MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Bandit

Firefly Introduces Fly Basic and Premier

FY is going further upmarket.

I wonder if this the prelude to making it MH's regional arm, like MI is the regional wing of SQ.

Firefly has a strong niche in it being based out of SZB, nearer to where I would imagine people would be willing to sacrifice price for convenience.

Firefly has a strong niche in it being based out of SZB, nearer to where I would imagine people would be willing to sacrifice price for convenience.

Their fares to SIN are always on par with SQ/MI and MH!

The SZB-SIN route is very popular with business travellers. If a company book about one week before travel, the single fare can be in the region of RM 400+.

However, if you book about one month in advance, the return fares can be around RM 250-270.

Just flew Firefly from SIN to SZB. Noticed that the first row and last few rows of seats are labelled as "Desired seats" and "preferred seats" (not Hot seats? :nea: ) I guess one may have to pay for those seats? I just selected auto assign when i checked in online.

Does anybody know when the FY check-in counters at T2, SIN open ahead of the scheduled departure?

It is 2 hrs before departure. I remembered arriving early at T2 once, and I was hoping to change to an earlier flight but was told I could not. And I could not check in as well for my flight as it only opened 2 hrs before scheduled departure time. Tour around Changi lah!

Tour around Changi lah!

Was introduced to an Indonesian phrase sometime ago to describe your situation : ngukur Bandara la ! (Mengukur) 😛

Thanks for the intelligence...I was contemplating both that L Kar Yong did !...so it means I cant change to an earlier flight, and I cannot check in (with no luggage) ahead of time for a later flight even if they are doing check-in for the current departing flight.

hmmmm...ok...I'll get a measuring tape and carry it with me to help pass time...will tell Suzanne how wide is the checkin area of T2...(had enough of thumb twiddling...)

As I'm arriving in SIN to connect to FY hours earlier, I also wonder if I can get into the MH Golden Lounge using the self-printed not-exactly-the-valid-boarding-pass of FY whilst staying airside and only go landside closing to opening of check-in for my flight?

Sign in to follow this