Icon Important Announcement!

New registrations require administration validation. This may delay registration approvals.
Reach out to us on our Facebook Page for faster approvals

Photo

Christoph Mueller

• Please log in to reply
260 replies to this topic

#41 Suzanne Goh

Suzanne Goh
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:05 PM

Yay Suzanne is in my team. Sorry BC Tam, told you LOL.

Hahah no la - Dpn't think anyone is wrong - I'm just relating my experience in product design for small goods la. Maybe Gold is super cool for an airline, mana tau? :P 

#42 Waiping

Waiping

Model Collector/Spotter

• Platinum Member
  • 5,699 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:16 PM

Honestly what do you think the station manager at LHR should do?  Just ignore him?  It may just be an act of courtesy to a passengers, never mind whether VIP or otherwise.

On a side note, I hope MH's courteous attitude towards their customers will not be swapped with AK's customer service.  They are next to none existence.

#43 Mohd Azizul Ramli

Mohd Azizul Ramli
  • Platinum Member
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:29 PM

I think the offer came at the wrong time.

Offering a tour of the MH LHR operation at the time of check in (possibly for the flagship MH1), which is possibly the busiest time, is a mistake. It will disrupt the staff (having to stop doing their job to explain, salam the new CEO, take selfies etc etc) and thus will effect the customers too (staff lambat, queue panjang, luggage, boarding, departure everything delay because new CEO buat tour of operation. And delay in LHR you know la kan nak taxi to runway pun can take almost an hour).

CM has been in the aviation business for what, 50 years (?) and is based in Europe. I am sure he knows how the operation of an airline based in LHR. Don't think MH has any special procedure in the operation that is worth to tour about.

I think the best he can do at that time is just to process CM's check-in formality at the swiftest speed possible, wish him bon voyage and the best of luck on the new job (a small but sincere and courteous personal touch, make it impactful). Then smile big. That's it.

#44 Waiping

Waiping

Model Collector/Spotter

• Platinum Member
  • 5,699 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:35 PM

:D point taken.

#45 Izanee

Izanee
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:52 AM

Nice touch, proper German efficiency! Hope that he manages to bring about some changes to MH (rose tinted spectacles)... In reality, might not be so easy to make those difficult decisions as I'm sure the unseen hands will put up a fight

#46 Mohd Azizul Ramli

Mohd Azizul Ramli
  • Platinum Member
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:36 AM

He is officially onboard. http://www.thestar.c...-charge-at-MAS/

#47 flee

flee
  • Platinum Member
  • 11,368 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:11 AM

Tough turnaround for Malaysia Airlines

PETALING JAYA: Malaysia Airlines’ (MAS) new chief executive officer (CEO), Christoph Mueller (pic), in his first message to 20,000 employees has warned of massive cost cuts, as the chilling truth is that the airline’s cost has been 20% above that of its competitors.

He also pointed out that this year would be more challenging than anticipated. The strong US dollar has hurt its operations, and as a result, MAS has not fully benefited from the lower jet fuel prices.

For now, demand for the airline’s services in key markets is still sluggish despite MAS offering high discounts on its ticket prices.

He also said that MAS’ payroll cost was too high.

#48 Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Mohd Suhaimi Fariz
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:20 AM

He also said that MAS payroll cost was too high.

I wonder by what matrix is he referring to in terms of payroll costs - high headcount or high salaries?

#49 flee

flee
  • Platinum Member
  • 11,368 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:49 AM

I wonder by what matrix is he referring to in terms of payroll costs - high headcount or high salaries?

I would imagine that it would be both - too high headcount for the lower level staff and too high salaries for those higher up!

Some interesting observations:

In order to grow, Mueller pointed out that “sometimes we have to retreat and regroup before growing again. That is the ultimate target, we want to grow again in the last phase of the restructuring”.

It would appear that he is learning the JAL turnaround lessons.

His vision for the new airline is one which is safe, on-time and friendly. Since it will be a new airline, he is looking at a uniform change, a new common building to work in, new processes and teamwork system-wide.

He is taking a clean sheet, zero based, approach.

He will be building a new airline based on what he knows will work - he is also shaping the new airline to be able to offer good competition to LCCs. What he has not mentioned is how it will compete with the ME3.

#50 JuliusWong

JuliusWong
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:36 AM

He will most probably do the same with what he did to EI. Retire small sub fleet (B735), cut office jobs, streamline hub, cut routes, and overhaul management,

Once stabilised, order new jets (newer A332), move away from head to head competition with Ryanair, expand Transatlantic services and do contract service for VS.

#51 flee

flee
  • Platinum Member
  • 11,368 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:41 AM

I wonder if the newco will still be in oneworld. Technically speaking, oneworld dies with the old MAS. EI did not join any alliances in his tenure there.

#52 JuliusWong

JuliusWong
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:04 PM

New Malaysia Air CEO vows turnaround for battered airline

'The Terminator' says MAS turnaround programme will take three to five years and 'the medicine is bitter'

http://www.therakyat...ttered-airline/

CM fires first shot....ALL THE BEST TO ALL MH STAFF.....

#53 Alif A. F.

Alif A. F.
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:43 PM

My relative has been working in MAS since late 1990s, during TR's era. She has seen the airline's ups and downs since then. But, now she is keen to get out of this company and already requested being put among the 6,000 employees to be retrenched. It is still subject of approval by the top management. Her reasons are due to her health and having to take care her kids.

#54 Izanee

Izanee
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:55 PM

It's a tough time for all MH staff..good luck, hope you get the best job for you. It's a shame that experienced and valuable pilots/crew/engineers/managers/ground staff get lumped along with the useless, non productive and rude bunch with no sense of customer service. I understand morale is low but this maybe the time to shine for them..to prove that their services are valuable.

#55 Suzanne Goh

Suzanne Goh
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:09 AM

It's a tough time for all MH staff..good luck, hope you get the best job for you. It's a shame that experienced and valuable pilots/crew/engineers/managers/ground staff get lumped along with the useless, non productive and rude bunch with no sense of customer service. I understand morale is low but this maybe the time to shine for them..to prove that their services are valuable.

It is a shame to generalise - but it happens in every large organisation - the good will get tarred along with the useless in one general broad sweeping statement in an effort label them.

If the 6000 don't go, 20000 don't have a job. What i'm wondering is precisely how MH is going to select the 6000.

I have done restructurings, and the legalities behind labor law are tricky. In the end - when i did it - it was based off a totally transparent and objective points system with NO room for ambiguity based off a past 5 year performance ratings/attendance/disciplinary/awards matrix

Some not so good people stayed, some good people had to go as a result of this (although they were the exceptions rather than the rule) - in the end, NOBODY went to the IR department to say "Suzanne pilih kasih la... she likes A but doesn't like me" Nobody went because they couldn't - factual numbers were input into a computer - numbers came out and selected "winners"

I hope MH is doing this instead of one-two-zoom playground style. 

#56 Ashley Lee

Ashley Lee
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:17 AM

It is a shame to generalise - but it happens in every large organisation - the good will get tarred along with the useless in one general broad sweeping statement in an effort label them.

If the 6000 don't go, 20000 don't have a job. What i'm wondering is precisely how MH is going to select the 6000.

I have done restructurings, and the legalities behind labor law are tricky. In the end - when i did it - it was based off a totally transparent and objective points system with NO room for ambiguity based off a past 5 year performance ratings/attendance/disciplinary/awards matrix

Some not so good people stayed, some good people had to go as a result of this (although they were the exceptions rather than the rule) - in the end, NOBODY went to the IR department to say "Suzanne pilih kasih la... she likes A but doesn't like me" Nobody went because they couldn't - factual numbers were input into a computer - numbers came out and selected "winners"

I hope MH is doing this instead of one-two-zoom playground style. 

It all makes sense now, Suzanne. You're exactly like George Clooney in Up in the Air!

#57 Suzanne Goh

Suzanne Goh
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:20 AM

It all makes sense now, Suzanne. You're exactly like George Clooney in Up in the Air!

I'm missing AA Concierge Key! :P 

quite nice status to have that one.....

#58 Alif A. F.

Alif A. F.
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 10:58 AM

I'm missing AA Concierge Key! :P

quite nice status to have that one.....

I reckon you already have racked up 1 million mile points!

#59 Suzanne Goh

Suzanne Goh
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 01:09 PM

I reckon you already have racked up 1 million mile points!

ooh tak boleh lho... Concierge Key needs some unpublished spending. I think @craig knows more how much. I have no idea, and will never get anywhere near

#60 Craig

Craig
  • Gold Member
  • 549 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:39 AM

ooh tak boleh lho... Concierge Key needs some unpublished spending. I think @craig knows more how much. I have no idea, and will never get anywhere near

CK is a myth, like fairies and dragons. I have yet to see one of them :P

But if they do exist, I believe they are a small group of people who are either:

- travel controller for a large corporation

- spend a minimum of $50k USD a year (which I don't think is really that high)

- A-list celebrities (maybe) since AA is still the contract carrier for SAG

Suzanne - which category do you fall into for the CK invitation (I was thinking A-list celebrity).

Edited by Craig, 10 May 2015 - 12:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users