MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mushrif A

MH services to BEY

After today's events, it is safe to assume that tomorrow's MH service to BEY will terminate at DXB, and probably turnaround after spending many hours on the ground there.

Do the MH crew spend a few days in BEY in between flights, or do they do a turnaround from DXB? If the former, they could be stranded for quite a while.

Edited by mushrif a

BEY (OLBA) under attack from Israeli forces...sampai ke Beyrut ya? Jauh tu.

BEY (OLBA) under attack from Israeli forces...sampai ke Beyrut ya? Jauh tu.

Not really, Beirut airport is prolly just 120km from the Israeli border.

.ny

Yes...Now i'm remember.Southern Lebanon was shelled by Israeli artillery.so there is a chance that Israeli Air Force will deploy their fighter to the conflict zone,thus making it a danger situation for civil aircrafts flying over the conflict zone.

Not really, Beirut airport is prolly just 120km from the Israeli border.

.ny

120km jauh tu pakcik. Kalau betul-betul kat border lain le cerita...hehe..

Ah well when is all that going to end.

Yes...Now i'm remember.Southern Lebanon was shelled by Israeli artillery.so there is a chance that Israeli Air Force will deploy their fighter to the conflict zone,thus making it a danger situation for civil aircrafts flying over the conflict zone.

No, nothing along those lines.

BEY airport is close. Runways were bombed by Israeli jets. Hence, planes cannot land/take-off on runways that have craters in them. Planes stranded and others diverted.

Repairs to runways will take time, and potentially dangerous if there are secondary explosives to thwart any attempts to repair the runways.

120km jauh tu pakcik. Kalau betul-betul kat border lain le cerita...hehe..

Several minutes flying time only maaa... no sweat for the Israelis.

.ny

Several minutes flying time only maaa... no sweat for the Israelis.

.ny

Still, it's like deep into the territory of a sovereign country...

Still, it's like deep into the territory of a sovereign country...

Since when do the Israelis care? Latest news is they are blockading Lebanon, air & sea.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5175160.stm

Thursday, 13 July 2006, 09:08 GMT 10:08 UK

Israel is imposing an air and sea blockade on Lebanon as part of a major offensive over two soldiers captured by the militant group Hezbollah.

IPB Image

Israeli ships have entered Lebanese water to block ports, and the country's only international airport is closed after Israeli air strikes on Thursday.

And if the Iranians proceed with their nuclear plans, I bet the Israelis will fly all the way to bomb out the facilities.

.ny

I've been to Israel, that place is not safe ;)

And if the Iranians proceed with their nuclear plans, I bet the Israelis will fly all the way to bomb out the facilities.

.ny

They have missile can shoot over 6000 miles from the lauch point :good:

Since when do the Israelis care? Latest news is they are blockading Lebanon, air & sea.

Israel is dumb :D

Edited by Seth K

Who started this kidnapping in the 1st place ??!!

so..u mean to say that for kidnapping one or two Zionist regime SOLDIERS, its ok to knock out the only power plant serving the gaza strip - depriving the million or so people of energy, sanitation, water, healthcare needs..etc etc.

Also for the 1 or 2 soldiers kidnapped... its okay to kill a few hundred civillians...

israel and america wanted democracy for the middle east....and allowed palestinians to vote to CHOOSE their OWN leaders...and surprise surprise, when HAMAS won...US/Zionist regime are not happy??

they wanted democracy..they HAVE IT!

and also by the way....Beirut has been a war zone for over 20 years...and now when its on its way to full recovery..they are trying to reduce it to rubble once again.

i watched the film Munich yesterday coincidentally... opened my eyes to what the Mossad and the Zionist regime get up to.

i'm glad the malaysian government does not recognise the Zionist regime

Concerned world citizens should care. Good question though. Yet, nobody else seems to question this, especially not those from you-know-where lah. ;)

.ny

Osirak 1981 comes to mind.

I don't normally go here on online forums, well not anymore anyway, so all I can say is let us all not go there. :)

Edited by H Azmal

This will never end. Why did the Palestinians do the kidnapping? Because the Israelis did A. Why? Because the Palestinians did B. Why? Because the Israelis did C. Why? Because the Palestinians did D. Why? ... ad infinitum ... till the era of Abraham and his two wives who spawned the Arabs and the Jews. I think we better stop here lah. :good:

.ny

so..u mean to say that for kidnapping one or two Zionist regime SOLDIERS,

...US/Zionist regime are not happy??

opened my eyes to what the Mossad and the Zionist regime get up to.

i'm glad the malaysian government does not recognise the Zionist regime

kidnapping should not have taken place in the first case :angry:

They could have expected a reaction like this - never wake-up a sleeping tiger...

for the rest: it sounds like Iranian propaganda - they also use Zionist versus Israeli...

OK - case closed; let's not make war (by words or whatever) ;)

The Palestinian issue is something that muslims the world over holds dear in their hearts. A friendly advice to those who seem unfamiliar with malaysian/muslim sensitivities, never sound as though you are on Israeli's side. Multicultural Malaysia maintains its peace all these while for a reason - there are certain extremely sensitive things that are not meant to be expressed openly.

Peace to all :)

120KM at there is like 1200KM ,during the journey they cannot expect what can happen to them.Maybe air attacking by Israel or maybe terorist hijacking. So not easy if want to travel in that war area. God bless them :sorry: m!!!!

Edited by Andrew Yong

The Palestinian issue is something that muslims the world over holds dear in their hearts. A friendly advice to those who seem unfamiliar with malaysian/muslim sensitivities, never sound as though you are on Israeli's side. Multicultural Malaysia maintains its peace all these while for a reason - there are certain extremely sensitive things that are not meant to be expressed openly.

Peace to all :)

I see the matter as a tribal conflict, not a religious one. See, for e.g. http://catholic-resources.org/Bible/History-Abraham.htm

And I don't understand why Malaysian Muslims are so emotional about it, sometimes even more than the Arab Muslims themselves.

.naim

It is the inclusion of Al-Aqsa mosque is what makes it so sensitive for Muslims. Not to mention that 85% of Arab Palestinians are Muslims.

Having said that, though, I agree this issue is not an exclusively Muslim one.

See here:-

http://www.occupation101.org

and here:

http://www.haruth.com/JewsBahrain.html

and here:

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/p..._land_video.htm

Edited by H Azmal

May I suggest though that this topic be either deleted or edited?

I have been to enough forums to see how the PS-IL issue can create bad blood between members; the ensuing war of words will simply get none of us anywhere, much less contribute to the cause of whatever you believe in.

Cheers.