Icon Important Announcement!

New registrations require administration validation. This may delay registration approvals.

Photo

Malaysia Airports claiming RM36 mil in unpaid fees from AirAsia

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 Walter Sim

Walter Sim
  • Platinum Member
  • 6,889 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 03:22 PM

I get more annoyed when these red folks ask me to use Bigpay instead of my credit card. Only useful for the exchange rate nothing else. In few years time probably all payment services and clients in all levels and departments will be under their vendor or partners.

You can use Bigpay just for AirAsia tickets and nothing else just like me.

#22 Hon Kit

Hon Kit
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 04:16 PM

You can use Bigpay just for AirAsia tickets and nothing else just like me.

Quite simple with big pay . Still allows me to use credit card. Top up just enough to pay for the flight.

#23 Walter Sim

Walter Sim
  • Platinum Member
  • 6,889 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 06:27 PM

Quite simple with big pay . Still allows me to use credit card. Top up just enough to pay for the flight.

Precisely!

#24 flee

flee
  • Platinum Member
  • 11,242 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 09:32 PM

Consumer group slams Mavcom over airport tax issue

See: https://www.freemala...port-tax-issue/

#25 Waiping

Waiping

Model Collector/Spotter

• Platinum Member
  • 5,679 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 04:43 PM

Seems like AK is changing the claim form slightly.  There is no need to submit lengthy explanation, presumably they would be able to check your booking and whether you actually boarded the plane or not.

I made a claim on the 16/12 for no show to claim back the airport tax.  Got a reply today but not much information is provided i.e. booking number as I have another claim in progress.  Also, not sure of their intend when they ask for my user name.  Thought my email will be good enough since it's unique?  I did provide my membership # when submitting my earlier claim.

On another note, I had a no show for a QR flight in Oct so I wrote in to inquire about the airport tax.  Settle within 2 weeks refunded back to my credit card used for the initial booking.

#26 Waiping

Waiping

Model Collector/Spotter

• Platinum Member
  • 5,679 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 05:33 PM

Ok,

Got a reply from AK stating that my refund is rejected due to one of the following reasons.

• Your booking consist of one or more future flight(s), or; (this was my return flight from KUL)
  • the guest has boarded this flight, or; (I boarded the first sector KUL -BKI, but not the second one)
  • the booking number is incorrect; or (booking number is certainly correct)
  • more than 6 months from the date of departure (my flight was mid October)

When I file for airport tax return I did specify the flight number, which was compulsory.  Is it recommended to have 2 separate booking in cases like this?

Anyway, I am trying to file another claim and see how it goes.

#27 BC Tam

BC Tam
  • Platinum Member
  • 7,341 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 12:12 AM

AirAsia to stop collecting ‘klia2 fee’, says CEO

Hero !  :pardon:

Edited by BC Tam, 02 January 2019 - 12:13 AM.

#28 Lim Kar Yong

Lim Kar Yong
  • Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:47 AM

I get more annoyed when these red folks ask me to use Bigpay instead of my credit card. Only useful for the exchange rate nothing else. In few years time probably all payment services and clients in all levels and departments will be under their vendor or partners.

BigPay is only free at the moment. Under the T&C, there is a list of charges which are waived for the moment. Who knows when TF will decide to charge. Worse, if you don't use your card in a calendar month, there is a fee to be paid, which is waived for know. Verdict: Useless prepaid card. 

#29 Waiping

Waiping

Model Collector/Spotter

• Platinum Member
  • 5,679 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:09 AM

AirAsia to stop collecting klia2 fee, says CEO

They can stop collecting, but they got to pay. So these are the money we paid to the airport facility that AK kept, and resulted in lack of maintenance?

#30 Vicknesh PS

Vicknesh PS
  • Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:02 AM

Tried to redeem Big points...but can only be done via credit card payment (not sure why wasn't allow M2U cash)...then get charged RM32 for cc ...hahaha...

#31 Waiping

Waiping

Model Collector/Spotter

• Platinum Member
  • 5,679 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:06 AM

Tried to redeem Big points...but can only be done via credit card payment (not sure why wasn't allow M2U cash)...then get charged RM32 for cc ...hahaha...

Haha, that's one of the feature of Big Points redemption. U can't use on direct debit payment iirc.

#32 Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Mohd Suhaimi Fariz
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:38 AM

They can stop collecting, but they got to pay. So these are the money we paid to the airport facility that AK kept, and resulted in lack of maintenance?

The klia2 fee is the aerobridge fee.

#33 KK Lee

KK Lee
  • Platinum Member
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 10:44 AM

Haha, that's one of the feature of Big Points redemption. U can't use on direct debit payment iirc.

Air asia products e.g big points is meant to use within their eco system, otherwise would be expensive.

#34 Waiping

Waiping

Model Collector/Spotter

• Platinum Member
  • 5,679 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:46 AM

The klia2 fee is the aerobridge fee.

Thanks for the clarification.

#35 flee

flee
  • Platinum Member
  • 11,242 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 12:07 PM

That klia2 fee has nothing to do with MAHB charges - it is Airasia trying to tell everyone that operating from klia2 costs additional money and they charged RM 3 to cover those extra costs. It is Airasia's charge, not MAHB. About time it was abolished!

#36 Robert

Robert
  • Gold Member
  • 612 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 05:17 PM

Hero... no shame on them. If we don’t like a tax we can’t simply just say oh I’m not going to pay all of it because I do t agree. Very simple the airport just needs to collect it themselves before people check in. IMHO this a very regressive step.

#37 Amirul Mazlan

Amirul Mazlan
  • Gold Member
  • 534 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 05:28 AM

If klia2 fee is awrobridge fee i wonder does air asia charge for aerobridge at changi terminal 4 as well and pass it to the passenger as Terminal 4 fee.

Utter bull

#38 Walter Sim

Walter Sim
  • Platinum Member
  • 6,889 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 03:23 PM

I recall many years back KLIA2 fee was for SITA. AK had a working ticketing system, but was forced to migrate as MAHB refused to budge.

#39 Craig

Craig
  • Gold Member
  • 527 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 07:02 AM

AirAsia to stop collecting ‘klia2 fee’, says CEO

I love how people claim he's a hero when the fee is absolute bollocks in the first place (no other airline has this fee). If, and a very big if, it's the aerobridge fee as claimed, be like all carriers and just include it in the ticket price (I'd rather not see lined items like ATC clearance fee, taxiway charges, escalator fee etc. on my ticket).

Equalize the PSC and everyone is all up and arms about it but when they get charged a BS fee, they are good with it. Some people just fall prey to the PR stunt a little too easily.

MAHB: We did not impose KLIA2 Fee

Edited by Craig, 04 January 2019 - 07:13 AM.

#40 Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Mohd Suhaimi Fariz
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 11:41 AM

I love how people claim he's a hero when the fee is absolute bollocks in the first place (no other airline has this fee). If, and a very big if, it's the aerobridge fee as claimed, be like all carriers and just include it in the ticket price (I'd rather not see lined items like ATC clearance fee, taxiway charges, escalator fee etc. on my ticket).

Equalize the PSC and everyone is all up and arms about it but when they get charged a BS fee, they are good with it. Some people just fall prey to the PR stunt a little too easily.

MAHB: We did not impose KLIA2 Fee

Personally, I think that the PSC for the Main Terminal Building (klia1) should be brought down to klia2 level. That would be an equitable compromise for all. AirAsia is able to maintain its PSC, while at the same time being on a level playing field with other airlines operating out of the MTB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users