MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Peter Smith

XR no longer taking MAS F50...

Greetings all,

What a tragic week it has been in Australia, with the tragic passing of Wildlife nut Steve Irwin, and most recently today, just east of Perth the untimely death of motor racing legend, Peter Brock. Australia certainly will never be the same.

In more exciting news, due to the -MGK wing fire many of you will now be aware that XR (Skywest) decided against its acquisition. Instead, ex- Denim Air Fokker 50 PH-PRJ c/n20212 will now be acquired. It is expected to ferry out to Australia within the next 4 weeks or so, with service entry sometime around the Nov/Dec crossover. She will take up the markings VH-FNE.

Thanks for the info, mate, even 'news' to me :good:

Good to know/see the F27 is 'moving' from AU to NL, while the F50 is 'moving' from NL to AU ;)

Gibby,

Here you go: she's enroute to Australia :yahoo:

MOV: Maastricht 19.09.2006

VH-FNE F50 Departed 08.26 on delivery EHBK-LGSR, to Australia (ex PH-

PRJ)

Cheers mate, came straight here when I found out she was due to leave Maastricht today.

Cheers to a mate from XR, the a/c is routing...

Maastricht - Santorini - Luxor - Muscat - Mumbai - Kolkata - Phuket - Denpasar - Port Hedland arriving Perth ~1830 next Tuesday!

the a/c is routing...

Maastricht - Santorini - Luxor - Muscat - Mumbai - Kolkata - Phuket - Denpasar - Port Hedland arriving Perth ~1830 next Tuesday!

Wish I could 'dead-head' along with the crew ;)

Guest Levent

Ah, the good old Papa Romeo Juliet... I made a lot of flights with her when she was operating for Air Nostrum in Spain, either in the cockpit jumpseat or in the back, being pampered by the Air Nostrum girls... :rolleyes:

Routes included Barcelona-Turin, Barcelona-Valladolid, Leon, Santander, San Sebastian, Pamplona, Almeria and many more.

Here is a picture of the PH-PRJ I took at Valencia, in the colours of TTA Trans Travel Airlines. Denim Air flew a wet-lease for TTA for a while, on the Rotterdam-Hamburg route. Here she just arrived from a ferry flight to go back into service with Air Nostrum.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Nice rare picture of TTA, Levent; off she is for sunny and warm climes in Western-Australia - apparently couldn't stand the cold & damp weather of the Netherlands :pardon:

Guest Levent

apparently couldn't stand the cold & damp weather of the Netherlands :pardon:

Me neither, that's why I moved to Spain first and then to Thailand :yahoo:

Awesome stuff Levent!

She'll be used to fly from Perth to Geraldton, Carnarvon, Monkey Mia, Learmonth (Exmouth), Newman, Esperance, Albany, Kalgoorlie and The Granites (which is a charter - 4.5hr each way! - literally to the middle of nowhere!)

Her arrival is much anticipated, as is the MASkargo charter due 1hr prior...

Oh, Pieter, do you know anyone who happened to photograph her leaving, or prior to departure? Oh and callsign, I would expect "VHFNE" however XR use the callsign "Ozwest" on their sole international flight for ease of operations, and not to piss off Sky West who use "Skywest" which the Indonesian controllers like to use!

Edited by Liam Gibb

Ol'-PRJ was with PAL also years and years ago. Seen her or her sistership pops up at LBU about a decade ago for few flights which I believe is a charter flights coz never seen her around after that.

Oh, Pieter, do you know anyone who happened to photograph her leaving, or prior to departure?

Checked the www.sgmst.nl site, but no joy :(

Sign in to follow this