MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Denny Yen

RCSS spotting

Denny,

Stunning A320 shot......more PLEASE !!! ;)

At the moment I thought it was going to rain, however, fast moving winds moved the dark clouds away.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by Denny Yen

IPB Image

Denny,

This shot is just awesome: never seen this, this close; besides, the MD90 is a rare type indeed !!!

MORE, MORE...

Denny, something is attached to the nose wheel of the MD-82 of Uni Air rego B-17911. What is the thing for?

Do you live close to Taipei Sung Shan airport? Do you know if Sung Shan airport was built by the Japanese? As Sung Shan is pronounced as "Matsuyama" in Japanese, it definitely raised my suspicion.

Edited by S V Choong

Yeah...Denny is out spotting...

More Douglas please... :)

Yeah, first time using 20D, 18-55 and 70-300 for 100% spotting. More MDs will follow in next posts.

Denny, something is attached to the nose wheel of the MD-82 of Uni Air rego B-17911. What is the thing for?

Do you live close to Taipei Sung Shan airport? Do you know if Sung Shan airport was built by the Japanese? As Sung Shan is pronounced as "Matsuyama" in Japanese, it definitely raised my suspicion.

Sungshan is a eastern district/suburb in Taipei city. Didn't know that the Japanese colonial govt built that airport, however, I know they built the Presidential Palace and other heritage buildings (there is one which has roof & windows similar to Louvre's / Baroque style rooftop).

I live in science park south of Taipei about 100km away. Sungshan is 100% domestic flights only (it is shared with ROCAF, mostly C130s, 141s).

Will post close-up of the device behind wheel. Reminds me of bicycle front wheel's mud flap.

...something is attached to the nose wheel of the MD-82 of Uni Air rego B-17911. What is the thing for?

Its a spray guard. Here is the diagram from MD80 manual:

IPB Image

Great stuff Denny. And many thanks for meeting up and showing me around Taipei. Appreciate your effort. I have now touched the Darkside (Azahan's) and also Brightside (Denny's).

And many thanks for meeting up and showing me around Taipei...I have now touched the Darkside (Azahan's) and also Brightside (Denny's).

After you went back, I made a spontaneous decision to go to RCSS since its rare to get blue sky and less clouds that weekend. Its my first time spotting there.

Next time if there is opportunity, perhaps I can bring you there. An exhilarating experience because I could feel warm jet blast from my position and plane flying straight line above my head.

Great stuff Denny. And many thanks for meeting up and showing me around Taipei. Appreciate your effort. I have now touched the Darkside (Azahan's) and also Brightside (Denny's).

darkside laaaaaa brader......

but denny, crispy shots!!! good job bro!!!

but havent gone spotting since kuching trip. it has been a while. soon i guess as i miss the nose already. hehehehe......

Good...Denny is now starts for spotting...keep it up.

Landing lights on a classic Douglas Niner..????....

wingtip!! :)

btw LeeCH...Nikon with Canon lens OKay.... :o

Meet the Fockers...

IPB Image

IPB Image

Mandarin has been a great supporter of the Dutch product for a long time already ;)

Note: not many Fokker operators in Asia anymore (apart from MY and ID) :angry:

These close-ups are awesome, Denny !!!

Good to see, you can do some pretty good photography there ;)

Keep them comin'...

wohoo ada lagi (got some more)...

Waiting for a FAT 757...not a thin one Okay... <_>

FAT with PW engines...

Sign in to follow this