MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Peter Smith

RMAF 737-7H6 BBJ M53-01

Waahhh... so fast... Been expecting this from our Perth based spotters

ever since saw our PM & family left for 2 weeks Perth vacation yesterday...

Good shots Liam :good:

Waa, fantastic to see this bird there.. :)

She flew quite a lot of cycle recently..

Anybody knew anything about CN-235 emergency landing at SZB today.. ?

Cheers mate. She arrived in PER last night at 2015 as "Romeo Mike Foxtrot 660" from SZB. Hmm, have to look into that, if they're here for 2 weeks, she must be coming back, as she's departing as the same tonight at 2100 (0245 arrival at SZB).

Liam, is that every type of aircraft come wit different cover to cover the engine? from ur picture the cover only use to cover the turbine of the engine and the 'cone' of the engine. another question, why the aircraft will tight with a few red ribbon on the small small 'antenna??' which under the cockpit window? will they remove it before the flight? thanks in advance... :)

Edited by Samuel Chy

...... another question, why the aircraft will tight with a few red ribbon on the small small 'antenna??' which under the cockpit window? will they remove it before the flight? thanks in advance... :)

That small ribbons are actually covers for the pitot and static ports. It is extremely important to have it removed before flight, or else you won't have airspeed and altitude readout.

or else you won't have airspeed and altitude readout.

Not only that...in 5 years time...that aircraft will feature on Air Crash Investigation... :pardon:

...why the aircraft will tight with a few red ribbon on the small small 'antenna??' which under the cockpit window? will they remove it before the flight? thanks in advance... :)

The little red ribbons have "REMOVED BEFORE FLIGHT" written on them - like my keychain :yahoo:

Isn't it abit chilly to go there at this time of the year for a personal visit? hehe.. Maybe to escape the blardy heat Malaysia is in rite now :rofl:

I miss Perth@!!! :good:

Hi Liam, thanks for the fast coverage and the close up view of that bird.

The sky in those photos look puffy. Can make comfortable pillows. :D

I like the last shot with the winglet too. Good job !

Nice Catch Liam..

a Ques: Do u guys think that maybe RMAF should get a bigger aircraft for the PM and Other VIP's to Fly in..Compare with brunei..Sultan of Brunei got a Variety and all big Planes..Maybe RMAF should get sumthing bigger than the 737..

What do u think?

Edited by Raj

Nice Catch Liam..

a Ques: Do u guys think that maybe RMAF should get a bigger aircraft for the PM and Other VIP's to Fly in..Compare with brunei..Sultan of Brunei got a Variety and all big Planes..Maybe RMAF should get sumthing bigger than the 737..

What do u think?

NO! If they want a bigger plane, then they can pay for a seat on MAS and fly 777 or 747!

RMAF 737BBJ is already big enough! Look at the Aussie PM, he uses a BBJ too and that suits him just dandy! Brunei is a little exhorbitant, but he can afford to be, right! :)

Besides, nothing wrong with the BBJ anyway, its classy and cool and compliments the beautiful Bombardier Global Express very nicely :) It would be nice to see Badawi use that aircraft more often though :)

Liam, very nice coverage mate! I bet that ASIC is realllly paying off now huh! hehehe great shots! send me lahhh for my desktop!

Edited by Sandeep G

Nice Catch Liam..

What do u think?

RMAF may need a bussiness turnaround plan in 5 years time if they get a bigger aircraft.... :rofl:

What is the fundamental difference between a BBJ and a nonBBJ NG 737?

Beautiful 737 there!

BBJ has a nicer interior :)

I think there are also a few modifications to the wing structure and the fuel tanks are slightly larger (given that the aircraft is meant for VIP ops and no RPT.. so payload restrictions are non-existant.

Liam,

the first and last pic mate, send em to me in 1024 x 768 :) cheers!

BBJ has a nicer interior :)

I think there are also a few modifications to the wing structure and the fuel tanks are slightly larger (given that the aircraft is meant for VIP ops and no RPT.. so payload restrictions are non-existant.

I see; makes sense. Larger fuel tank = fly farther, I guess... Thanks!

Gibby, nice picture from PER :) love the last picture especially... look like a blade with the reflected sun shine

Cheers guys

Sandeep, sure is! Which pic do you want? Oh and how big?

Liam, can I request for one copy too?

Can U have the flying knife in 1024? :)

Thanks!