Icon Important Announcement!

New registrations require administration validation. This may delay registration approvals.
Reach out to us on our Facebook Page for faster approvals

Photo

AirAsia : Bases outside KUL/DMK

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 BC Tam

BC Tam
  • Platinum Member
  • 7,372 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 08:10 PM

.....  They get the VIP treatment i.e. being chauffeured around without much interaction with the locals.  From landing to departing.

Yes :)

Example, they get dropped off at a corner of Asia City, go for lunch at the couple of Korean restaurants there, drop by ACE supermarket to stock up on Korean snacks/provisions/soju and straight back into the waiting coaches

It's like so well choreographed  :D

#22 Samuel Chy

Samuel Chy

BKI impostor

• Platinum Member
  • 4,206 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 08:12 PM

Amway South Korea annual incentive trip has visited KK a number of time. All their Diamonds and Crown Ambassador ranking distributors deserved the best. No wonder they need KE B744 sometimes.

indeed. their ALS normally last 3-4weeks, all their distributor come in batch, every batch stay around 6-7days here. they even conquer entire Karambunai resort, and named as Amway resort, which all of their amenities are in Amway Logo, eg. Golf Ball, slippers, and resort staff uniforms are all provided by Amway. 

and roadside news, say some of their leaders actually complain our Kimchi not up to their standard, ended up the company arrange tons of Kimchi under the belly of the 747....

Yes :)

Example, they get dropped off at a corner of Asia City, go for lunch at the couple of Korean restaurants there, drop by ACE supermarket to stock up on Korean snacks/provisions/soju and straight back into the waiting coaches

It's like so well choreographed  :D

another word is, they never away from Korea actually. they only borrow use our land and weather. hahahaha

Edited by Samuel Chy, 08 August 2018 - 08:13 PM.

#23 BC Tam

BC Tam
  • Platinum Member
  • 7,372 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 08:20 PM

Talking of which:

1) when are we due for the next convoy of Korean 744s (even 748 or 380 ?!) shipping them Amway VIPs in ?  :)

2) compared to 'their' kimchi, you have to concede 'our' versions are ...... well, 'meh' to put it mildly  :D

#24 JuliusWong

JuliusWong
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:53 PM

indeed. their ALS normally last 3-4weeks, all their distributor come in batch, every batch stay around 6-7days here. they even conquer entire Karambunai resort, and named as Amway resort, which all of their amenities are in Amway Logo, eg. Golf Ball, slippers, and resort staff uniforms are all provided by Amway. 

and roadside news, say some of their leaders actually complain our Kimchi not up to their standard, ended up the company arrange tons of Kimchi under the belly of the 747....

another word is, they never away from Korea actually. they only borrow use our land and weather. hahahaha

Hahahaha! Holy smoke! I learn something new today, thank for the info. Wah, can officially rename the resort already as Amway Getaway Resort Malaysia. Lol

Shipping Kimchi from Korea to be enjoyed thousands km away.... Lol

KK is earning big bucks from these MICE group. But how much really trickle down to local remains to be seen. No wonder my local KK friends are complaining food in KK is expensive. Lol

KKIA needs expansion to accommodate A380 pronto!!

#25 Waiping

Waiping

Model Collector/Spotter

• Platinum Member
  • 5,699 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:13 PM

Actually except for franchise believe the other Korean restaurants in KK are owned by "retired" Koreans, some may not be able to even communicate in English properly. So the claim about bad kimchi...

It's been awhile since a fleet of 2 x B747, 2 x T7 and 1 330(?) brought in the Amway army and occupy Sepanggar Bay. Didn't notice any extraordinary movement since then.

By the way, KKIA can handle B748.

Edited by Waiping, 08 August 2018 - 10:14 PM.

#26 Holger

Holger
  • Silver Member
  • 294 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:35 PM

With the first news that Shenzhen is going to double daily...here an overview of the currently operated international routes by AirAsia from BKI ( plus Manila opb Philippines AirAsia and Bangkok opb Thai AirAsia ):

bkiqee66.gif

Edited by Holger, 08 August 2018 - 10:39 PM.

#27 Waiping

Waiping

Model Collector/Spotter

• Platinum Member
  • 5,699 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:00 PM

We used to have flight to DPS and CGK opb QZ. Now only Batik Indonesia is operating twice weekly BKI - CGK.

#28 Holger

Holger
  • Silver Member
  • 294 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:03 PM

But this Thread is about AirAsia and the now served routes and what maybe the future brings :-)

Edited by Holger, 08 August 2018 - 11:09 PM.

#29 Mohd Azizul Ramli

Mohd Azizul Ramli
  • Platinum Member
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 03:44 AM

So LCC with the right mechanism might work.  Maybe AK lacks presence in Korea.

I think an intervention by AK First Lady Puan Seri Tony Princess Kimchi is required here.

I know they enjoy staying at Shangri-La Rasa Ria for 1-2weeks stay and never really leaving the resort only for kundasang or island hopping. The room rates have jacked up 200% compared to 2010 and sometimes there's no room available.

Shangri-La Rasa Ria is FABULOUS! Been wanting to return over and over again.

#30 Waiping

Waiping

Model Collector/Spotter

• Platinum Member
  • 5,699 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 06:42 AM

But this Thread is about AirAsia and the now served routes and what maybe the future brings :-)

Sorry forgot to add hopefully QZ can bring back BKI - CGK route. They previously served CGK and DPS from BKI.

#31 Dr Chuo Hock Tieng

Dr Chuo Hock Tieng
  • Gold Member
  • 542 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 03:58 PM

please dont introduce them tuhau... if not the local will get mad...

#32 Kenny Sing

Kenny Sing
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 04:21 PM

please dont introduce them tuhau... if not the local will get mad...

tuhau is nice if you know how to appreciate it.

#33 Sri Ramani K.

Sri Ramani K.
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 08:58 PM

Sorry thats not right!

I made the utilisation plan for every base.

For example Kuching departures in the morning for november:

0600 0655 0720 0810 KCH BTU x x x x x x x

0610 0735 0800 0925 KCH BKI x x x x x x x

0700 0740 0805 0845 KCH SBW x x x x x x x

0700 0755 0820 0910 KCH BTU x x x x x x x

0710 0850 0915 1100 KCH KUL x x x x x x x

And number 6:

0700 0830 1415 1545 KCH SIN x   x   x   x

0800 0935 1520 1650 KCH SIN   x   x   x  

What happens is during festivities, school holidays, where extra flights are mounted, they add another aircraft to be based in those hubs. On top of that, some are operated as a triangular route which originates from either KUL or JHB. Otherwise the count that I gave is the exact one as of 2 days ago.

Edited by Sri Ramani K., 09 August 2018 - 08:59 PM.

#34 Holger

Holger
  • Silver Member
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 09:54 PM

Ok thats why i wrote NOVEMBER cause they will ramp up the ops in JHB and KCH from oktober!

So JHB and KCH will get one more jet.

#35 Holger

Holger
  • Silver Member
  • 294 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 02:27 PM

AirAsia India

11 A320 at Bangalore

5 A320 at Dehli

3 A320 at Calcutta

Based on the data for october!

At least number 20 will arrive later this year .International operation will start with number 21.

I expect first routes like Dehli-KUL and Bangalore-KUL, because these routes are just 4/7 from KUL and not more flights possible from the malaysian side.

mapbbdps.gif

Edited by Holger, 02 September 2018 - 02:28 PM.

#36 kandiah k

kandiah k
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 11:48 AM

It is interesting how AAI intended to set up their base at MAA and eventually moved it to BLR instead. I wonder who is the anchor in MAA.

#37 JuliusWong

JuliusWong
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 07:11 PM

It is interesting how AAI intended to set up their base at MAA and eventually moved it to BLR instead. I wonder who is the anchor in MAA.

MAA is among the many hubs for IndiGo, Jet Airways, Spicejet, Alliance Air (Air India subsidiary). BLR is hub for same airlines except focus city for Spicejet.

#38 kandiah k

kandiah k
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 02:08 PM

MAA is among the many hubs for IndiGo, Jet Airways, Spicejet, Alliance Air (Air India subsidiary). BLR is hub for same airlines except focus city for Spicejet.

Great! Thanks :clapping:

#39 Holger

Holger
  • Silver Member
  • 294 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 03:35 PM

Indonesia AirAsia

Lets have a look to Indonesia!

Since the crash in 2014 the fleet of A320 was down from 30 to 22.

Then in Dec 2017 and in Aug 2018 they add one A320, so they are 24 now. Operating now again under one AOC, Indonesia Airasia. Indonesia AirAsia X is more or less not more excisting.

Based on the data for december the bases are:

9 A320 at Jakarta

7 A320 at Denpasar

4 A320 at Surabaya

3 A320 at Medan ( one of the 3 with nightstop in KUL )

1 A320 serves as a reserve.

Indonesia is a very challenging market for AirAsia.
The market is growing, but the prices are very cheap. They are trying to focus on a few international markets like KUL, SIN, DMK and PER. Many domestic routes were canceled due to competition.

#40 Holger

Holger
  • Silver Member
  • 294 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 03:11 PM

Johor Bahru

I have done some work and here you can see a possible! utilsation plan of the 6 jets based in JHB!

This plan ist made for the second week of december!

Could be some changes in January for example.

They canx 3/7 TGG. For that, IPH goes to daily.

The first time is the departure time in JHB, the second the arrival time in JHB.

For further questions dont hesitate to ask me.

jhbz1eyd.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)