MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

Airline logos

Atlas Air for cargo carrier, and Singapore Airlines for passenger transport. The colours of SQ oozes 'class' with its gold effect on the logo and cheatline.

You might have think I would choose SQ or MH. One is my home airline, one is paying my salary. But I choose Thai for the logo. Not the new logo, but the old logo, which is slightly angled. It displays a kind of gentle charm.....just like the Thai girls......very oriental like...mmm.....

good old malaysian airline system and the tail logo that went with the BA Landor scheme (with the coat of arms)

Singapore Airlines.

i go for Qantas..The red colour and the kangaroo always stand out..

CX = reminds me of chicken wings...especially BBQ chicken wings.

On a serious note, I think Frontier Airlines' name plus billboard fonts are unique. I've seen them in Canada and Alaska.

Nice pics, Denny. What about this one? :lol:

IPB Image

I've actually flown in this plane last year, to BKI.

.ny

The Golden Globe. Always Continental for me.

America West is second for me.

Azuddin

Airlines choose an icon that can be instantly recognized as their national icon. For e.g.:

Qantas- kangaroo = australia

EVA- compas = reminder of its roots in shipping business

JAL- sun = land of rising sun

MAS- wau = malay kite

Aeroflot....their latest LOGO is just awesome: love also the Russian text underneath ;)

Aeroflot....their latest LOGO is just awesome: love also the Russian text underneath ;)

You mean this one?

IPB Image

Interesting that they still keep the old CCCP-era logo at the bottom left. I remember spotting their noisy, smokey IL-62 over Subang Jaya when approaching Subang in the old days. :)

.ny

Airlines choose an icon that can be instantly recognized as their national icon. For e.g.:

Qantas- kangaroo = australia

EVA- compas = reminder of its roots in shipping business

JAL- sun = land of rising sun

MAS- wau = malay kite

I shall add the following to Denny's list:

China Airlines - Mei Hua flower - National flower of the Kuomintang. On a side note, Mei Hua. however, is not a symbol for Communist China. I believe China's is Jasmine.

Air New Zealand - Koru - Traditional Maori pattern

Vietnam - Golden Lotus - prolly something to do with Buddhism

Thai - (not sure about the name) but the fabric the Thais put on top of the elephant's head or body

JAL (old livery) - Tsuru (crane) - Oriental crane symbolises longevity and peacfulness.

Korean - Ying/Yang symbol - Though the Ying/Yang symbol is Chinese in origin, Korean adopted Chinese culture for many centuries. In fact Korea today is in fact the example modern Confucian society along with Singapore. Even more so than China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Vietnam and Japan.

Dragonair - Dragon - an Oriental symbol.

Various Chinese Airlines - China Southern, Air China, China Southern and etc. Just birds in general, can't read their meaning behind it. Except perhaps Air China's might be a Phoenix (another Chinese symbol).

Garuda - Bird - legendary Indonesian bird called Garuda.

American - Eagle - American Eagle as national symbol.

Canadian - Maple leaf - national symbol.

British Airways - part section of the stylised the Union Jack - national flag.

Ansett - Southern Cross - corresponding to the number of stars found on the Australian flag. 6 stars for Ansett Australia. 4 red stars for Ansett New Zealand

Aer Lingus - traditional green leaf - symbol of Ireland. You can see this also on St Patrick's day.

Alaskan Eskimos - bloody snow and cold over there!

My personal favourite is the Australian airlnes livery - looks like an Orca whale (killer whale) doesn't it? It also adopted colours and motifs of the aborigines. Very lovely livery but will be gone soon.....^@&@*#*#(@@

Edited by S V Choong

My personal favourite is the Australian airlnes livery - looks like an Orca whale (killer whale) doesn't it? It also adopted colours and motifs of the aborigines. Very lovely livery but will be gone soon.....^@&@*#*#(@@

you mean the orange Australian? it does look like Orca. southwest got some orca 737.

for me actually any airline in Skyteam is my favourite, especially CO and KLM.

did anyone notice Asiana new logo. it's not as pretty as the old logo. there's a topic about it on a.net yesterday. the new logo seem to be a red arrow pointing northeast.

here it is IPB Image

Azuddin

Edited by Azuddin

Keep Discovering...

and not because they pay for my schooling... :lol: :lol:

Does anyone know the meaning behind Air Asia's logo?

i'm not really sure, but it does has the shape of hibiscus at the back

Azuddin

My Personal Favourite WOuld be..............Air LinGus!

man..love green! the airline looks so classy(not the service)

as for the worse logo? Pakistan Airways PIA New B777 (awefuL)

British Airways' logo in its current form has got to be my favourite.

I liked it even better before they decided to do away with the world tails series :( (I like Chelsea Rose, Colum and Delftblue Daybreak)

Still my favourite is the old Landor logo with the coat of arms.

Edited by H Azmal

Sign in to follow this