MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Nik H.

Wanna Fly a Plane?

Seeing that this website is filled with members who are interested in aviation, what say i organise a flying session using 4 seaters single engine aeroplane out of Subang?

You'll have a chance at handling the controls, and it is a nice opportunity for the photography buffs to shoot aerial photos of PJ and its surrounding areas.

It will be about RM250-300 per head for those who will sit in the Captain's seat. A flight familiarisation syllabus will be drawn up for you so you can enjoy controlling the plane, doing turns, climbs and descends, and maybe even touch and gos...

Anyone interested?

12 needed to make the outing worthwhile. It will probably be on a Saturday morning.

Start a list.

I like to join if I am in town.

:drinks:

Saturday 2nd February I organised a Familiarisation flight for some of my RC Plane flying buddies who normally fly out of an open space at Kota Damansara. 13 of them took part.

I rented two Cessna 172s as my original choice of one Piper Cherokee did not come through as the plane was booked by someone else earlier. I did a briefing session on what to expect the night before at during TT at Aman Suria.

I arranged with the instructors for them to have handling experience as well and most did very well considering it was their first time.

MW member Nicholas was one of the flyers who took part, and he was lucky enough to experience steep turns, stall and stall turns, apart from the normal maneuvers such as touch and go.

Here's some pix from Saturday.

Briefing by the Chief Instructor

dayfla08.jpg

Group Photo. Standing extreme left is MWinger Nicholas

dayfla10.jpg

our planes

dayfla02.jpg

dayfla01.jpg

the Piper we missed

dayfla03.jpg

exterior inspection

dayfla14.jpg

checking the engine oil

dayfla15.jpg

During the flying session, Shah, a friend of mine, brought his precious baby out for us to have a close inspection. The aircraft, capable of cruising above 300km/h looks sleek and hot. Air-con, 3 axis autopilot with vor/loc, comfortable 4 seat interior with gull wing doors etc etc drool drool....

The Socata Trinidad GT, a 250hp Turbo plane, hot stuff.

FCcesna0003.jpg

MWinger Nicholas in the GT

FCcesna0008.jpg

The panel

FCcesna0007.jpg

MWinger Nicholas taxying out, sitting on the Captain's seat.

romeo.jpg

Runway15, looking back

FCcesna0011.jpg

More pics of MWinger Nicholas' Flight Report later.

In the meantime the list is as follows;

1. TK

2. Wilson

3. David C

4. KK Lee

5. Mohammed Nasir

Any More?

Edited by Nik H.

Capt Nik,

is this session open to those with flying experience? what if the person have no flying experience (including simming too :pardon: ), can the person join? i would certainly interested to join, though. :pardon:

Capt Nik,

is this session open to those with flying experience? what if the person have no flying experience (including simming too :pardon: ), can the person join? i would certainly interested to join, though. :pardon:

Just bring your enthusiasm, accompanied with good attitude, a smile and some money to pay for the flying. No need flying experience.

Your name added to the list.

1. TK

2. Wilson

3. David C

4. KK Lee

5. Mohammed Nasir

6. Viktor A.

Edited by Nik H.

damn it...if i was in kl i would have gone for it..

i have had 1 hour flying lesson in dundee. can't remember what plane it was though...

Edited by Izanee

And MWinger Nicholas flying experience on that day continues. After airborne, they proceeded towards Shah Alam for the Klang training area.

MWinger Nicholas at the controls This pic may be of you if you join the group.

Capt-romeomustfly.jpg

steep turn over Klang

Capt-romeomustfly2.jpg

Capt-romeomustfly3.jpg

Capt-romeomustfly1.jpg

Stall Turn over Port Klang Toll Plaza Area

Capt-romeomustfly4.jpg

Runway 15 Finals

FCcesna0015.jpg

Taxying on Terminal 3 Apron

FCcesna0016.jpg

One very very Happy MWinger

nick.jpg

So, ada berani?

1. TK

2. Wilson

3. David C

4. KK Lee

5. Mohammed Nasir

6. Viktor A.

7. Walter Sim

Limited Slots available.

Please indicate your preference on the choice of aircraft;

Available; Cessna 172 or Piper PA 180 Cherokee.

The Trinidad GT ( slurp....drool drool ) is also OK but is pricier.

Two Photographer slots available on voluntary basis.

Edited by Nik H.

Participant List

1. TK

2. Wilson

3. David C

4. KK Lee

5. Mohammed Nasir

6. Viktor A.

7. Walter Sim

8. Kevin Teh

Event Photographer

1. Norman

Limited Slots

Participants must join Mandatory Pre Flight Briefing session the night before at Aman Suria to maximise enjoyment so you get best value for your time and money.

Please indicate your preference on the choice of aircraft;

Available; Cessna 172 or Piper PA 180 Cherokee.

The Trinidad GT ( slurp....drool drool ) is also OK but is pricier.

Seriously.. seriously interesting.

But I'm having cold knuckles just imagining it! Too excited, yet too gabra to be behind the control.

Can I just join the walkaround and briefing (not the mandatory night briefing), or getting a seat behind? I don't mind paying for those.

Any requirements for the voluntary photographer slots - e.g. must have DSLR?

Capt. Nik,Are you organizing these flights also in June ?As you know, residing in AMS, but will be over to Malaysia 25jun-01jul, and would LOVE to do some flying during that time (US PPL holder, flown C-152 and C-172 most of the time)...So, if you can in June, count me in with two persons :pardon:

Yea² :yahoo: .. Can I Join? ... I Don't Have Any Flight Experience it ... Just Sit, Pusing², Tangkap Gambar.. When Arr.??

Participant List

1. TK

2. Wilson

3. David C

4. KK Lee

5. Mohammed Nasir

6. Viktor A.

7. Walter Sim

8. Kevin Teh

9. TW Teo

10.Diadrian

Event Photographer

1. Norman

2. TBA

Limited Slots

Participants must join Mandatory Pre Flight Briefing session the night before at Aman Suria to maximise enjoyment so you get best value for your time and money.

Please indicate your preference on the choice of aircraft;Available; Cessna 172 or Piper PA 180 Cherokee.The Trinidad GT ( slurp....drool drool ) is also OK but is pricier.

Capt. Nik,Are you organizing these flights also in June ?As you know, residing in AMS, but will be over to Malaysia 25jun-01jul, and would LOVE to do some flying during that time (US PPL holder, flown C-152 and C-172 most of the time)...So, if you can in June, count me in with two persons :pardon:

Pieter, If you're still current I can arrange a quick check-out with a Malaysian DCA QFI when you get here. If not you can still fly with a local instructor. I'll need two weeks notice of confirmation from you.

Edited by Nik H.

Participant List

1. TK

2. Wilson

3. David C

4. KK Lee

5. Mohammed Nasir

6. Viktor A.

7. Walter Sim

8. Kevin Teh

9. TW Teo

10.Diadrian

Event Photographer

1. Norman

2. TBA

Limited Slots

Please indicate your preference on the choice of aircraft;Available; Cessna 172 or Piper PA 180 Cherokee.The Trinidad GT ( slurp....drool drool ) is also OK but is pricier.

Pieter, If you're still current I can arrange a quick check-out with a Malaysian DCA QFI when you get here. If not you can still fly with a local instructor. I'll need two weeks notice of confirmation from you.

I don't want Captain Seat... but can I be the TBA Photographer.... heheheh

want to shoot Teh Teh on the left seat... :lol: :lol: