MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
V Wong

Firefly SZB-JHB flights cancelled

Tried to book a Firefly JHB-SZB ticket today and found that JHB does not exist anymore in the booking system. Made a call to call centre and got confirmation that this route got the chop yesterday. Major problem now with a JHB-SZB flight that I booked for on 11th Feb, just after Chinese New Year. Told that the ONLY option is full refund, no alternative arrangement will be made. Had previously booked MH KUL-JHB flight for 31st Jan. Stupidly thought I would love to try the Fokker again since my last experience with it was way back in 1998 in Sarawak, and found flying it very nice, like 'romance of travel', to borrow SQ's tagline, thus booked for the 11th Feb flight. Had this silly sepia tinged vision of me climbing the little staircase into the aircraft, begloved, in a hat, with a leather holdall....

Was also told that FY have not contacted me yet, as there is a procedure to follow, and would have done so AT LEAST 2 weeks before scheduled flight, by which time it would be very difficult to find alternative travel arrangement due to peak holiday season. And of course, the refund process will take one month according to SOP.

Looks like will have to use AK for return leg, despite the morning single flight which does not suit me well. It is more as a show of defiance against MH and FY..... never again FY, it's a case of zero time too many! Messed up my first booking itself!

Other travellers on this route please bewarned and make alternative travel arrangement ASAP

We can drive to JHB in about 2.5 hours, almost the same time as flying or faster by road.

:drinks:

unfortunately during peak holiday season prior to CNY, 2.5h will get u from KL to Seremban if you're lucky... been caught in massive jam leading towards Sg Besi toll plaza, 2 hours to clear...

Oooooo :) Gud :D So they failed in their experiment yet again, and you have to bear the inconvinience V Wong? Similar thing happened to me as I have posted elsewhere before in this forum. They quit second KUA-PEN flight without informing me, and I had to cancel a night's stay at PEN, and RM50 unnecessary taxi fare to KUA airport for a flight that has ceased to exist. Screw FY!

Then again, the load was really bad on such route.

Flown on them on that route at 30th Dec, only 14 or so pax.

Maybe they could put the route on a more convenient time, things could be better.

Oooooo :) Gud :D So they failed in their experiment yet again, and you have to bear the inconvinience V Wong? Similar thing happened to me as I have posted elsewhere before in this forum. They quit second KUA-PEN flight without informing me, and I had to cancel a night's stay at PEN, and RM50 unnecessary taxi fare to KUA airport for a flight that has ceased to exist. Screw FY!

Exactly. Try finding alternative flight during peak season. And the call centre team leader (worker number 0063) that I spoke to was a real prick, not apologetic at all and even bordering on arrogant when I asked why was the route terminated just less than 2 months after being launched. "Major operational reorganization" was his response. Claimed to have no further telephone contact for Firefly, just have e-mail, and claimed that his immediate boss is Eddy Leong... FY very soon will outspin MH in the gasing competition! We will then have the true jaguh kampung (village champion)

Sign in to follow this