MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

MH pilot falls to his death

The Star

Saturday September 8, 2007

Pilot falls to his death

PETALING JAYA: A 33-year-old pilot fell to his death from the seventh floor of a condominium block in Damansara yesterday.

Alvin Goh Huey Peng, who was with Malaysia Airlines, was found sprawled on the ground of the condominium at 7.20am by residents.

It is learnt that Goh left a note to his parents and girlfriend. Petaling Jaya OCPD Asst Comm Mazlan Mansor said foul play had been ruled out.

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?f...&sec=nation

First of all,so sad to heard this happened to a pilot who is responsible in his duties in order to ensure the safety of the passengers. :( May God Bless him.

I flew with him 3 weeks back. Had 3 hours transit in Penang and he blanja me nasi goreng. Had a good conversation about company and other stuff.

Definitely going to miss flying with him. A very good captain. Really looking forward to flying with him again...

but now he's gone...

Condolence to the family...

May ur soul rest in peace.

Deepest Condolence to the family...................

Although I never see him before but we will always remember him as a good captain in MAS...... :cray:

My condolences to his family. May he rest in peace.

I knew him about 10 years ago, when we did the B742 conversion together. While some went on to the B734 command, he stayed with the B742 and later the B744 fleet. He was promoted to B734 command only early this year. Captain Alvin Goh was also a MAPA exco member.

Last saw him about a week ago during transit. Can't believe he is gone now.. :(

The poor man must have been very troubled. I hope MH mgmt would investigate. It wouldn't be good to have a severely depressed man at the controls, with due respect ...

+++

2007/09/08

3 death plunges ... from 7th floor

PETALING JAYA: A pilot was among three people who fell to their deaths from three separate high-rise buildings yesterday. All the deaths were from the seventh floor.

The body of Malaysia Airlines pilot Alvin Goh Huey Peng, 33, was found sprawled on the ground at the Riana Green condominiums in Damansara by security guards on patrol at 7.20am.

Petaling Jaya police chief ACP Mazlan Mansor said Goh had left a note in his home apologising to his parents and girlfriend.

"We found a note in his house that only said: ‘Sorry mother, sorry father and sorry (name removed)."

His girlfriend who arrived at the scene was inconsolable

Mazlan said the police did not suspect foul play.

"He climbed to the window of his bedroom on the seventh floor and jumped.

"The front door was locked and there was nothing missing from the house."

Goh’s parents and other members of his family, who arrived from Alor Star at the University Malaya Medical Centre mortuary, declined to speak to the press.

His colleagues from Malaysia Airlines also declined to comment on his death.

At 10.30am, a 54-year-old woman, believed to be mentally ill, fell to her death from the seventh floor of the Puchong Permai condominium.

She was not identified.

A close family friend said the woman’s daughter and her husband were asleep when she fell from the condominium unit.

Toh Thor Hock, 43, fell to his death, also from the seventh floor, at 4pm yesterday at the Wawasan condominium in Section 16 here.

Mazlan said police were still trying locate his next of kin.

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Sat...icle/index_html