looks very nice too!

Edited by Seth K

Nice, nice, especially with that logo there :drinks:

Dutch people like Orange very much :pardon:

on a personal note: uncle likes Hazel very much :p

Met the nice and friendly FA on the left in second picture on my KUA-PEN flight yesterday, also wearing the smart and more professional looking new uniforms.

Learnt something from her when I recalled something I always wanted to know and asked her. On MH / FY F50, there are no emergency oxygen masks that are usually deployed in cabin decompression situation. I observed their (and previous MH F50) safety briefings and there was nothing about the oxygen mask as on other planes, hence the curiosity.

Strangely on MH's F50 safety card, there are graphics that suggest such oxygen mask are available.

Edited by Rozhan

Why the stewardess have the carry on, are they overnight crews? I believe all crews depart and come back home later on, right?

Alan, gr8 photos......their uniform looks very nice too!

Even it is not an overnight flight, I believe they have to drag a trolley bag as a prop for them! To prevent their hands from swaying from left to right extremely (Lenggang Mak Limah...).

The bag is suppose to contain, spare uniform if you dirty it during flight and also Safety Emergency Procedures (SEP) manual and also voyage reports etc. Plus remember the ladies need their make-up.
Met the nice and friendly FA on the left in second picture on my KUA-PEN flight yesterday, also wearing the smart and more professional looking new uniforms.Learnt something from her when I recalled something I always wanted to know and asked her. On MH / FY F50, there are no emergency oxygen masks that are usually deployed in cabin decompression situation. I observed their (and previous MH F50) safety briefings and there was nothing about the oxygen mask as on other planes, hence the curiosity.Strangely on MH's F50 safety card, there are graphics that suggest such oxygen mask are available.
yes Barbara is very friendly. She is ex- Saudia crew and the other one that Pieter likes is Hazel ex-KLM, Qatar and Saudia.Prop aircraft do not need O2 as it flies at low altitude. In case of decompression it can decend quickly to lower altitude where the air is breathable. Edited by Alan B.

the other one that Pieter likes is Hazel ex-KLM, Qatar and Saudia.

:blink: :blink:

Apparently, part of the TPE- or HKG based KLM f/a's ? :huh:

No wonder she looked familiar somehow :pardon:

:blink: :blink:

Apparently, part of the TPE- or HKG based KLM f/a's ? :huh:

No wonder she looked familiar somehow :pardon:

HKG based

simple but neat.

have to second that..they look so professional. anyways Alan, any idea why did they leave those full fledged airlines for FY? usually people do this only when age catches up with them or due to family commitments. any idea why in their case?

have to second that..they look so professional. anyways Alan, any idea why did they leave those full fledged airlines for FY? usually people do this only when age catches up with them or due to family commitments. any idea why in their case?

didn't ask why they left. People have many reasons, like you said family commitments or some times you have had enough of flying around the world.

DSCF0051.jpg

This new uniform was introduced yesterday the 1st October 2007. I was lucky enough to fly with FY yesterday.

DSCF0040.jpg

Much nicer than the T-Shirts but a bit like BHP petrol station uniform...... :rolleyes:

Yes nice...the uniform makes them look very busty also...especially Hazel...:) Yummy...

Edited by leemeigin

Sign in to follow this